Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
o_digital_ghost

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
lol, yea returner chill out man, and dont be so serious. Its about killing and having fun once ya get down to it. I mean i go through plenty of things on servers that you complained about, spaming chasing, etc. I dont growl about it, i just have fun with it, and just learn to work around it and take them out before they get me,lol. Dont be so serious and hostile :P

Quote:
u could just get better at the game so u can pwn then relentlessly when they come after u
Couldn't of been said any better!
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
lol, yea returner chill out man, and dont be so serious. Its about killing and having fun once ya get down to it. I mean i go through plenty of things on servers that you complained about, spaming chasing, etc. I dont growl about it, i just have fun with it, and just learn to work around it and take them out before they get me,lol. Dont be so serious and hostile :P
What if my definition of fun is using cheats and crashing servers? If people had a problem with it, I could simply tell them to chill out and stop taking things so seriously.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
o_digital_ghost

well if ya consider crashing servers and cheating...thats a huge diff from someone "chasing or spaming" you. Pretty far fetched comparison. We been the ones being more supportive here, giving you server IPs, and advising ways of dealing with things ppl in the game you have trouble killing or whatever..while you 're the one who started this thread being unsupportive of the TFC community thinking its dead. When in actuality it still has quite a bit of life to it. :P

Old 02-04-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
o_returner

Quote:
well if ya consider crashing servers and cheating...thats a huge diff from someone "chasing or spaming" you. Pretty far fetched comparison. We been the ones being more supportive here, giving you server IPs--
And I've tried to tell people - in vain - that I don't play on servers with a latency of 200-500 ms.

Quote:
--and advising ways of dealing with things ppl in the game you have trouble killing or whatever..while you 're the one who started this thread being unsupportive of the TFC community thinking its dead. When in actuality it still has quite a bit of life to it. :P
You're saying that I should support a community of deathmaching, chasing, respawn camping newbies? And for the love of God, I don't need gameplay advice. I've played TF since 1997 - I think I know how to kill people.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:40 AM   #5
o_digital_ghost

then i guess it should be easy to kill chasers and campers right? lol prob solved. And actully 2 IPs i provided are normally between 50-100 ms. or at least from my location anyway

ps - Sorry if any of this is working you up or irritating you, i'm not meaning or trying to piss ya off any. We all have our styles and ways we like to kill, noone says we have to like someone elses. No hard feelings dude

Old 02-04-2005, 06:19 AM   #6
o_bwnzor_the_pwnz0r

I havent read this thread. all i will say is that i am sun shark and chichi di not beat me his is liar. in regards to tfc. tfc is not dead- at least in my h0Od. when ff comes there will be a resurgance to the m4x.. so stay chuned all newbzars and vetz alike
o_bwnzor_the_pwnz0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #7
o_returner

Quote:
And actully 2 IPs i provided are normally between 50-100 ms. or at least from my location anyway
Yes, well here's the problem: you are in Canada, while I'm on the other side of the planet.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
o_thedarkone

Finland isn't that far from Canada compared to the land of Aus.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
o_lastshooter

tfc dead

I find that the wide acceptence of bhop scripts is a big factor in the decline of TFC. While the bhop is certainly an aquired skill and should be allowed, the bhop script, imho is not.
The new players naturly lean towards D play, encounter O using scripts and give up, can't blame them.
Either make bhop scripts into the game, where all players use it, or not at all.
Just my 2 cents worth...
o_lastshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #10
o_silver

if u have such a problem with the game returner, y r u here?
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
if u have such a problem with the game returner, y r u here?
First of all, the FF team is developing FF, not TFC. Second, me having problems with the current situation of TFC has absolutely nothing to do with me being here.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 PM   #12
o_silver

its just u have the sound of someone who has lost hope, and i'm fairly certain that no matter what there will still be all those things that u have a stated hatred for
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #13
o_hardcastle

Bunnyhopping at tfc can be done without multiple jumps (scripts / using mousewheel to jump), too if you got proper timing - and are lucky a bit since the qw engine was sort of crippled at tfc speaking of the time window when you land / have to jump again. I'm tired of ppl moaning about others using scripts for it, it's just like binding a key (binding mousewheel to another button for multiple jumps...).

After all the consideration should be about FF - Bunnyhopping is a must for tf gameplay, since the gameplay has to be fast to create the 'tf-feeling'. If the new engine really requires multiple jumps (doubt it) to allow bunnyhopping, there should be proper workarounds (no / as few as possible wait-commands) for the less gifted scripters. I'm not talking about an extra key there, using the usual jump button should allow bunnyhopping with proper timing.
o_hardcastle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #14
o_lastshooter

bhop

I play TFC against peeps that use bhop scripts, not whining,only saying what contributed to the "decline" of TFC. Myself, I bhop with out a script, takes work, but if the field of play is supposed to be even, then somehow a bhop script should be incorperated into the game, or not allowed at all...
o_lastshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 08:09 AM   #15
o_kungfujv

...hmm...i dont know i've encountered those types of respawn campers and the likes a lot. it doesnt bother me at all that much.. i mean granted the gay medics that sit outside respawn waiting for u to come out and the infect you is annoying. as is the fact of spys secondary grenading spawns. i mean when it happens i just kill them..and then problem solved...granted he'll come back for you and you will be infected but just run out and kill people until you die and then respawn and repeat. or there will always be a lapse where he wont be outside yoru respawn door. start defending and dont let him near your respawn doors.. that always worked for me. but i play demoman so its ezier to prevent people to get to places when they dont notice the green things under their feet...

but i have to admit..ive been playing tfc for a while and i still do some of htose things.. somedays u just get tired of the constant focus and you just break down and have fun by running around pointlessly doing shit. and i have hunted snipers down a few times .. mainly cuz they are annoying lil bitches that kill if you unless you conc ur way over there. but i pay them back with a newbized infect and run
o_kungfujv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #16
o_merovingian

Until recently, when I've been getting this bug to play TFC again (it happens every year or so for a month or two), I've never heard of this term "chasing", and I've never had it defined for me.

Quote:
You (blue) are leaving the base to attack the enemy (red). A red player is doing the same thing, and you meet in front of your base. Instead of taking a shot at you and moving on, the red player starts to chase you, and you end up deathmatching in the middle of the map. Or maybe you just run to the red base, and the red attacker follows you there.
And you consider this behavior... bad? It's like saying that it's bad to "camp" in your base.

My default mode of thought is defense. We can't lose if the enemy doesn't cap, right? As such, if I see someone going in my base, I treat it like they're going after my flag. I do not submit to the notion that an enemy has any specific right to enter my base for any reason, and if I see someone do so, one of us is going to have to die.

Granted, I only engage like this if I have some reasonable chance of doing something of value. If I'm a Scout and I pass a HWG (who, for whatever reason, doesn't frag me immediately), I'm not going to bother engaging him at all. If I'm a HWG and the other guy is anything faster than a HWG, there's clearly no point in doing anything more than taking a few shots at him, as I'll never catch him.

Basically, unless I feel that my base defense is secure, I treat all incoming enemies as a full-scale attack that must be dealt with in a quick and brutal fashion.

Quote:
You're defending the base. A red attacker comes in, and you kill him. Repeatedly. It's very likely that he'll snap and start attacking you exclusively. He'll make it his mission to kill you. If you flee, he'll run after you (even if it means getting shredded to pieces by sentryguns - he doesn't care). If he has the flag, there's still a good chance that he'll stay to deathmatch you. BEWARE: if you're a sniper, he'll be tormenting you for the rest of the game. At worst, he'll become a sniper himself so he can have a pissing contest.
I've only ever had one vendetta. It was against a guy who had be booted from Valve's DustBowl server by lying about me cheating (I don't even know how to cheat). The odd thing was, he was on my team, and I was doing a pretty good job of holding off the enemy. So, whenever I saw him, I tended to feel a bit more focused about killing him than other people. Though I never let it affect my work; the only thing worse than him still living would be his team capping because I wasn't doing my job.

However, I did have times where I felt the need to engage in a sniper war. Good snipers on the Well can mean the difference between free movement to the enemy and being forced to take the sewer route. I'd been sniped a bunch, so I decided to try to fight fire with fire. However, it was as much for the team as it was to deal with the guy sniping me.

Quote:
1 or 2: the enemy chases you all the way to your respawn, even though he isn't supposed to do that and he'll be killed by the turrets. Medics do this all the time. Medics are probably the worst chasers.
I consider going into the respawn to be stupid (as you tend to be guarenteed a quick and bloody death). In general, if I "chase" someone because they're going after my flag, if they turn around and run back to their base, I'm not going to "follow" them. However, since I was trying to make a flag run anyway, I'm probably going to look like I'm following them, since we're both going to the same place (unless I took too much damage to continue the run. Then we call it a draw). Plus, since he's still right in front of me, killing him seems like a pretty reasonable thing to do. He is on the other team, after all.
o_merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #17
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian
And you consider this behavior... bad? It's like saying that it's bad to "camp" in your base.
If you're going to attack, then attack. If you are going to defend, then defend. Running into the enemy base and then chasing enemy attackers back into your base is neither offense or defense. It's deathmatch.

Quote:
My default mode of thought is defense. We can't lose if the enemy doesn't cap, right? As such, if I see someone going in my base, I treat it like they're going after my flag. I do not submit to the notion that an enemy has any specific right to enter my base for any reason, and if I see someone do so, one of us is going to have to die.
Then you'll never capture a flag. If you win the encounter, you'll probably reach the enemy base with depleted ammo, armour, health and maybe grenades. Assuming that you won't run into a second attacker. And what does it matter if some enemy attacker gets into your base? The defenders will handle him.

Old 02-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #18
o_-=[fico]=-

TFC is hardly dead - Ive been on 4 different servers this morning, no bots about and no lamers from what I could tell :P

Although TFC is dying, I think games like FF will breath life back into the game and make it much more enjoyable once again
o_-=[fico]=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #19
o_kungfujv

sounds to me like you need a nice dosage of clan matchage returner.
o_kungfujv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #20
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJV
sounds to me like you need a nice dosage of clan matchage returner.
I don't play in clans.