Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
like 2fort. it would be a 5v5 also.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #82
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
Indeed, it does look nice but I have one concern, and that is the fact that it is very small and very tight.
That's because you only see the respawn, 2 corridors and 1/3 of the flagroom for now. It's gonna be a little bigger than 2fort in the end imo. I wish someone else would jump on this project like I did. It could go real fast if 4-5 not so bad ppl would take turns at working on it.

This is supposed to be a community project, not a sugii+sh4x project.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #83
o_ambex

hey keep up this great work looks like you guys does your best as i see it. Wow looks awsome for a community based map. I wish you all the best to go and finnish with this map.

I hopes this map will learn the n00bs how to do "real" maps for FF.

and lol don't let darkness (the guy who made that awsume boxmap get his hands on this masterpiece)

GJ
o_ambex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #84
o_sugii

sh4x, wow... just, wow.

Your rendition of the layout is pretty much what I have in mind, no everything, but damn good.
BAH!! *opens photoshop*

Also:
1. Do you think it's a good idea to keep the windows in the respawn room?
2. I was thinking that having the security room on the bottom level and have the flag in the room to replace it.
3. How do you want to make so if the person drops through the secuity hole he wold not sustain any fall damage?
4. A water entrance for the base, and a water route between the bases.
o_sugii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #85
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugii
1. Do you think it's a good idea to keep the windows in the respawn room?
2. I was thinking that having the security room on the bottom level would make it a little more challanging.
3. How do you want to make so if the person drops through the secuity hole he wold not sustain any fall damage?
4. A water entrance for the base, and a water route between the bases.
1. Yes for sure! They don't cause any problem and they're original. You're gonna be able to see the yard and the upper entrances from the respawn which is great and it adds a tactical element. Communication between the guy that respawns and the D. It's also letting light in which is always a good thing. fuck everything that's Quake-like.

2. You're right, security on bottom and generator at the top is a much better idea. It's gonna force ppl to go bottom a little more. With the security at the top, it's too easy to conc up there, touch sec and drop on flag.

3. I thought the ground could be a displacement and have spots of water under the hole, kinda like what you have in Aztec on cs:s. If you wanna drop in a water spot to save on health and risk a rocket waiting for you that's a choice, or you could fake the water and take some damage from the fall and get out with the flag. Another tactical point. Minor but still.

4. Completely forgot about the water entrance... of course it needs a water entrance I'm not sure where it should be yet but I think it's gonna define itself later on depending on how the rest of the base turns out.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #86
o_sugii

So here is what I have changed so far...

Security Hole Room:

Flagroom:

Dark I know.

The two doors in the security hole room with lead to either elevators, or one will lead to an elevator and the other will lead to the security room.

The flagroom is small, I know and it will reamain this way utill more things are worked out.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #87
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
It looks a bit squat inside, but otherwise excellent. The view from outside is fantastic.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #88
o_tennovan

I'd work on it but I'm tied down with a web project I got hired for. Maybe a bit later I can pick up where you guys left off. Right now, I'm a tad bit confused on how the layout is supposed to work but if I have time later in the year, I will go back and reread things in depth.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2005, 05:00 AM   #89
o_sobe green

Just checking up, is the webhosting still working out?
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #90
o_sh4x

I guess so. I dunno if sugii's still workin.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #91
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Hey this is actually looking quite cool, good luck guys.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2005, 12:12 AM   #92
o_sugii

Hey guys, just an update from me. I just changed to full time at a pet store so I wont be on as much as I used to. But I am still working on the map, its just going to slow down a lot from my end.

But I have, however, started on the lower part of the base and the security room plus a generator room.

Thats all folks.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #93
o_sugii

Hmmmm....

Say I make it so the generator can be blown up by a detpack, would it be possible to make it so an enginner can repair the generator? Just a shot in the dark here...

Old 11-15-2005, 04:51 AM   #94
o_sh4x

Quote:
Hmmmm....

Say I make it so the generator can be blown up by a detpack, would it be possible to make it so an enginner can repair the generator? Just a shot in the dark here...
Ya off course it's gonna be possible. It's already done in TFC.

btw I'd like to see the progress even if it's tinny. send the vmf at yannricher@yahoo.fr if you want. maybe I can give ideas and comment on the direction your taking during the elaboration of the lower level. Sometimes it's better to have opinions before building too much.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #95
o_sobe green

Quote:
Hmmmm....

I'd think so. There has been talk that we'll be able to do things like this along with possible "map specific" teleporters or maybe a turret or something. I wouldn't give up on that idea just yet.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #96
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Yes that will be possible sugii.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #97
o_fil

Wow... awesome project.

I really like the concept to create a community map out of my thoughts. I'm really impressed. If there is something i can do for you guys let me now, i could maybe help out with some new ideas or comments. Keep on working - you did very well so far

Somewhere i have some sketches i did before i created this map idea in lego. Maybe i can scann and upload them, but i think the concept of the map is clear now :P

very very nice
o_fil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2005, 07:32 PM   #98
o_sugii

UPDATE

I found some time to work on the map some so here is what I've done today:
WARNING: UGLY FULLBRIGHT PICTURES!

Lower level of the base. From left to right: entrance to elevator room, entrance to generator room, entrance to security room.

From left to right: entrance to security room, respawn/resupply, entrance from ramp room.

Right now I'm just making a general layout for the base before I go back and make everything look/play better.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #99
o_ambex

sorry but this map looks scary now without the lighting.

it looks out of colour..
o_ambex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #100
o_sugii

I know I know