Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Found gameplay footeage, don't know if it hasn't already been posted here yet.

http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-conte...ossip%20Gamers
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
YouTube it or no one cares.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
MightyLotu

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
shadow posted it in the first page
MightyLotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Posted for the hell of it:
http://www.liquidmesh3d.com/media/DNF_teaser_h264.mov
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #25
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
That one where they let some guy play an alpha of it? Fucking old as fuck.

Really, 3D Realms hasn't done shit to keep any more real interest in DNF. How the fuck do they expect to stay in business if they're going to rewrite the game every two years?

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #26
Demasu
Official FF Medic

How about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by /.
Take-Two Interactive has now sued 3D Realms over the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever . Take-Two did not provide continuous funding for the game, but they did pay $12 million for the publishing rights to the game. A Bloomberg report quotes Take-Two's complaint as saying that 3D Realms "continually delayed the completion date" and "repeatedly assured Take-Two and the video-gaming community that it was diligently working toward competing development of the PC Version" of the game. (The complaint refers to 3D Realms as part of Apogee Software, Ltd., not to be confused with Apogee Software, LLC, the publisher behind the still-forthcoming Duke Nukem Trilogy.)
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl...205&art_pos=14

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu View Post
"YAY! NOW WE CAN BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE FACT THAT WE HAD OUR THUMBS DEEPER IN OUR ASSES THAN OUR HEADS FOR A DECADE AND NOW WE'RE NO LONGER RELEVANT!"
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #28
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
3DRealms rewrote the game multiple times because they actually cared for pleasing their fans. They didn't want to just toss a terrible game out there for a quick buck like most of the developers today.

Also, fuck Take-Two. Bunch of greedy money-hungry pigs (Pigs? *shotgun*). So, they're going to open a lawsuit on a supposingly dead company? To leech some money that could have been used as a last-ditch means of working on the game or keeping the company alive (possibly reviving it?) The thing is, 3DRealms promised the game to their fans and they were going to deliver it. They have no control over the economic situation and all the other bullshit that let them down. 3DRealms would not intentionally let their fans down. Always count on Duke, motherfucker.

There's been a lot of bitching about Duke Nukem Forever and some directed at 3DRealms. People saying it looks like shit. People saying they no longer care. People blaming 3DRealms. It's a shitty situation, but it's not 3DRealm's fault. I'm a recent fan. Nothing long-term, and I can already identify these pathetics. I'd spend $50.00 on Duke Nukem Forever if it were released as an add-on pack to the original Duke Nukem 3D. Graphics are irrelevant. It can look like absolute shit. As long as there's Duke, alien scum to get rid of, and tons of ammunition; I'm happy.

Recent fan, but I would have cared for Duke Nukem Forever for twelve+ years. Knowing the current state of the Gaming Industry and the absolute filth that is being released today, it would have been the only optimistic piece of gaming history within this generation. Definitely worth waiting for. Enjoy your Halo and Sims games, failures.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #29
EvilIguana966

I recall maybe a year or so ago learning that 3d realms had something like 15 employees. Fifteen. Fifteen employees was more than enough back in 1996, but it would take that many people at least a decade to make a modern AAA computer game, by which point the game would be hopelessly outdated. Valve software, for comparison, has around 200 employees, Epic games about 100, iD software about 65. 3d Realms has been horrendously mismanaged. The reason they have gone through 3 game engines is that they apparently never had enough employees to finish a game before their technology was obsolete.

As for those videos, there is obviously good stuff in them but the striking thing that I'm seeing is basically modern 3d versions of Duke Nukem 3d weapons, monsters, and levels. I'm all for a good remake but I have serious questions, based on the near identical visual style, whether what they were building was going to have any features that made it stand out. Gameplay has come a long way since 1996 and quite frankly a straight shoot em up does not cut it anymore.

On the plus side, maybe the Duke I.P. will pass on to a competent development house and we will actually see DNF someday. Duke was a unique game that made fun of both itself and the competition, and I think there is still room for that.
EvilIguana966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2009, 01:21 AM   #30
EvilIguana966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Also, fuck Take-Two. Bunch of greedy money-hungry pigs (Pigs? *shotgun*). So, they're going to open a lawsuit on a supposingly dead company? To leech some money that could have been used as a last-ditch means of working on the game or keeping the company alive (possibly reviving it?) The thing is, 3DRealms promised the game to their fans and they were going to deliver it. They have no control over the economic situation and all the other bullshit that let them down. 3DRealms would not intentionally let their fans down. Always count on Duke, motherfucker.
Take 2 paid 3d realms a big chunk of change on the condition that they make a game and let them publish it. It is Take 2's right to try to recoup some of that money now that 3d realms has conclusively failed to deliver on its part of the bargain.
EvilIguana966 is offline   Reply With Quote