Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
admins

today ive spectated some euro pickups and something shouldnt happen happened during one of those.

a map was being played and 1st round ended with a low amount of captures for that specific map. the offy team which werent able to get average number of caps, started 2nd defending round with 4 engineers. which is a very disrespectful behaviour, coz the other team did what they can and put an effort.

this naturally(!) raged the other team and resulted with someone (player x) leaving the game from that team.

just because hes left due to this disrespectful behaviour, he got kicked from pickup channel by an admin who was actually one of those 4 engineers.

i dont believe it should have been that way. i think those 4 engineers were the ones that are wrong and i think the pickup admin crew desperately needs to be re-checked.

now ofc im only mentioning eu scene, but some of the most active players got banned or chose to edge away just because of MAJOR admin faults (whole DMC clan ffs), which resulted with an epic impact to the game that already was suffering from its small playerbase.

kinda worried and mad atm, sry for language
admins would be very critical when it comes to new players warming up to pickups/any organised play

definitely need more responsible and decent admins
i really dont wanna lose faith in this game, just because of these idiots :S

Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Since there were no class limits built into the game, what they did was legal. If you don't like it, simply don't play with them. I know it sounds weak, but that's about the limit of what you can do.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Shouldn't this be in the Community forum? Also, it's not like a 4 engie setup is unbeatable man, just kill the sgs and cap the flag.

I agree with Iggy, what they did was legal. Also, there are no ffpickup rules that disallow such setups.

ALSOOOO... yfni runs the euro pickup scene, not the dev team. He's responsible for the admin crew and you should be directing your problems to him.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 01-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Wow yeah sounds like a real dick thing to do but what's fair is fair. No class restrictions means just what Iggy said. Sometimes in games there are unwritten rules that most people try to abide by. But because the rules aren't set in stone, you're sol unless someone puts those rules into effect.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 01-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Sure its legal but its bad mannered. If I saw that in any competitive game I would leave. It's dumb.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
the thing is that they needed 3 caps to win. and within 30 seconds they already had the flag out if i remember correctly.. then they just gave up. Could've won even with the 4 engi def. Could've been fun if they actually tried to beat it.. but they (he) didn't even give it a chance.
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

i didnt even think about `winning`

cant u see why he left? do u really think its hard to beat 4 engies on a map like schtop? its because what they did was fcking rude!

but, whatever... this wasnt the reaction i was hoping for
excuse me
sry for wrong forum section and else

Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
yeah it was pretty stupid for the defence not to even try a regular set up and destroy yet another pickup just because they're too afraid to lose. It's sad. I play on, whether I know we're going to lose or not, cause I enjoy the game.

But to be honest I'm losing the will to care about anything.
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 01-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
glass 2.0
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Everythang
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Clan Untitled [-] / [TW]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Dear oh dear, I'll be back soon and hopefully be able to admin again. Is hardy still around?

Gonna move to a new apartment and therefore getting a proper internet connection. Hopefully the new patch will be out by then!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
yfni runs the euro pickup scene, not the dev team. He's responsible for the admin crew and you should be directing your problems to him.
why exactly is yfni running it? paying for things? running the bot? i dont exactly know why

ive heard that us got theirselves a new pickup channel.

im asking coz that might be necessary for eu as well, if the reasons to that question are lame enough. that might even save the pickup scene a little bit. ive been told that this would be a solution for dmcs to comeback by themselves, admin crew (especially headadmin) is the only thing that keeps them away from this game. they still like the game. can u imagine what would be the impact when 6 to 8 very active people keeping themselves away from a game like this(such tiny community)? plus, 2 of them are STILL in the most active admins list ffs!

i honestly need u all to know that ive never had anything personal against or for those ive mentioned in any of my posts, including dmcs who are from same nation with me, or the admins...

(consider these: ive never been in their clan which is formed by %90 same nation members and there are none of that nations(turk) players in any other clans except me and never been. plus, ive been in the same team with yfni)

i believe a pickup community desperately needs mature and decent admins to get keep things proper and fair, which is prolly something we done have at this moment.

yes, i might be doing wrong by putting this topic in beta forums but i am trying to avoid the possible rage when putting this on public forums tbh.

man im sure 10 year old tfc must still have better adminbase in their pickup channel.. otherwise it wouldnt have been lasted this long and no, ive not played it for like 2-3 years.

Last edited by raum; 01-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by raum View Post
why exactly is yfni running it? paying for things? running the bot? i dont exactly know why
You should be grateful for what he does. If he wasn't around, who'd pay for the servers or host the bots?

Why did DMC leave the scene? Was it because they were offended by some dude who lives in another part of the world? Tell your fellow turks to man the fuck up and tell them that it's just a game.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
i was in that pickup.

i tried getting my team to run 3 spies and a scout.

if my team woulda listened to me, we woulda dominated the 4 engineers.

my vote is to ban the 4 engineers for a few days...
Pickup rule states:
Things That Are Never Allowed
  • Midmap DM
  • Midmap DM is not allowed unless a flag is involved.
  • 3 warnings will be issued; if rule is still not complied to, a timed ban will result
  • Cheating
  • Using any hacking software
  • Ghosting in spectate
  • Leaving
  • Leaving the server without the admin's permission
  • Going AFK or spectating without the admin's permission
  • Ruining
  • Purposeful teamkilling
  • Actively giving up and messing around

ps. I agree, admins should be repicked.. I've said that for months now. hence the birth of #ff.invite on gamesurge. It's open to anyone, but ruiners only get 1 game to ruin, then its perma ban. if you wanna play a fun pickup and can follow the rules on www.ffpickup.com/rules come on in to #ff.invite on irc.gamesurge.net we dont care if you suck... just follow the rules, dont give up, and just have fun!

Last edited by Elmo; 01-28-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
-[*]Ruining

-[*]Actively giving up and messing around

i believe these 2 are enough for whom that are familiar to the game,
the rest are to make sure details are written

im saying all other rules might be written as an explanation of these 2.

then the decency of admins step in and as long as theyre capable of making fair desicions, things would be ok

its kind of a paradox tho, there must be more players to have more proper admins. but the ones who could have filled that spot arent playing coz there arent enough ppl to play (complaining about tiny playerbase again)

i dunno, some things arent just right. hope the new patch really makes a difference

Last edited by raum; 01-28-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

They weren't messing around or ruining the pickup, what they did was legal and you guys just have to deal with that.

Why people take this game like a fucking national sport is beyond me. Loosen up and have some fun you fucking nerds.

edit: I think this needs to be moved to the community section asap. This has nothing to do with the beta.

Last edited by moosh; 01-28-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Sorry, Moosh. I agree, and totally missed where it was originally posted. It's been a rough couple of days.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I kinda agree with raum, but we can change that as admins, so the next pickup I am admin , lame defensive tactics with more then 1 engeneer / 1 hw / 1 Demo or sniper or pyro = Ban.
Raum you are a admin too, you should do the same, Moone will do the same Propez will do the same, so maybe lets all get a consensus and start aplyng that new rule. The only admin that i know that disagree with that is moosh, but democracy sux so lets start cleaning the house for + fun games. GG

Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
yfni

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raum View Post

i.
What are you saying raum? You want me to quit? I really don't care.....I never have. Tell me who you want to be head admin?

My involvement in last 8 months is limitted to keeping tfc/ff server up and some other related crap. I played maybe 5 pickups in total. And I've said maybe 20 lines.

My policy towards admins has been for ages that whoever wants admin status gets it and if you fck up by being an idiot I will remove it.

The level of activity has absolutely nothing to do with how the channel is run.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #18
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Man I played FD pyro on siden one game and got banned from the pickup channel.

One of the reasons I don't play pickups as often as I did was because of all these "silent" rules that aren't really rules but just what other's consider is a standard code of conduct.

It makes for very boring games cause it's the same shit every game on every map.

The only reason why we usually run scout and meds on O is because they're the most effective. Everyone's used to that, so you start running a HW on O and people bitch cause they're not used to it, thus it's considered lame, and then he's raged at.

I would personally like to see all these stupid silent codes of conducts thrown out the window and just play some pickups with a free range of classes that can be played anywhere.

Obviously some choices would be just plain silly, like scout D, that wouldn't make much sense, but pyro D/O or HW O or even sniper O/D should be allowed.

But people are too stuck in their ancient ways of thinking to realize how boring pickups have truly become.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post

One of the reasons I don't play pickups as often as I did was because of all these "silent" rules that aren't really rules but just what other's consider is a standard code of conduct.

It makes for very boring games cause it's the same shit every game on every map.

The only reason why we usually run scout and meds on O is because they're the most effective. Everyone's used to that, so you start running a HW on O and people bitch cause they're not used to it, thus it's considered lame, and then he's raged at.

I would personally like to see all these stupid silent codes of conducts thrown out the window and just play some pickups with a free range of classes that can be played anywhere.

Obviously some choices would be just plain silly, like scout D, that wouldn't make much sense, but pyro D/O or HW O or even sniper O/D should be allowed.

But people are too stuck in their ancient ways of thinking to realize how boring pickups have truly become.
This is 100% true.
If we can get rid of these 'rules' and the elitism aspect, pickups might actually be a lot more interesting. Maybe even some new maps to play on as well instead of the same ones every time

Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post

Agreed. To me, if a class is available to choose from, I'm going to pick it. Now obviously I'm not going to run a scout on defense but the Pyro is a vital class in this game and if played correctly, can dominate the enemy offense.

Why not just make a class restriction limit based on the type of match?

2v2 - No Engis/Pyros/
4v4 - 1 Engi/1 Pyro/
9v9 - 2 Engis/2 Pyros

And same for whatever other classes are available.

Then, we wouldn't EVER need to have a topic like this again. Specify in your "RULES" that a specific class or quantity of that class is allowed or disallowed or some people will be confused and even more people will abuse.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Closed Thread