Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:57 AM   #41
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
As of this post The [AE] AssEater Clan IS NOT running detox. The problem with this is, detox (if I understand correctly) this is a anti speed hack tool witch is why when you reached a certain velocity around 7 or 8 hops you got slammed to the ground. This was unknown to us and would appreciate any futher complaints/issues with our server be directed to us at www.asseater.org.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #42
TriaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
As of this post The [AE] AssEater Clan IS NOT running detox. The problem with this is, detox (if I understand correctly) this is a anti speed hack tool witch is why when you reached a certain velocity around 7 or 8 hops you got slammed to the ground. This was unknown to us and would appreciate any futher complaints/issues with our server be directed to us at www.asseater.org.

You dont have to be bhoping anywhere to experience the effects. Simply jumping in place, not going anywhere gets the same results.

But whatever was done to the AE server to fix the problem has done the job. The server is clear of anything preventing jumping after 7 jumps.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #43
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I don't care if it's intentionally included or not, the effect is the same, it's a speed cheat. You can say it's a speed cheat that the devs wanted in the game but the fact remains the same, it gives an advantage and I don't allow it on any of my servers.
This is utter stupidity. It's not in any way a cheat. It was specifically coded into the game. It was MADE for the game. The Devs have refused to add in a variable for bhop. It was never even a cheat. It was a simple physics exploit that gained acceptance and was widely used in TFC. It never gave anyone a big advantage except those who took the few minutes to learn it. And now, where it takes a second to learn and is made so that the advantage is nearly negligable, you still want to remove it from your server. Even [O-T], which was strictly no bhop in TFC is allowing bhop in FF.
WTFUX IS WRONG WITH YOU

Old 10-06-2007, 03:39 AM   #44
own3r
Custom mapper

I think we know that 99% of people like bhop, stop attacking other people for not agreeing with you. It's not justified even if they don't have a good reason for doing so. Life and let live.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #45
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
I'd like to life and let live... but I prefer to live and let live .

SME has shown sheer ignorance and a rather awkward attitude in the past on these forums. He's pretty much asking for it.

Regarding keeping those servers up: You should either state "Issue Fixed" or remove them, as the post was made stating that those servers inhibited bhop. That's no longer accurate. I believe that all parties will compromise to the agreement of stating that each party's respective server has been fixed? If you're going to just keep them up as they are... I'll just have to say grow up.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #46
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417
In response to this thread and our server being a target of it I have temporarily disabled the anti-cheat feature which is blocking the built in BH featured in FF.

We have already had multiple players using speed hacks in our server. Now our admins instead of being able to just play and let the plug-in regulate speed hackers our they will have to stop playing, go to into spectator mode, watch the player and then manually ban the player.

Hopefully Detox build a variable into the next update which will make it where speed hack cheats can be detected by FF's BH can still be allowed.
It's a planned feature in future versions (hopefully the next version) to separate the speedhack (detox_sh) from the bhop (detox_bh) and even change the number before clamp down.

Hope that helps...

Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #47
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I hope these guys know that speed can scale up nearly infinitely... you can go pretty damn fast offa a triple conc, rocketnade, three pipes... it goes on.

I wonder if the plugin could calculate base speed and if anyone is over it (without jumping around) they get kickbanned...

You know, some idiot is cheating as a class with 300 speed... he runs normally for 10 seconds or so (no jumping) and the plugin detects him running at 400. Kickabanneroonie!

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #48
cunnelatio

or maybe just add a kickvote because it's fucking obvious when someone is speedhacking

anyway people complaining about grenade jumps or bunnyhopping and whatever else they are complaining about should go play TF2, I don't understand why you are even playing this game christ are you stupid or what

Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #49
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Also, those saying they want their admins to just be able to play... part of your job as an admin is to deal with hackers, lamers, et cetera. It's not being a normal player with the ability to kick/ban. If your admins are complaining about having to do their job, perhaps you need better ones, or need to stop putting up the "Admin starts @ $5 a month!"

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #50
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Since when is it wrong to change how the game is played? By this logic nearly all of the AMXMODX plugins that add or disable parts of HL games should be taken out and blocked. If someone doesn't want massive bhopping then that is their own prerogative their server their rules. Long as its in the title of the server no harm no foul.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #51
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD
You dont have to be bhoping anywhere to experience the effects. Simply jumping in place, not going anywhere gets the same results.

But whatever was done to the AE server to fix the problem has done the job. The server is clear of anything preventing jumping after 7 jumps.

Interesting will have to do some research to see if we can just disable or change the jump #. the problem is detox was made basically for HL2 DM , not FF. Fortress Forever has features that the other games don't of course. So if anybody has any info on this subject please pm me or post a reply with info.

Now on to the next subject. This thread was started addressing a anti bhop issue and for the most part has stayed on topic. But it seems that some server bashing and complaining about the way individual's run their server is going on.So in the immortal words of Rodney King " cccccan't wwwe all jjjjust get along. Can we agree to disagree and be ok with that.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #52
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Since when is it wrong to change how the game is played? By this logic nearly all of the AMXMODX plugins that add or disable parts of HL games should be taken out and blocked. If someone doesn't want massive bhopping then that is their own prerogative their server their rules. Long as its in the title of the server no harm no foul.
There's a reason the devs didn't code in a bhop server variable, though. They don't WANT non-bhop servers, because they're confusing to newbies and they split the community.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #53
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

But it isn't a win/win situation. This is just the opposite side of Valve trying to stop bhopping, now we have the FF team trying to keep bhopping. Its in the game but it isn't explained in the game so it doesn't really help anybody but the people who already know how. No matter what the team does someone out there will find a way. My main point was there is no need in arguing about it.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #54
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
But it isn't a win/win situation. This is just the opposite side of Valve trying to stop bhopping, now we have the FF team trying to keep bhopping. Its in the game but it isn't explained in the game so it doesn't really help anybody but the people who already know how. No matter what the team does someone out there will find a way. My main point was there is no need in arguing about it.
^ FTW

Old 10-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #55
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnelatio
or maybe just add a kickvote because it's fucking obvious when someone is speedhacking

anyway people complaining about grenade jumps or bunnyhopping and whatever else they are complaining about should go play TF2, I don't understand why you are even playing this game christ are you stupid or what
kicking by vote gets abused. Only tk protection (ala mani) and otehr admins kick on my servers. I kick players for even trying a voteban. I don't think anyone here is complaining about grenade jumps but why would they go play TF2? It has neither.

Since you're stupid enough to ask a question liek that, you go on ignore like the others.

Quote:
So close. I'm not requuired to put anything in the server name, rules go in the MOTD (and mani adverts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
This thread was started addressing a anti bhop issue and for the most part has stayed on topic. But it seems that some server bashing and complaining about the way individual's run their server is going on.So in the immortal words of Rodney King " cccccan't wwwe all jjjjust get along. Can we agree to disagree and be ok with that.
No. We cant. Humans have always been, and will always be, a warring tribe. Besides, why would I want to get along with retarded kids I've had to ignore? I can agree to disagree but, obviously, some mental midgets can not. They end up ignored. YMMV.

Quote:
Of course there's no need, it's my server, I'll do what I want. On other servers, admins will dowhat they want. Argument over. What we have, isn't an argument, it's a whine session. They want to whine because:
A) They think they count, on my servers.
B) They think whining will get them what they want.
C) They think they're special.

They are wrong. As others have pointed out, it's my server and I'll run it how I like.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #56
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
They are wrong. As others have pointed out, it's my server and I'll run it how I like.
You're right, it is your server. Just like FF is the developers. If they want something in the game, they'll put something in the game how they like it. They put in Bhop without a variable to remove it because that is how they like it.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #57
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
SME no one gives a toss about you or your server, we're just rolling our eyes at you and saying whatever do as you please.

Jolly good.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #58
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Really, just ignore our friendly SME. He's lived a sheltered little existence.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #59
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Wow grow up. Please. Most of you. Now. Big mac buy me one.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #60
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Wow grow up. Please. Most of you. Now. Big mac buy me one.
Heh, that's why I love ignore, it rasies the collective forum IQ.

Closed Thread