Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
Mkay, so are you pushing for the banning of all drugs, or the legalization of all drugs? Because legal heroin is stupid, about as much as making the antidepressants that have saved the lives of many friends illegal is or the Ritalin that has helped children since the 60s get through school and add to society.
Quit trying to be an expert, please. You don't know what you're talking about, and it shows.
Legalization of all drugs actually. If people are stupid enough to snort heroin, let them, it's their life. It's not my or the government's business to tell people what they can or can't do with their lives. Bleach is readily available, you don't see me guzzling that down my throat...

We consume many things that could potentially kill us. Why ban something when you have equal odds(50/50) of dying some other way such as getting hit by a bus... Soda pop, coffee, fast food are the biggest drugs out there, but because they're tasty and so accepted, the 'moderation' term gets thrown around a lot, people get fat, get heart disease and die. Cigarettes cause people do die. Alcohol cause people to die. The automobile causes people to die. So what's different between those and heroin? A better probability that it will either scar your life or kill you? In that case they should outlaw people becoming police, or going into the military.

I DO know what I'm talking about, although I may not be an expert, I have something which you apparently lack and that is common sense.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #42
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Not much to say about him really. He's misguided and has no fans on this forums. That said...is it such a bad thing if the dead horse of ADHD returns to the stage?
They should make a new thread at least, is all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Legalization of all drugs actually. If people are stupid enough to snort heroin, let them, it's their life. It's not my or the government's business to tell people what they can or can't do with their lives. Bleach is readily available, you don't see me guzzling that down my throat...

We consume many things that could potentially kill us. Why ban something when you have equal odds(50/50) of dying some other way such as getting hit by a bus... Soda pop, coffee, fast food are the biggest drugs out there, but because they're tasty and so accepted, the 'moderation' term gets thrown around a lot, people get fat, get heart disease and die. Cigarettes cause people do die. Alcohol cause people to die. The automobile causes people to die. So what's different between those and heroin? A better probability that it will either scar your life or kill you? In that case they should outlaw people becoming police, or going into the military.

I DO know what I'm talking about, although I may not be an expert, I have something which you apparently lack and that is common sense.
No, you don't know what you're talking about. Heroin is completely different than soda, or aspirin, there's a reason we have classes of drugs called 'schedules' go look them up. Something like heroin is a Schedule I, whereas something like Ibuprofen(Advil) is so safe that it's an OTC drug. Heroin kills in small amounts over time, Ibuprofen doesn't kill in small amounts over time. That is a huge fucking difference. Please, think. I'm also 99% sure I'm more qualified than you about medicine as well, so I know what I'm talking about most of the time.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #43
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu
I got that. Without either strict moderation or a different population of people I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon. FWIW, I've made the same comment in years past on other threads...I just gave up.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #44
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
I'd like to. So, why are you so anti-Ritalin if you're pro-legalization? Seems as if you haven't been thinking things through.

Quote:
We consume many things that could potentially kill us. Why ban something when you have equal odds(50/50) of dying some other way such as getting hit by a bus...
Are you trying to tell me that the percentage of people dying due to bus accidents is larger than the percentage of heroin addicts dying? There may be more bus-related fatalities, but that's because there aren't as many people on heroin as there are near busses.
Quote:
Soda pop, coffee, fast food are the biggest drugs out there, but because they're tasty and so accepted, the 'moderation' term gets thrown around a lot, people get fat, get heart disease and die.
Those foods are dangerous, but they're not heroin-dangerous. I haven't heard of people stealing from their relatives because they need to get to McDonalds, apart from the people who steal because they need food at all. People don't give up their lives, jobs, passions and so forth to fund their coffee addictions. That's the difference you don't grasp.

Quote:
Cigarettes cause people do die. Alcohol cause people to die.
Choices. This is the only argument you've given that I will agree with. People are responsible for themselves. Good call.
Quote:
The automobile causes people to die. So what's different between those and heroin? A better probability that it will either scar your life or kill you? In that case they should outlaw people becoming police, or going into the military.
So driving is essentially the same as taking heroin to you? Every dangerous thing I quoted is vital to our community. People have to drive. People have to become police, people need to serve in the military. People don't need to take heroin.

Quote:
Yeah, because comparing heroin use to driving a car is something one with common sense would do. Oh. Snap.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #45
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu

No, you don't know what you're talking about. Heroin is completely different than soda, or aspirin, there's a reason we have classes of drugs called 'schedules' go look them up. Something like heroin is a Schedule I, whereas something like Ibuprofen(Advil) is so safe that it's an OTC drug. Heroin kills in small amounts over time, Ibuprofen doesn't kill in small amounts over time. That is a huge fucking difference. Please, think. I'm also 99% sure I'm more qualified than you about medicine as well, so I know what I'm talking about most of the time.
Actually, anything in moderation is ok. Take a look at the coca plant, used to make cocaine. Trace amounts of it actually are used to get rid of headaches like aspirin does. So, while a plant or drug might not have a lot or even any practical use, it still shouldn't be illegal. Lets see, drinking lots of soda, good for you? I think not. Snorting some cocain, good for you? I think not. The moderation amount is completely different from substance to substance, along with their own specific side effects.

If I drink a gallon of bleach over a teaspoon of bleach, which one will potentially harm me more? Same thing with anything else, just the amount used, and the potency of it. Caffeine is a drug, it is addictive, and while it may be wideley accepted throughout the world, it can still be harmful over time. If I inject a drop of cocaine into my bloodstream as opposed to a shot full of it, which one is going to potentially cause more harm?

Also, the war on drugs is useless. People can still get practically any drug on the market right now, for a price. But wouldn't you rather have it be made illegal so actual corporations have control over it than the drug dealers and junkies?

Lets look at marijunana for a minute. It's been said time and time again that it's positive effects outweigh the negative ones by a mile, but it's still illegal. Some states have decriminalized it, in fact, in Portland, they are doing a vote to allow people to have under 1oz on your person at all times. Propoganda and scare tactics cause people to fear things, such as the war on drugs or the war on terror, etc... People have so much fear inside because of what the media portrays everything to be, they become sheep, or sheeple as I like to call them. They then become advocates of this fear, instead of thinking for themselves, making their own decisions. The government also plays a part in keeping control over the people. It is in their interest to keep the population dumbed down to the point where people don't want to deal with the hassle of paying their income tax(which is illegal btw), to give up freedoms for national security(if you give up freedom for national security, you lose both). People would rather have the inconvenience of paying extra, or removing a few freedoms than actually FACE the problem that's right in front of them.

I am a libertarian, I view that we should keep things the way the constitution wanted, NO abortion, even in rape cases, individual responsibility, I'm an adult, I should be able to choose whether I want to fuck up my life or not, and we should stay out of the business of other countries. GTFO of Iraq, and the middle east completely, so we can focus on our problems here in the USA, such as Louisiana(hurricane...) or the fires in California. We have our own problems to worry about, why worry about other people in other countries killing each other when we have crazy people here???

The justice system is corrupt.
The education system needs to be abolished.
The IRS needs to go away.
The federal reserve needs to not be controlled by a few select private banks.
Our civil liberties should never be taken away unless we are a criminal.
We need to stop going to war without proper declaration.
We need to completely remove the patriot act and Impeach/jail GWB for war crimes(and the rest of his cabinet for that matter)
We need to elect a president who will follow the rights that we are entitled to as Americans, and focus on the government playing a smaller role in our lives.
Health care should never be free, the doctors have to pay for their tools some way you know...
We need to improve immigration, not by creating a huge wall isolating us from other coutries, but make more efficient ways for people to become citizens so we have a minimal amount of illegal immigrants...
The birth right rule should continue, however if the child's parents are illegal, and haven't gone through the process to become a citizen, they should be deported, and the child should be sent to child services/put up for adoption. If parents are trying to play the system, don't make the child pay the price, make the parents pay the price for their bad decisions.

This topic was originally about Jack Thompson, he is the kind of guy who wants to control what people do, wanting to remove our rights as US citizens to be able to play the video games we want.
Parents have passed the puck to other people to take care of their own children because they think it's HARD...

Wake up people. Life is difficult. Live the life you want to live, and start thinking about just how our system is completely messed up.

I'm not a doctor, I'm not an expert in anything other than my own opinions, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #46
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
So driving is essentially the same as taking heroin to you? Every dangerous thing I quoted is vital to our community. People have to drive. People have to become police, people need to serve in the military. People don't need to take heroin.
Where in the world did you get the idea that we NEED to do anything other than have food, water, and shelter to survive? We don't need caffeine, or cars for that matter. Yes, heroin or lots of other drugs can cause more deaths than others, but why are cigarettes still legal if they claim the lives of millions of people? The argument shouldn't be how harmful something is in comparison to the next, it should be whether we should have the right to decide whether or not we think we want to take the risk on doing the drug, eating the burger, smoking that cigarette...

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #47
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Kubedawg, I'm sure there's a great many things we probably agree on or where we hold similar views...but perhaps you might consider a new thread...your last posts were....wow...an armada's worth of thread piracy...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #48
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

KubeDawg, you're saying some ridiculously ignorant statements, nearly on the level of Nuk3m. Quite frankly, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Anything in moderation is OK"? Try some VX gas in moderation. We'll see how you fare after that. Dumbass.

You go off on a rant about how adults are irresponsible for putting their kids on medication, but then go off on a rant about how drugs are OK. Dumbass. At least Tom Cruise could make it look funny.

You compare taking heroin to drinking bleach as a reason why it should be legalized, and you can't possibly think of a difference. Guess what, one gives you a high, one burns your esophagus. Guess which one is which. You also can't seem to see the difference in illegal drug use and other legal activities like walking, driving, or drinking coffee that you say have a 50/50 chance of killing you (WHAT? Half of all people who drink coffee die from it?? Dumbass). Have you ever thought of the PURPOSE of these activities? Driving has a useful purpose. You can't ban it because there are some car crashes. You dumbass. Outlaw police and the military? God, you're fucking clueless.

You say you're a libertarian but you don't have a fucking idea about liberty or the Constitution. "No abortion, even in rape cases"? What? Are you retarded? That's the opposite of being a libertarian, dumbass. LESS REGULATION ON ACTIVITIES = LIBERTY. INDIVIDUAL CHOICE = LIBERTY. Get it through your small head.

You uneducated piece of dumbshit. Stop spewing your bullshit. We don't want to hear your uninformed opinions. Enough.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #49
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
die

Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #50
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
KubeDawg, you're saying some ridiculously ignorant statements, nearly on the level of Nuk3m. Quite frankly, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Anything in moderation is OK"? Try some VX gas in moderation. We'll see how you fare after that. Dumbass.

You go off on a rant about how adults are irresponsible for putting their kids on medication, but then go off on a rant about how drugs are OK. Dumbass. At least Tom Cruise could make it look funny.

You compare taking heroin to drinking bleach as a reason why it should be legalized, and you can't possibly think of a difference. Guess what, one gives you a high, one burns your esophagus. Guess which one is which. You also can't seem to see the difference in illegal drug use and other legal activities like walking, driving, or drinking coffee that you say have a 50/50 chance of killing you (WHAT? Half of all people who drink coffee die from it?? Dumbass). Have you ever thought of the PURPOSE of these activities? Driving has a useful purpose. You can't ban it because there are some car crashes. You dumbass. Outlaw police and the military? God, you're fucking clueless.

You say you're a libertarian but you don't have a fucking idea about liberty or the Constitution. "No abortion, even in rape cases"? What? Are you retarded? That's the opposite of being a libertarian, dumbass. LESS REGULATION ON ACTIVITIES = LIBERTY. INDIVIDUAL CHOICE = LIBERTY. Get it through your small head.

You uneducated piece of dumbshit. Stop spewing your bullshit. We don't want to hear your uninformed opinions. Enough.
Calling me a dumbass isn't going to change my opinion about these things...

Lets see, how much bleach will it take to kill you if you drink it? Will snorting cocaine kill you? The possibilities are endless... It's not how potent a drug may be, but the liberty of a citizen to make that decision. People do stupid shit all the time, including get high, drink, etc. It's sheer hypicrisy... I mean, what's wrong with warning labels? THIS WILL PROBABLY KILL YOU. See? Anyone with common sense would be able to tell that cocaine could kill you. Anyone with common sense would be able to tell that bungie jumping, skydiving, scubadiving, most activities can also kill you. It should not be up to the government to decide what you do to your body at all, PERIOD.

I'm not saying ALL drugs are ok, I'm saying they shouldn't be ILLEGAL. Now children are a lot different than adults, which is why I have a stance against drugs prescribed to them. Once they reach the age of majority, where they are at the point where their body is fully grown, then they can do whatever they want with it, including take drugs. I don't have an issue with drugs being prescribed to children if its NECESSARY, but you obviously haven't taken a step outside recently to see how parents have become lazy morons who want to pawn everything off on someone else. That's my main problem...

Rape victims should have to go through with the pregnancy because LIFE is lost if the fetus is aborted. Life begins at conception. Should they make charges against rape much much worse? Yes. If the woman doesn't birth the child, she is killing a human being.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #51
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Making a woman go through a rape pregnancy is ruining a life. Having an unwanted child destroys lives and families. The statistics are clear and undeniable. A child is better off in a family that supports it. Unsupported children often turn into criminals and are a burden on society. Further, babies born from incest are a burden on society and often live with life debilitating disorders. Is a suffering life better than no life? In some cases a baby clearly has the possibility of killing the delivering mother. Why is the unborn child greater than the mother? Should we kill delivering mothers for the sake of creating a child who will have no mother?

Clearly you're a dumb fuck and you're not a libertarian. You're just clueless.

Last edited by uBeR; 11-01-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #52
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Making a woman go through a rape pregnancy is ruining a life. Having an unwanted child destroys lives and families. The statistics are clear and undeniable. A child is better off in a family that supports it. Unsupported children often turn into criminals and are a burden on society. Further, babies born from incest are a burden on society and often live with life debilitating disorders. Is a suffering life better than no life? In some cases a baby clearly has the possibility of killing the delivering mother. Why is the unborn child greater than the mother? Should we kill delivering mothers for the sake of creating a child who will have no mother?

Clearly you're a dumb fuck and you're not a libertarian. You're just clueless.
So the childs life is less important than a child that was conceived consentually? Some how I don't buy into that. Adoption can be done after the baby is born.

And saying that 'statisticly speaking', unsupported children are more likely to become criminals and a hinderance? Umm, I don't know if you knew this, but people aren't good or evil when they're born. The actions they take and the decisions the make in life determine whether they're good or bad....

In cases where the mother has complications, and either the baby or the mother would survive, it should be the doctor to use best judgement on which life would be more likely to be saved, while trying to save both lives.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #53
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

It's not less important, it's less wanted. Do you see the difference? And I didn't say babies are born evil and good. I said babies born into families where they are less wanted are more likely to become criminals or burdensome on the society. That has nothing to do with nature, but everything to do with their environment. Do you see the difference? Should a society suffer for the creation of a life? You also didn't answer whether a suffering life is better than no life. And no, a doctor has no right over a mother's life. That is the mother's decision--not the government's, not the hospital's--just the mother's.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #54
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Sigh.

Locked until I can split it.

'Course then I'll just lock the new one, so maybe I'll leave this as-is.

Closed Thread