Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 04-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #41
Beetle
Beta than eva'

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidkirb
Because people are never completely satisfied with their maps. Axl had _b9 on axlfly for several years before ripping it off didn't he?
Yes, but thats different. He could have called it axlfly.bsp for final version and no one would have known it. frogger_b1 he probably just gave up.
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #42
own3r
Custom mapper

I enjoyed this map it was a good laugh, got some ideas to improve it.

LUA will allow you to disable concs being equipt I would imagine so loose the electricity which kills you if you jump from where you spawn.

Detail on the side of the cars can cause players to catch on it when pressed against the player clips, this stops the car/truck and causes you to be stuck too. Maybe disabling car collision models and just have some sort of player clip box with a non solid model inside? More fiddly but would allow you to do interesting things, you could add a ramp at the front of the car which does even more spectacular collisions for instance.

I found this quite easy with HL2DM movement and some of FF's classes will be faster so definitely increase the speed of the cars and possibly the number of cars?

Instead of being a flat map maybe you could add some interesting features like maybe a hill/park in the middle with bases either side with cars etc capture and hold the hill?
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #43
Beetle
Beta than eva'

right away, i gotta say i love how when u jump into a car it flips u up in the air

edit: the place in between the a base wall and a box you can get stuck.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #44
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
Thanks for the investigations, folks! I'm on vacation now, but when I return I'll update the map to fix the collision/trap issues. I've been thinking on a new expanded map somehow, since this map is obviously for less than 16 players.

As far as the electric wires, the place where you spawn when you load up this version is not where you spawn in the FF version - the FF version has you spawning on the two ends of the long indoor hallway, so the jumping on spawn wouldn't kill you in the FF version.

For the new version, I was thinking about the same thing, but like a crossroads with 4 team-colored gas stations. You'd have to go steal something from an enemy team's gas station and return it to yours (cash register or something). That way there is finally a 4-team map with exciting weird gameplay.

I considered the king-of-the-hill thing (which would be cool) but I think it would be hard to have all bases being able to snipe eachother and get to the hill. Of course, I could make a map arrangement like the '5' on a dice, with the middle dot being the hill island, the other 4 being base islands and boats circling the center island that whack you like the cars do. Hmmmm... thoughts?
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #45
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Thanks for the investigations, folks! I'm on vacation now, but when I return I'll update the map to fix the collision/trap issues. I've been thinking on a new expanded map somehow, since this map is obviously for less than 16 players.

As far as the electric wires, the place where you spawn when you load up this version is not where you spawn in the FF version - the FF version has you spawning on the two ends of the long indoor hallway, so the jumping on spawn wouldn't kill you in the FF version.

For the new version, I was thinking about the same thing, but like a crossroads with 4 team-colored gas stations. You'd have to go steal something from an enemy team's gas station and return it to yours (cash register or something). That way there is finally a 4-team map with exciting weird gameplay.

I considered the king-of-the-hill thing (which would be cool) but I think it would be hard to have all bases being able to snipe eachother and get to the hill. Of course, I could make a map arrangement like the '5' on a dice, with the middle dot being the hill island, the other 4 being base islands and boats circling the center island that whack you like the cars do. Hmmmm... thoughts?
Last idea is cool just loose the boats and keep the cars, water is too slow to be interesting.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #46
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
boats?
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2007, 02:52 AM   #47
Beetle
Beta than eva'

Turn the roads into 4 lane highways, meaning 4 one way and 4 the other. :P

Old 04-06-2007, 03:41 AM   #48
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Instead of making it out in the open, make it the gas station, someone has to get inside to defend it. There could be fuel islands on either side, easy enough to mirror, and a roof so rjumpers have a place to camp if they desire. That would also lessen the threat of snipers for the guys in the middle but not the incoming support.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #49
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Add some traffic noise, too. It'll feel really hectic once that's in

Old 04-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #50
Vertical
Programmer/Web Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Vertical Send a message via AIM to Vertical Send a message via MSN to Vertical Send a message via Yahoo to Vertical
Great idea, and it'll be really cool once all these suggestions are implemented. I played around for a good 45 minutes, and I noticed as it is that alot of the time I can just run strait accross (with the speed boost of course) without getting killed (or even pushed at times) and thats with not even looking and just running for it. :P I was having alot of fun with impulse 101 and throwing the timed grenades (I can't think of the real name lol, too early!!!) under cars and in front of them and such hehe and shooting rockets at the big blue truck. Good stuff
Vertical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #51
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
So I put in the new vehicle models, and the file size went from ~4 megs to ~16 farking megs, so I might just make them all FF jeeps when I can use FF models/entities.

I changed the 'hit boxes' for the cars (pun intended) so if you get hit on any frontness you are squashed, but if you touch the side it pushes you.

Anyone have any pointers for where I could look for traffic noise? I've never implemented custom ambient sounds in a map before.

I'm holding off on the 4 base map until I finish another project I'm working on.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2007, 04:42 AM   #52
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...e_Frogger.html
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #53
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
someone have this map link ?
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #54
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
http://www.filefront.com/14697537/ff_fragger.zip

didn't come with a lua
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #55
zE
Pew pew ze beams

u pown partial : P, if anyone have the lua plz post ; D

Last edited by zE; 10-11-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #56
zE
Pew pew ze beams

yo partial btw, u know where is that other version of hunted, cant find it :< the one that had a server with it like 24/7 for some months.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:50 AM   #57
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
ff_kali_hunted?

again no lua

Last edited by PartialSchism; 10-11-2009 at 04:50 AM.
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote