Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 05-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Xmen 3 ITT (Warning...might be spoilers)

Little background first. I pretty much grew up reading the Xmen and all the offshoot comics that followed. I stopped reading probably 15 years ago or so. I did very much enjoy what I read and all the different storylines. Ok, enough history...

After watching the third movie this last weekend I find myself feeling like the movies storylines compared to the comics is like receiving a letter from someone that was composed by cutting individual letters out of a newspaper and taping them to binder paper. I did enjoy the movie but I do find myself getting annoyed with the difference in how they treat characters and their relative ages as well as snippets of storylines here and there.

Anyone know what I am talking about?
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
o_puppychow

innoc, you're smart enough to answer your own question...

you know that movies are dumbed down for a wide audience, cmon now...

slap slap
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
o_dr zauis

exactly. I know the whole universe forward and back. Know about all the characters and storylines/timelines. (yea yea, im a nerd wtfever)

As a movie series, ok its a good series. My gf liked the series a lot and she knows nothing about the xmen comics/tv show. I feel that since the TV show had focused on the Days of Futures Past timeline/Pheonix storyline, that the movie would veer away from that line. Oh well they didnt. Your right about cutting and pasting, which is sooooo gay, they mixed story lines such as Pheonix(not really only the Pheonix name was intact) Her powers were not those of the comic and the Pheonix is its own entity, not her split personality....stupid.

The movie series had annoyed me from the beginning, with the way they treated certain characters such as Rogue, as in introducing her instead of some1 like Beast, Angel, Iceman (all of whom are the original Xmen who were not major characters if characters at all) I mean seriously how do you introduce one of the crappiest characters in the series, without introducing some of the best. Yes i consider Rogue crap without her stolen powers (ms marvels power)

SPOILERS BELOW THIS LINE ---------------------------------

The third movie felt way too rushed, Angel has 4 scenes, almost completely worthless. The fight that seemed it was going to rock (pyro vs iceman) was the most anti-climactic battle in the history of climatic battles. People that NEVER lost their powers in the ENTIRE series LOST their powers....stupid. And although i LOVED Juggernaut's one line "Do you knoiw who i am? Im the Juggernaut BITCH!" <---- due to this link here http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15862 BUT and this is a big BUT, they made NO reference to him being Xaviers brother....stupid. They killed Psylocke after giving her ONE line in the movie.....stupid. Killed Cyclops 5 mins into the movie.....stupid, i think he died twice in the series and niether time was it Jean that did it. Nightcrawler not being in it again......stupid. Iceman not using ice slide.....stupid. Having Sunspot in it for 5 seconds if that.....stupid. Taking Mystique and Magnetos powers away.....stupid. Those are just the things i can think of off hand....oh yeah, Colosuss' metal skin looked AWFUL compared to the way he looked in 2! UGH! But im not bitter!

Anyhow i give it 3 out of 5 *'s its worth a view, not much more.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The movie was not what I would of expected to be. I expected far more from the movie but as the movie went on I got disappointed several times. First Scott Dies, Second Night Crawler never appears in the movie (WTF?), third Xavier dies, fourth, Rouge lost her powers, Fifth Magneto looses his powers but he gets them back in the end?, sixth Mystique lost her powers but I must add that she did look hot with out her powers, seventh, Ice man and Pyro fight suck, eighth Jean dies. It was a good movie but just way too many disappointments and felt way too rush. Now for some questions

Xavier comes back in the end of the credits? But how? This means that everyone that was killed off by Jean is still alive somehow?

How the hell did Magneto get his powers back?

Where the hell was NightCrawler?

Gambit?
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
o_ghost

NightCrawler wasn't in it cause the actor playing him didn't want to go through the process of doing the makeup for the movie (supposedly).
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 AM   #6
o_binarylife

The movie itself was just made poorly.

Compare it to the first two films. While they didn't follow the same story lines they were still very good. The second film being my favorite of the series was very intense and quite good. While the third looked like they rushed through it.

Hugh Jackman and Ian mcKellan were the only ones trying in the whole thing. The script itself was just not good. I don't want to say the movie was horrible, but it certainly wasn't a good movie. I didn't care when any of the characters died, because they didn't perform or write their deaths well.

I'm just overall dissapointed I guess.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Juggernaut's powers magical/artificial and not mutant. The darts should have had zero affect on him had he been hit. Also, Leech shouldn't have been able to affect Juggernaut.

:shrug:

Second Hugh and Ian's performances...they were good as always.

BTW, I think they hinted at the cure being only temporary at the end of the movie when Magneto was able to influence the chess piece...btw...anyone lpaying chess with metal pieces? Most I've seen were either resin, plastic or Ebony and Ivory.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
o_bubbles

The movie was just too short for all its characters and shiz.
ps. Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut bitch!
o_bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
The movie was just too short for all its characters and shiz.
ps. Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut bitch!
"Who's hiding D!CKHEAD?!?!"

Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
o_cudweiser

What about what everybody did like?? Don't get me wrong, I'm just as pissed as ya'll about everything thats already been mentioned. But, I did like seeing the Sentinel's head, even though it was in the danger room, and even though we didn't get to see the ice slide, it was cool as shit to finally see iceman turn completely into ice.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
o_geokill----->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
I did like seeing the Sentinel's head, even though it was in the danger room,
Yeah when I saw the head being cut off I said out loud, holy shit and I though it was real and then they show that it was a simulation and I said, awww out loud

Old 06-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
What about what everybody did like?? Don't get me wrong, I'm just as pissed as ya'll about everything thats already been mentioned. But, I did like seeing the Sentinel's head, even though it was in the danger room, and even though we didn't get to see the ice slide, it was cool as shit to finally see iceman turn completely into ice.
All of those were cool. I also liked the verbal banter in the movie...more comic-like. The exchange between Shadowcat and Juggernaut was also funny. I liked the verbal banter between McCoy and Logan as well. I also liked the manifestation of Magneto's Power with moving the bridge....though for him to struggle I thought was silly....hello? Asteroid M anyone?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #13
o_jefferino

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->

Xavier comes back in the end of the credits? But how? This means that everyone that was killed off by Jean is still alive somehow?
Remember when Xavier was talking to his students about the guy who had no brain and what if someone were to put like a 40 year old man with no kids and terminal cancer or something like that. Xavier used his powers to like move his brain into that guy he was talking about. That's why the lady was so showcked to hear the guy tlak because he was suppose to be a veggie.

Also I never read the comics ever, but I knew they had messed some things around with the movie. Like if you're going to make a movie at least have it somewhat closely tied to the comic book like Spiderman. They went too fart on some stuff.
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #14
o_geokill----->

Oh thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.

Things I like is how Magneto began forming his army and also how he was one step away from the military and Mystique when they use Multimen as a decoy.

I dislike Mystique loosing her powers but she did look hot.

Pyro having his fuel to control the fire

The way the Beast fought, so classic

Old 06-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #15
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Oh thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.

Things I like is how Magneto began forming his army and also how he was one step away from the military and Mystique when they use Multimen as a decoy.

I dislike Mystique loosing her powers but she did look hot.

Pyro having his fuel to control the fire

The way the Beast fought, so classic
I don't think the power loss is permanent and I think Mystique will be back soon enough. If you saw Magneto moving the chess piece at the end I think we're going to find that the affect is temporary. Personally I think this BS plot element is the screen writers way to give a nod to Genosha.

For most of the movie I thought that Pyro had figured out how to autoignite without an external flame source. That's not the case. At the end, when he was fighting Iceman, you see a flash of an igniter (piezo device probably) that was was using to give him what he needed....that was also one of the first things Iceman nailed when he gave Pyro the cold shot at the end of the battle.

Totally agree on Beast...that is classic Hank McCoy all the way!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:23 AM   #16
o_yomamashouse

Wait, there were power draining darts? That is just as stupid as Spiderman losing his powers in the 2nd movie because.... HE DIDNT BELIEVE IN HIMSELF!!
boo-fucking-hoo i cant believe someone could imagine that in their head and think "whoa that is a great idea".
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #17
o_geokill----->

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
I don't think the power loss is permanent and I think Mystique will be back soon enough. If you saw Magneto moving the chess piece at the end I think we're going to find that the affect is temporary. Personally I think this BS plot element is the screen writers way to give a nod to Genosha.
Yeah I understood they will get their powers back but still it killed off Mystique through out the rest of the movie except the part were she exposes magneto's location.

Quote:
For most of the movie I thought that Pyro had figured out how to autoignite without an external flame source. That's not the case. At the end, when he was fighting Iceman, you see a flash of an igniter (piezo device probably) that was was using to give him what he needed....that was also one of the first things Iceman nailed when he gave Pyro the cold shot at the end of the battle.
Yeah same here, I did not notice it as well until he fought Iceman. He didn't make it obvious trough out the movie until he fought Iceman

Quote:
Totally agree on Beast...that is classic Hank McCoy all the way!
It was so classic, with the jumping, using his fist to run faster, the way he threw his enemies. He fought like a true beast. So Classic.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:40 AM   #18
o_dr zauis

Just to let you know, Spiderman didnt lose his powers because he didnt beleive, he lost them becasue he is changing into something different, which i so hope those movies follow the evolution of spiderman, turning into man-spider and the like. BTW anyone reading the new marvel comics about the Civil War? Spiderman is so great now.

Yes the great parts of the movie were definatley Wolvie, Magneto, Mystique(post cure), Beast by far was the best, he was the most well done thing in the whole film. I also liked how they referenced him being an XMan back in the day, with the old suit and all.

Also i took Mystiques ruse of the govt as a sign that she was still with magneto, because it just seemed way to setup in the end with multipleman being there and all.

I had noticed Pyros lighters when they were talking to the Morlocks. When he puts his hands up to Callisto, btw....pyro was NEVER a strong mutant, he was weak as shit all throughout the XMen series, and when Callisto says he would be a LvL 3 mutant(which btw reminds me of Midiclorians from SW) i laughed out loud in the thearter.

And yes Jugg shoudl not have been effected by Leech, and why leech didnt look like a lizard boiy ius beyond me.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #19
o_bubbles

I think Angel was not featured well enough in the film. He had a disturbing introduction in the movie him trying to cut off his wings and when he jumped through the window, but after that he didn't really get to do anything except save his daddeh.
o_bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #20
mirvin_monkey
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
I watched the movie yesterday and I thought it was quite entertaining. Although possibly only because I think Magneto is very cool.

I've never read the comics before, how does a character die twice (as somebody mentioned eitvt (earlier in this very thread)?
mirvin_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote