Old 06-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Fable III

So, how many of you have tried out Fable III?

I finished it about two days ago, took me about 12 hours or so to finish, doing many side quests inbetween the main story and having two wives and 3 children. So I didn't only do the main quest, I enjoyed exploring the map.

I rarely check out tutorials and I just managed to resist the urge early on when I was finding it hard to make gold, but I started early buying property and renting it out, and the money slowly started coming in, and nearing the end I owned all of the propery and shops and I had 10+ million on hand, making certain aspects of the game not very challenging.

I found the combat to be quite enjoyable which is becoming rare in a lot of RPG's, to do well you really need to mix things up against groups of enemies, using melee, magic then rolling away and pulling out your firearm to blast some of them back,
I found myself on the verge of dying at some points but I always managed to kill them all, which was quite satisfying.

It was nice to be able to completely customize your character, gave myself long hair, a goatee, and mixed up my costumes and dyed them different colours and such, I like customizable things in games and Fable III lets you really tailor things to yourself, down to choosing wallpaper and furniture in your properties which can improve its value.

I highly recommend people check out Fable III, it's a really solid RPG third person game.

Here is a screenshot of my character, just holding my hammer.

FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Icculus
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I bought it and have been trying (and somewhat failing) to get into it. I don't really like the fact that there's no inventory to speak of, no health or mana bars and no skill/stat customization. Combat also seems to be very dumbed down (unless there's a way to turn off auto aim that I haven't seen yet).

Also the game moves at too fast a pace. Like you said, you finished it in 12 hours and that's with doing alot of side quests and probably quite a few relationship quests too.

One of the things I do like about it is that it's fable so you know there's alot of humorous dialogue and poking fun at the stereotypical hero. Not to mention some uncomfortable scenes (tickling a guy for instance just feels kind of creepy and petting your dog looks a bit too.. umm.. not sure what the word is.. sensual?).

I'll keep at it though and probably eventually finish it.

EDIT:
in 12 hours did you manage to find all the keys/gnomes?

Last edited by Icculus; 06-22-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
I bought it and have been trying (and somewhat failing) to get into it. I don't really like the fact that there's no inventory to speak of, no health or mana bars and no skill/stat customization. Combat also seems to be very dumbed down (unless there's a way to turn off auto aim that I haven't seen yet).

Also the game moves at too fast a pace. Like you said, you finished it in 12 hours and that's with doing alot of side quests and probably quite a few relationship quests too.

One of the things I do like about it is that it's fable so you know there's alot of humorous dialogue and poking fun at the stereotypical hero. Not to mention some uncomfortable scenes (tickling a guy for instance just feels kind of creepy and petting your dog looks a bit too.. umm.. not sure what the word is.. sensual?).

I'll keep at it though and probably eventually finish it.

EDIT:
in 12 hours did you manage to find all the keys/gnomes?
Now that you mention those points, I do miss those things, an Inventory would be nice because I had collected incredible amounts of things, but you can check out almost all of your stuff at a pawnbrokers or in the Sanctuary.

And I enjoy complexity, so it would have been nice to have skill/stat customization, other than buying upgrades in the Road to Rule.

And although I don't think you can turn off Auto Aim (never checked), you can manually aim in first person, which could pose more of a challenge if you dedicate yourself to using it, obviously it needs to be used to kill the gnomes as you know.

And some of the dialogue was quite amusing, if someone didn't like me it was funny to take their face, put it to my ass and start farting for about 15 seconds xD

Although I did quite a lot in Fable III, I didn't get anywhere near getting all of the keys, I ended the game with about 15 Silver Keys and 1 gold key... some keys I couldn't figure out how to get to them.. and I was usually pre-occupied doing quests when I seen one in the distance.

And with the Gnomes, I tracked down about 24 of them, I didn't go out searching for them specifically, but when I was doing quests and exploring and I heard one insult me I did get out my rifle and look around in first person to find it stuck to a tree, wall or something, so I was more drive-by killing the gnomes.

The story is quite good, and once you get into the main quest, I found it hard to motivate myself to do side quests nearing the end (because it was so good), so I probably prematurely completed the main quest, and sadly I find with me and games, that once I complete the main objective of the game, I tend to lose interest in the game :/, happened with Fallout 3, other games and Fable III, because it lets you continue in the game, to do side quests and whatever.. but since finishing, I've only been on it once to take that screenshot.

But that's just me, so I will never collect all of the keys and gnomes sadly

EDIT: To be honest, if someone really wanted to power through the game (and finish it to a reasonable level), it could probably be finished in 6 - 8 hours.

Last edited by FreaK367; 06-22-2011 at 08:40 PM.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote