Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Resistance and Liberation

Crashes, but a pretty awesome game for a source mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/resistance-liberation

Old 02-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #2
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Might have to check that out. I'm a whore for WW2 shooters.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
Damn, it's out??

I'll have to pick it up later today.
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
Hey, I'm on that mod team! Check out my 30cal if you play.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
this looks nice, ill have to check it out.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, I'm on that mod team! Check out my 30cal if you play.
You made the 30 cal? Very nice, good model. Not a fan of the gun itself, but I'm more of a rifle kinda guy.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #7
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I only played on one server (the only available server) for about twenty minutes. It was a night map, and I kept getting shot in the face from down the road. Nonetheless, it was fun. These are my compliments and complaints. I realize the game is still in early stages:

1. NO general hud. Only a visual indicator of your belt, which shows your magazine count and grenade count. Primary magazines on the left, secondary magazines on the right.
  2. Reloading or cycling the bolt actually wastes ammunition. You have no choice but to spend entire magazines or you discard the ammunition available in the current magazine during reload or lose a round if you cycle the bolt without the need to. No kill, reload, kill, reload bullshit.
  3. Great sounds and intimidation factor; actual suppression to turn the most battle hardened rambo into a cowering pussy. I was running down the road ducking occasionally into cover, unable to see ahead of me because of both lack of light (night) and the thick fog. I figured it would be easy. Just zig zag across the road, hide in the store entrances, and work up. That was before I heard a machine gun and saw tracers spew from the fog in front of me. I didn't go any farther. The suppression made it easier for the other team to work their way up.
  4. Grenade priming mechanics. For the 'potato masher' German grenade, you hold mouse1 once to pull the safety cord out. Then, you press and hold mouse1 once more to pull the grenade back. Releasing throws the grenade. For the 'pineapple' American grenade, the first mouse1 hold removes the pin. The second mouse1 hold releases the safety lever with an audible "ping" and pulls back for the throw, which is done when you release m1.
  5. Firefights are intense. You don't run out. You play it cool. In an area you can traverse in a few seconds without pressure, you can spend ten-twenty minutes there trying to outsmart your enemy, preserve yourself and your team, and hold them back or push them back.
  6. No mini map! You have to use the m key to bring up a map, which temporarily puts your weapon out of service (it's a map you hold in your hands) until you lower it. This map shows you captured points and directional arrows in and out of other points. I'm not going to write a dislike for this, but I don't like the fact that you can see where your team mates are on the map, which is supposed to be a realistic paper map. You should have to rely on listening to the gun fire and following it, whether it leads you to your team or the enemy.

Dislikes
  1. Grenades, when thrown, do not go very far. Perhaps I do not know how to 'charge' my throw or something, but no matter the elevation of my throw, the grenade always landed a few feet in front of me. Once, I threw one and it bounced infront of me, and I ended up running back for cover and getting shot in the back.
  2. The 'floating' sensation feels really stupid. Essentially, when you move the mouse in any direction, before you actually start looking around, your gun will move in the direction you move your mouse. Only when it reaches the edge of the screen (not that far, but there's a spot where it actually starts moving your vision) then it turns you around or makes you look up or whatever.
  3. You have three view modes, which are cycled through with the mouse wheel by default. You have your standard 'hip shooting' mode. A mode where you hold the gun up to sight but don't look down the sights, and finally the iron sights mode. Scrolling through these perspectives feels odd. Each viewing position should be an individual bind. I don't want to scroll-wheel to the iron sights.
  4. Guns are not accurate. Even with iron sights up, I was missing enemy soldiers with the Kar from across the street. I wasted an entire clip of ammunition trying to hit one guy and ended up getting shot from the side by his team mate.
  5. The recoil is insane. When you fire the thompson or mp10 with the iron sights up, hell, with any sight up, the guns flail all over the fucking place. Even with single shots, the gun snaps back and repositions my aim like a billion miles above the target.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote