Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
o_broodingdude

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Something has come to my attention...

Some people on this board are superior to me because they can dish out and take public humiliation no matter how anonymous and not-anonymous a situation is. You can shit on about how something as trivial as a message board is, but the fact of the matter is that you hide behind your anonymity. I'm a 'sensitive loser'. And apparently this has everything to do with my success in life. Even more apparent is the complete lack of anything but hate towards me. I've given the respect I expected in return, and as yet it isn't. What does that say about you that doesn't return it? How do you sleep at night thinking you're superior to others because you think the ability to take public humiliation is a desireable trait? I try very hard to not return invective and make a point of not starting it intentionally. I make mistakes. But making mistakes isn't acceptable either. Is it? So, you superior people, sleep soundly at night thinking that you lead a meaningful and soulful life. That kind of trick I can't swallow my gorge easily enough to learn. I've made it a point to receive the respect I want by giving it. It isn't returned because I make it also a point to not humiliate, which maybe 3 other people here also do.

I can see the replies:

"Grow thicker skin"
"Kill yourself"
"[nonsensical humorous comment about plankton]"
"[random Chuck Norris fact]"

I guess in a nutshell I'm sick of kids being on the internet. So, you "superior children", when life hits you with these lessons I've faced, I will still be the bigger man and give you respect and help. Because my soul is still intact and not driven out of me by greed or pragmatism. You may have more money than me, you may have more property than me, you may have more of everything than me but I'll die with a smile of contentment that the people I've surrounded myself with are genuine.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
o_()))crayola))_>

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So the way it actually happened, is one day you started getting really jumpy and touchy, and got insta-pissed at everything anyone said. Then you slapped them on ignore so you could enjoy the forums by yourself.

Then you say here that you're sick of kids. By that I assume you mean you're sick of immaturity, but contrary to popular belief some kids are much more mature than grown adults. Case in point right here. You are being immature and childish and whining and bitching. Nobody here has ever been truly disrespectful to you, you just take things way to harshly.

Your guessed replies are correct. Suck it the fuck up.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Well said Brooding. I agree with you about the behavior of people on the net.

By the way, my Billy Madison reference was just a comment on how your downgrading of Blah from "must kill" to despise reminded me of how things played out in the movie. It wasn't meant to insult you in any way.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
o_yomamashouse

Musssstttt...... RESIST!!.... I am at peace, for now.
EDIT, wait, if you ignored us how did you quote me?

Old 01-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
o_qwertyuiop

TOP 10 CHUCK NORRIS FACTS
1 - Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.
2 - There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
3 - Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
4 - The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.
5 - There is no chin under Chuck Norris' Beard. There is only another fist.
6 - Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
7 - The leading causes of death in the United States are:
__1. Heart Disease
__2. Chuck Norris
__3. Cancer
8 - Chuck Norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.
9 - Chuck Norris is my Homeboy.
10 - Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING

Last edited by o_qwertyuiop; 01-28-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
o_yomamashouse

You clearly are having problems aside form these forums. It isn't good for anyone to post out of anger so I will refrain from teasing you until this phase has passed or whatever else is egging you on has stopped.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
o_unknownfigure

What's the point of this thread? Did you really expect something different? A breakthrough? Well, if it's any of that, you completely failed.

I don't know you, but I can say you fail in this one. Just because of the little BF you just had.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodingdude
Some people on this board are superior to me because they can dish out and take public humiliation no matter how anonymous and not-anonymous a situation is.
Superior overall? Nah. Superior at dishing and taking "public humiliation"? Yeah, pretty much.

Quote:
You can shit on about how something as trivial as a message board is, but the fact of the matter is that you hide behind your anonymity. I'm a 'sensitive loser'. And apparently this has everything to do with my success in life.
First off, wha? My anonymity has nothing to do with this. I'm the exact same way with my real friends as I am with you - if you can't take it, I dish it harder. Maybe not the nicest thing to do, but you need to learn to take it eventually. You can't go through life putting people on ignore - one with your life experience should know this by now, yeah?

Quote:
Even more apparent is the complete lack of anything but hate towards me. I've given the respect I expected in return, and as yet it isn't. What does that say about you that doesn't return it?
I still do respect you. That won't stop me from ribbing you - ever. I still consider you a good guy, just one that gets pissed off too easily.

Quote:
How do you sleep at night thinking you're superior to others because you think the ability to take public humiliation is a desireable trait?
Again, I don't think I'm superior to you at all.

That said, pretty easily.

Quote:
I try very hard to not return invective and make a point of not starting it intentionally.
You do?

Quote:
I make mistakes. But making mistakes isn't acceptable either. Is it?
Not while there's an Edit button.

In case you still can't take sarcasm: it is, but making extremely rude ones in retaliation against harmless jokes that don't bother anyone else is a bit extreme.

Quote:
So, you superior people, sleep soundly at night thinking that you lead a meaningful and soulful life. That kind of trick I can't swallow my gorge easily enough to learn. I've made it a point to receive the respect I want by giving it. It isn't returned because I make it also a point to not humiliate, which maybe 3 other people here also do.
Again, not superior. If only this were an active conversation.

You can't - cannot - claim the high horse when you're calling people gay, butt-hurt, arrogant little children. You can't consider that showing respect in hopes of earning it back, because that's bullshit. If you're after our respect at this point, man, you're gonna have to follow through with what you say. Pathetic insults in reply to harmless jibes aren't gonna cut it, and I hope that you eventually realize that.

I am not at all "out to get you." I don't even dislike you. I just think you need to sit back, relax, and stop letting what some "children" on the internet say bunch up your panties. Your angry replies aren't going to make things any better for you.

Quote:
I guess in a nutshell I'm sick of kids being on the internet. So, you "superior children", when life hits you with these lessons I've faced, I will still be the bigger man and give you respect and help.
Still? You're not the bigger man now, you're just the one taking the most offense. You're the one lashing out against the "children" in one of the more infatile series of tirades I've ever seen. You're not somehow better just because you don't "strike first." Especially when you're the only one involved that means what he says.

P.S.: Innoc, every word of this applies to you as well.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
o_jeff the god of biscuits

Stop thinking too much

Old 01-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
o_skanky butterpuss

contrary to what you may believe, there are people here that would offer some advice or even just lend an ear to whatever youre going through. ive seen quite a few threads asking for help on some serious personal matters that have spawned a plethora of good advice from some unlikely members. maturity begets maturity.

but, when you begin flying off the handle at random posters that make simple little jokes that arent even personal attacks (i.e. "quit brooding, dude"), i dont feel as if you are showing enough respect or maturity to be treated with such. i speak for myself and no one else here, though i am thinking that there are others who agree. maturity begets maturity, yes. but it works the other way too.

in all honesty, post a thread about whats going on in your life that is bothering you so much and i guarantee there will be people that help you out, without demanding any sort of apology or rubbing it in your face or anything. at least i know im one of them.

but, flame people for no reason and lose your temper and i guarantee that there will be people that will egg you on because of it. im one of them too.

at any rate, good luck with what youre going through, and hopefully this can shed a different perspective on it.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #11
o_uber

Did you just try to impose your superiority complex whilst acting as if we were the ones who thought we were superior? Bravo.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
"[random Chuck Norris fact]"
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
TOP 10 CHUCK NORRIS FACTS
HOW ARE THEY RANDOM IF THEY'RE THE TOP TEN, QWERTY.

GET WITH IT PLEASE.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #13
o_lithium

I blame all the yellow llamas for this , it's the only plausible answer.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 AM   #14
o_qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
HOW ARE THEY RANDOM IF THEY'RE THE TOP TEN, QWERTY.

GET WITH IT PLEASE.
I randomly chose the top 10.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #15
o_yomamashouse

Anyone got any Plankton jokes?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I have no idea who Broodingdude is but.. attention whore much? How childish.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 AM   #17
o_yomamashouse

I thought I should ask, were the rest of you guys able to tell that I was full of shit acting like some Gays-can-be-converted loser or was it not apparent? I was pretty sure it was obvious but perhaps not.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:28 AM   #18
o_()))crayola))_>

Yeah, the rest of us know you're a dick.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 AM   #19
o_yomamashouse

Good, just wanted to make sure.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM   #20
o_theres *nothing* here

It's not unusual to encounter "superior" kids/people in real world. So I'm not sure how this is different- these people have access to the internet too. It's not like it's like the "newest thing". Personally, I wouldn't call it being superior, just arrogance.

I don't think posting that made anybody look better. But, whatever floats your boat.

You should ask 651, his homies keep it afloat for him. (:

Closed Thread