Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #21
Bakedbean
Crap, where's a gun!?

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT

However, I don't think I'm dealing with the best tech support guy at the moment, as he's telling me I have to upload the FF files by FTP myself.
Thats just wrong, its a free mod and hes to lazy to go download it. Your paying for the server. Put another ticket in and complain.
Bakedbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #22
FordGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakedbean
Thats just wrong, its a free mod and hes to lazy to go download it. Your paying for the server. Put another ticket in and complain.
Yep.

Already sent.

"The Linux server package is over one gigabyte, and several thousand files.

I was told very plainly in e-mail that someone could set this up server side, by buying a CS:S server, and opening a ticket to have it done. I'd tell you the guy's name, but the e-mail is on my computer at work.

My ISP, while having a quick download rate, is limited to 60k upload.

Uploading this much simply is not feasible, I'm not uploading it, and I shouldn't have to. Should I cancel this account and go with another company, or wait for the other technician who can do it for me?

Thanks."
FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #23
Bakedbean
Crap, where's a gun!?

Try writing sales at www.killerpings.com they don't have the package up yet
I have a 16 slot with them, waiting on an update to 22

Up to you if you want to cancel. wait it out to see if they reply or dump them lol I wrote sales over 18 hours ago and still no reply from gs
Bakedbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #24
FordGT

Of course, now the guy isn't responding back. My advice: Don't deal with gameservers.com until they actually have their service to automatically install FF like their other games.

It's a little ridiculous when one technician tells you one thing, then one says another, though. Seems to be a lack of communication between their workers, who I'm guessing aren't centralized.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #25
BarkerJr

I just use a virtual machine (VPS) hosted at a data center. Had 16 players last night with no problems... Will try more tonight.
BarkerJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #26
DJ McTom

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
www.mrgigabit.com

MrGigabit servers are offering a special deal for the next week on fortress forever.
Servers can be rented for 50p a slot (fortress forever only) for the next week (til the 23rd).

We currently have 3 fortress forever servers running, which you can play on here:
UK Servers:
MrGigabit.com - Fortress Forever #1 (CTF Only) : 87.117.195.31:27100
MrGigabit.com - Fortress Forever #2 : 87.117.195.31:27101
USA Server:
72.36.145.50:27100

The two UK servers are in london, and the american server is in texas.
See www.mrgigabit.com for contact details (or pm me)

Last edited by DJ McTom; 09-15-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #27
Kanadwen

Send a message via AIM to Kanadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Kanadwen
Escaped Turkey seems good for it's price, might go with them. Let me know how you guys are doing with the others.
Kanadwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #28
Mr. Happy
FF LOL

I've used Gameservers.com for an HL2DM server for the past six months or so (it's been moved over to FF tho and I'm configuring it now! )

Except for one incident where they upgraded a datacenter causing alot of servers to go offline without telling any customers, they've been great. Extremely fast support, good pings, good price, easy to use account stuff. I've had billing and support tickets resolved within (litterally) two minutes, although it did take seven hours for them to move it from HL2DM to FF.

Anyway, don't want to sound like an gameservers ad, just want to put my experience with them up.
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #29
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
I've used Gameservers.com for an HL2DM server for the past six months or so (it's been moved over to FF tho and I'm configuring it now! )

Except for one incident where they upgraded a datacenter causing alot of servers to go offline without telling any customers, they've been great. Extremely fast support, good pings, good price, easy to use account stuff. I've had billing and support tickets resolved within (litterally) two minutes, although it did take seven hours for them to move it from HL2DM to FF.

Anyway, don't want to sound like an gameservers ad, just want to put my experience with them up.
Nice you bold and underline the word you spelled wrong by a mile, so we all notice!!
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #30
FordGT

Okay, gameservers set up FF for me, after I petitioned again. Now I've just got to figure out why it's password protected, heh.

Edit: Figured it out.

Last edited by FordGT; 09-15-2007 at 12:47 AM.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #31
FoZzY25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT
I've only seen one of the big name hosting websites with FF already on their order webpage (Nuclearfallout, which is ludicrously expensive, albeit good.)

Anyone have a good eastern U.S. hosting place for 22 slots for around $60 a month?

I'm sure many people are itching to get more servers up, so it'd be a good idea to discuss some of the hosting options.
i use http://www.velocity-servers.net/

costs around 44 for 22 players
FoZzY25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #32
FordGT

Jesus. Gameservers.com technical team apparently has no communication with each other. They're probably all outsourced.

I've talked to four different ones, and they all have different answers.

The server reverted to CS instead of FF, so I send a ticket to have it fixed, and the new guy tells me I can't use it for FF, despite another tech putting it on there for me.

Fuck. Don't use Gameservers.com. Their tech support replies fast, but they're inconsistent as HELL.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #33
FordGT

So I sent another ticket - - this time the new tech person tells me that gameservers.com doesn't install mods for people!

This is AFTER one did last night!

If you happen to deal with the tech Brendan Kiel, he knows what he's doing. The rest I've dealt with are completely clueless, and give you the runaround.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #34
Atari

I've ordered a server from INX-Gaming as their servers have v.good pings for me (in the top 5).

http://www.inx-gaming.co.uk/

Having some issues atm getting things up and running, will keep ya'll updated.
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
FordGT

I have now cancelled my server with gameservers.com. Screw them, and let this serve as a warning before you deal with them.

They're completely discombobulated as far as customer service goes. None of them seem to know what the others know, and there are mass miscommunication problems.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #36
zeromips

New York Network Operations Center

http://www.thenynoc.com/

They hooked me up with an awesome dedicated server, around 110 USD per month.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #37
ajniN

Gameservers is learning quickly. I've had a couple problem with the server not stopping/starting but they are able to install the mod and it is functioning for me finally.

Last edited by ajniN; 09-15-2007 at 07:02 PM.
ajniN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #38
NightWolf

i went through gameservers their tech support was fine no issues they installed FF for me and even installed "sourcemod" for me

Old 09-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #39
Atari

My INX server is now up and running and the pings are darn good

http://www.inx-gaming.co.uk/

Stop on by

Server name: PlayNice!
Server IP: 85.234.148.34:27015
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #40
fendel