Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Hacking and/or the distribution of hacks is not tolerated by #ff.pickup. That should be obvious. If it wasn't, it should be now.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #82
hadez
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath View Post
He didnt make the hack. He didnt use it. He didnt make anyone DL it. HE LINKED IT....... HOW DID HE DESTROY THE COMMUNITY HE DIDNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

all he did was post a link. maybe he was drunk. maybe he was joking. doesnt matter.

If i post a link to myg0t website or ogc or some shit. and say im trying to destroy the internet. are u gonna ban me?
Seriously, even if i did do this(which obviously it was me). I apologize to everyone that may have been effected by the link. but as sabbath said, i never cheated in this game, i never made anyone download the cheat, i didn't create the cheat. I'm truly sorry. If i wanted to destroy a community do you think that i would admin 200+ pickups within a 5 month span and remake a tfc map(bloodtube) that i was soon going to release to try to get more people to play. If anything i think since the cheat was posted by BossStatus more people have joined the community.

Once again, i apologize to everyone(except stiffy) and i'm sorry for anything i may have done to make this game less pleasurable for you. It was an honest mistake and I wouldn't have put as much time and effort into this game if i didn't want it to succeed as much as it has already.

Last edited by hadez; 07-28-2009 at 03:37 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 AM   #83
Stiffy

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Thank you.

Last edited by Stiffy; 07-28-2009 at 03:40 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #84
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
This is hard because ff is such a small community, and hadez is such a major player in the pickup scene. He's a challenging opponent and I usually really enjoy the games I play with him. I'd like to play more. Although he did distribute the hack, he's admitted to it and apologized. From my perspective I'd like to see him back in ff.pickup, just so more good pickups can be played.

I understand this sets a bad example, but I think he's learned his lesson. Although he made the mistake of distributing the hack, he's contributed to the pickup community in time spent playing alone I think he deserves another shot.

Last edited by the_cake; 07-28-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #85
killu

Class/Position: Medic
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Personally I think Hadez is truly sorry for what he did. Of course he was not justified into introducing a cheat into the community and he overreacted in an extreme manner to what he should have just shrugged off but I have no doubt if he is given a second chance he will play the game honestly as I also believe he always has.

I am not saying that his return should be immediate but rather that Squeek should perhaps consider the possibility of unbanning him from the pick up channel since that's the only place he is really impacted by the whole thing due to the absent of leagues. As we all know this game can use all the players it can get and while what he did is something that angered the entire community as well as myself Hadez regrets what he does and like myself FF is about the only game he actually has fun playing. Although he in no way is entitled to a second opportunity to play FF it would be nice if he was awarded that opportunity at least eventually.

All of us can relate to doing something out of anger and acting stupidly out of spite in retaliation and given the chance perhaps we would at first try to plea denial to our actions if we thought we had the slightest chance to escape accountability but now that he finally has owned up to it I say let him play and with that said I'm sure all of us regret doing something out of pure emotion and anger without thinking through the consequences as does Matt.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #86
~Yoda~
Devil Dog
D&A Member

Class/Position: scout/solly/demo/medic
Gametype: clanstyle
Affiliations: Enternal order
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Yoda~
Lets have a vote on unbanning Hadez. I think he should be unbanned. He only gave the link to like two people. No one can prove he was BossStatus, he told me he wasn't, he's a friend of mine, so i think hes being honest. It's not like he came in #ff.pickup and spammed it in the channel, he just pmed like 2 people a link to the hacks over steam friends and it was their choice to dl them. He didn't encourage or make anyone. (this is korey' in game.)

Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 AM   #87
Stiffy

Korey you made me LOL! Read Korey read!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #88
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Fuck him, especially after trying to blame Stiffy. I find distributing hacks a million times worse than actually using them. It's bullshit people actually want him to have a second chance, it's just too bad VAC didn't get him, they don't give second chances.

And the word is out that you were using the hacks too Korey.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #89
~Yoda~
Devil Dog
D&A Member

I think i was posting when u cake and killu were posting lol.. it took me like half an hour. EDIT: and if i was hacking ide be banned by now... a lot of people say that but only the retarded ones take it seriously, the other are just kidding.

Last edited by ~Yoda~; 07-28-2009 at 04:02 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #90
Sabbath

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
unban. also squeek can u link me to where it says that distribution of hacks is bannable. on ffpickup.com???? thxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 AM   #91
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Hacking and/or the distribution of hacks is not tolerated by #ff.pickup. That should be obvious. If it wasn't, it should be now.
From a conversation with Vinny a day or two ago:

Quote:
[14:38] <[BOSS]Vinny> does this mean his ban will be forever
[14:38] <squeek> it means his ban will be longer than 3 days
For the record, I don't dislike hadeZ. This is nothing personal (I hope that much is obvious). I didn't dislike Titan either. But hacking/distributing hacks deserves punishment. Now is the time for punishment.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 07-28-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #92
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Almost everyone that actually plays in the pickup channel wants him unbanned. We've already pardon him and he plays in other servers with us. We all enjoy playing with him and would love if you could lift the ban at some point, even if it is not immediate, let us know if you're actually thinking about a time frame, that will surely give us some hope. If you choose to keep him banned in the ffpl server, well, that's entirely up to you, but the majority want him back in the channel, with or without admin. His contributions to the community is far greater then what he did wrong, learn to forgive him and let it go. :]

Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #93
killu

Class/Position: Medic
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker View Post
Fuck him, especially after trying to blame Stiffy. I find distributing hacks a million times worse than actually using them. It's bullshit people actually want him to have a second chance, it's just too bad VAC didn't get him, they don't give second chances.

And the word is out that you were using the hacks too Korey.
Perhaps if you knew him and were aware of his role in the pick up scene you would have a slightly more open view on the matter. Sure, if this was some random TF2 fuck or something I would wholeheartedly agree, no sympathy, fuck him, and trust me I am still pissed that someone who is my friend would attempt to ruin such a fragile gaming community and the only game I truly enjoy playing. Try to rationalize, this isn't somebody making a flyby through FF just to distribute hacks, it is somebody who to this point had supported the game in its entirety and somebody you could enjoy playing this game with who made one wrong detour down the wrong road.

I know Hadez personally and have no doubt he completely regrets his actions, still I a firm believer in paying for your actions but I feel at some point he should be allowed to play again. This was a matter of acting short shortsightedly and rashly without REALLY thinking about the true impact of what you are actually doing. After all in this society the only people we give life in jail to is murderers and serial rapists, I hardly think this equates or befits that same lifelong sentence...As a former cheater in TFC I can say I have regretted betraying the players in that game and have come back to play FF legitimately and I know Hadez will do the same if allowed. As said we all make mistakes and are wiser today because of them.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 AM   #94
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
eh. Even though i probably havent played FF for nearly a year, oh how i love public servers

Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #95
Stiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
From a conversation with Vinny a day or two ago:

For the record, I don't dislike hadeZ. This is nothing personal (I hope that much is obvious). I didn't dislike Titan either. But hacking/distributing hacks deserves punishment. Now is the time for punishment.
Have you all read Squeek's post? Your answer is right there lol!

Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #96
gibz
Title title title title

Class/Position: Medic O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF, Water Battle
Affiliations: :e0: and n-t
This is what I know: Titan didn't do a single thing to try and apologize, and get himself accepted back in the community.

HadeZ is apologizing and is trying to ask for forgiveness.

Whether HadeZ did it or not, he is still apologizing for the whole situation, and still wants to be back in and playing pickups.
I think a man who goes the extra mile to try and beg forgiveness should be taken into consideration.
It's not a matter of what was done compared to what Titan did, it is a matter of what they have done, after the incidents.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #97
Stiffy

Gibz you really love NCIS huh? lolz

Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #98
~Yoda~
Devil Dog
D&A Member

I thought gibz's name came from body parts like when you blow up in a game and parts go flying everywere, like cl_gibcount... rofl

Last edited by ~Yoda~; 07-28-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #99
Drifter666

sigh

As a member of the community and a regular pickup player, I accept Hadez apology as should everyone in my opinion. I believe he is sincere in his apology and I think we all would be glad to see him in #ffpickups again. He has proven his devotion to the game previous to any of this as well as put alot of time and effort, anywhere from helping/coaching lesser skilled players (such as my self) to participating in map developement to bring more maps to the scene. He is a strong member of #ffpickup and fortress forever in general, therefore in my opinion I would like to see him given a second chance. I don't think this is too much to ask for someone who is willing to admit his mistake and apologize publicly to the community, especially realizing that no one else in my knowledge has done the same. He cares, and I think we all should care as well... I believe he learned his lesson, and as it stands, i havent seen any impressive proof against him anyway. Hadez has my vote.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #100
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

While I can appreciate hadez's apologetic nature in this manner, you simply can't NOT punish him. It sets a bad precedence. The guy who uses steroids is just as guilty as the one who distributes them. It furthers the tainting of the sport. In this case, he distributed hacks among a small community, I don't care how many received the hack, it still happened. It's tainting the game. A game that can ill afford to have more "bad press" on the account of someone who made a bitch move in distributing the hack.

I don't play anymore, I haven't played since January because of crap like this. People's reputations are more important than the games reputation. If this ban doesn't hold up, why would anyone want to join a community of hack distributors/users. Unfortunately for FF, this is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

It's just like Major League Baseball and the "Steroid Era". Everyone will look at all the good players of this time period and wonder whether they did it clean or not. How many of the people on this forum, in the pick-up channels, playing the game in general are doing it clean? If this ban doesn't hold up, it will no longer be "innocent until proven guilty" it will be "guilty until proven innocent"

Closed Thread