CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Also, since you don't like thier voting system, quit bitching and play elsewhere...
-iggy

iggy i dont think hes bitching about it. i think hes stating that he feels like there is a better way to have the voting system. hes trying to make a server that is usually populated a better server. hes trying to help. you're sitting in the forums shooting down his ideas like a complete troll. if u dont like his bitching about the server then why are you still in here posting?
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #22
Icculus
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I keep trying to !add in ff.pickup but everytime I do, the pickup ends up timing out after an hour or so due to not enough players adding.

It's probably because I usually play during the day when i'm working (I understand that pickups are more active at night) but still, there are at least 20 people idling in ff.pickup and only 2 or 3 !adding. Kinda lame.

I'll keep trying.

-Icculus
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #23
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
Also, since you don't like thier voting system, quit bitching and play elsewhere...
-iggy

iggy i dont think hes bitching about it. i think hes stating that he feels like there is a better way to have the voting system. hes trying to make a server that is usually populated a better server. hes trying to help. you're sitting in the forums shooting down his ideas like a complete troll. if u dont like his bitching about the server then why are you still in here posting?
I didn't say the system was perfect(it's not)... or is your reading comprehension still wedged up his ass? He's bashing OT's server, and I'm guessing it's because he's banned from it. Most of the OT haters are banned from there.

As a forum admin, part of my duties include reading pretty much every post made here. I have no problem speaking my mind, nor do I mind anyone else from doing the same. I do, however, draw the line at flaming. You call me a troll, because I offer up a different opinion than his? Because I point out the obvious(play elsewhere)?

Suggestions are fine, bashing servers, their operators, or their policy is not. Don't like their rules? Play elsewhere. Of course, you could always pony up the cash to buy your own server, and play there.

Edit:
Speaking of suggestions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
I explicitly called gambit a faggot, and you're not gonna give me an infraction? You are also whats wrong with this game.
Well, since you're begging.....

Edit2:
That infraction resulted in a ban.... Hope you're happy, see you next year, and have a nice day.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Iggy; 01-01-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #24
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I think pickup regulars are the last people who should be telling other people how to run their servers/communities.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #25
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Whens the last time you even played FF? scumbag.
Funny how you keep saying this, despite the fact that I've explained to you a million times I'm unable to play.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #26
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Edit2:
That infraction resulted in a ban.... Hope you're happy, see you next year, and have a nice day.
Can you say that again to chef in about, oh...a few hours? That'd be awesome.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #27
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
lol, i'm not going to give you an infraction for calling me a fagot, nor will i for you disagreeing with me. i am more than able to have a "heated" argument/discussion without punishing you when i feel outed or just because i can.

i think your wrong, you think i'm wrong, but we are both entitled to our own opinions.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #28
aware
D&A Member

Quote:

aware is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #29
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

one of his infractions was reversed, he should be unbanned

Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #30
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

genghis tron when exactly will u be able to play.. i mean u have been using that excuse for atleast a year now. what kind of person who posts in a gaming forum as frequently as you do doesn't get their computer back in gaming form for like a year.. srsly man just leave bro u dont even game.

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 01-01-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Thanks for the lift Gambit, my comment at you wasn't anything personal and glad u didn't take it that way.

There are a few people in here that will disagree with anything a pickup player says... I for one like pub servers just as much as pickups, but they have to be populated and have the maps and right tools in place to teach morons a lesson(a permanent ban isn't the solution... maybe a 3 strike rule?)

Basically all I'm asking for is a proper RTV system as well as active nonheartless admins to maintain the integrity and keep the map rotation fresh and clean.

Kids are going to play this game, in pubs and in pickups. Kids also think its cool to swear or find it funny to ruin the game for someone in any way they can. Is it right, no but they should get a couple warnings before a full fledged permaban. We need these kids and these newbs for the overall health of the game, regardless if we're mature or not.

I dont like being a douche on here but it seems like without making a big deal about something, shit doesn't get heard by anyone. I just feel like the public servers suck and need improving. As much as I wish it was, it's just not as simple as forking up $10/month and saying:

"Well that popular server sucks, and im banned from the other popular server(along with a lot of other people who want to play FF) so I'm just going to buy my own public server and hope that people play it..."

Last edited by Lynus; 01-01-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Lynus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Np, for future reference dont ask to be banned, lol.
Ok, im on my phone(at work) so I won't type to much.
I agree with the rtv thing, I dont know if the rtv system is universal or if some servers are utilizing their own system, but the few I have encountered are buggy, mainly not allowing u to switch weapons when it pops up.
As far as the infractions go, it is not our place to tell a server owner how he can run his server.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
wow
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #34
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
I actually started work on a lua-based voting system a few days ago, so if you have any suggestions let me know.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #35
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the lift Gambit, my comment at you wasn't anything personal and glad u didn't take it that way.

There are a few people in here that will disagree with anything a pickup player says... I for one like pub servers just as much as pickups, but they have to be populated and have the maps and right tools in place to teach morons a lesson(a permanent ban isn't the solution... maybe a 3 strike rule?)

Basically all I'm asking for is a proper RTV system as well as active nonheartless admins to maintain the integrity and keep the map rotation fresh and clean.

Kids are going to play this game, in pubs and in pickups. Kids also think its cool to swear or find it funny to ruin the game for someone in any way they can. Is it right, no but they should get a couple warnings before a full fledged permaban. We need these kids and these newbs for the overall health of the game, regardless if we're mature or not.

I dont like being a douche on here but it seems like without making a big deal about something, shit doesn't get heard by anyone. I just feel like the public servers suck and need improving. As much as I wish it was, it's just not as simple as forking up $10/month and saying:

"Well that popular server sucks, and im banned from the other popular server(along with a lot of other people who want to play FF) so I'm just going to buy my own public server and hope that people play it..."
I never said that OT couldn't be heavy handed.... but the fact is, it's their rules, and their server does quite well enough without the people who have been banned.

I didn't want to give you the infraction, until you bitched me out for not having given it. We do try to be easy with enforcement... sometimes it takes things getting out of hand before anything is done. Frankly, it's difficult to keep a scorecard on who like who, who hates who, what's kidding around and what's a genuine insult. That's the main reason we go light with the enforcement. We want everyone to get along, even if they disagree on something. We also don't want to lose users or players.

Back to the server topic:

It is that simple(forking up $10 a month for a server), but it may not be that easy. It takes a little more work than just shoveling money out for a game server. You have to do a little promotion, and if you do, people will come. I know that you may not be able to afford a server(don't know your individual situation, but leaving it as a possibility)... I know I can't. So I don't fault you for that.

However, to mix a metaphor, you can't walk into someone's house and demand they redecorate it to suit you. It's their house.

Personally, I think you(not you in particular, but in general) may need to look at yourself, if you're banned from the popular and populated servers. OT is strict, but ZE's Palace isn't. Talos lets damned near anything go, so if you've been banned from there..... maybe you need therapy. Again, I'm not meaning you, Lynus, but anyone. Most server owners(that I know) won't take someone's word to initiate a ban. They might watch someone a bit closely, but I've never seen anyone(not even Scuzzy) ban someone without at least some evidence.

Anyhow, it's fine to make a point, even if you have to get annoying with it(ahem, Bridget).... and you don't have to agree with everyone who disagrees with you. Just don't flame, then bitch about not getting penalized for it when you're let slide for it.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #36
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl View Post
I actually started work on a lua-based voting system a few days ago, so if you have any suggestions let me know.
Freeze players in place, so everyone can vote without having to be killed in the middle of a fire-fight. Also, bring up an overlay with a maplist on it, so people can't say they didn't get a chance to vote.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #37
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
genghis tron when exactly will u be able to play.. i mean u have been using that excuse for atleast a year now. what kind of person who posts in a gaming forum as frequently as you do doesn't get their computer back in gaming form for like a year.. srsly man just leave bro u dont even game.
Actually, my computer broke on September 13th. It's been a whopping 3.5 months, not a year.

It's funny how you and chef continually bring it up. Doesn't matter if I never play, or I play everyday, my opinions are perfectly valid. You guys are just trying to shut me up by saying I haven't played recently, and therefore I can't speak on matters concerning the game. Anyone with common sense realizes this tactic is completely fallacious.

Quote:
There are a few people in here that will disagree with anything a pickup player says...
Not true at all. It's obvious you're directing your comments at me and Bridget, but you seem to have missed our cues (nothing new). There's people in the pickup community who are perfectly fine. I'm talking about the 'regulars', ie, you, who act like retarded children and actively contribute to the death of the community. Basically, all you guys who start retarded drama over absolutely nothing, pick on 'noobs', grief noobs in public servers, etc.

Quote:
Personally, I think you(not you in particular, but in general) may need to look at yourself, if you're banned from the popular and populated servers. OT is strict, but ZE's Palace isn't. Talos lets damned near anything go, so if you've been banned from there..... maybe you need therapy. Again, I'm not meaning you, Lynus, but anyone. Most server owners(that I know) won't take someone's word to initiate a ban. They might watch someone a bit closely, but I've never seen anyone(not even Scuzzy) ban someone without at least some evidence.

Anyhow, it's fine to make a point, even if you have to get annoying with it(ahem, Bridget).... and you don't have to agree with everyone who disagrees with you. Just don't flame, then bitch about not getting penalized for it when you're let slide for it.
This is the heart of the issue with people like chef. TALOS is perfectly tolerant of people who are playing the game and having fun. If your idea of fun is screaming every expletive under the sun into the microphone, as long as it doesn't disrupt gameplay (People who intentionally spam to annoy) and if you don't grief/ruin people's experiences, we don't care (If verbal harassment ruins your experience, well, maybe TALOS just isn't for you) we don't care. It's really that simple.

Some people have found it in their interest to publicly announce they're going to go into pub servers to grief noobs to pass time between pickups. Some of these people I'm referencing are those standing before you today, who are trying to pass off this charade like they're upstanding members of the community, who just want to help the game, while their actions clearly dictate the exact opposite.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Our RTV system is proper. You have to wait at-least ten minutes before rocking the vote. It was implemented so that new players or those on their own could enjoy the map they possibly voted on. Seriously, most of the maps in our rotation get neglected, because pickup-minded assholes kept RTV-spamming the second a new map comes up to take the action back to the same fucking maps over and over. We don't have maps in our rotation for no fucking reason. They are to be played. So, deal with it and play them. If you want to play a pickup, go play a fucking pickup, but someone other than you and your goons might want to try a new map out once in a while.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

u bring up the fact that we grief newbs as much as people bring up the fact that u dont play FF and ur opinions mean shit.. the truth is we dont grief newbs u faggot

Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #40
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Bri we don't grief noobs at all. The pickup players would gladly help new players learn how to play more competitively
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote