Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #61
o_jimyd

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Sng is very effective at dming, you just gotta know how to aim.

In tfc, it can make rockets explode in the air.

It can cause massive dmg in skinny hallways

(think openfire button room going to flag, that minature hallway).

Sng is the equivlent of sitting infront of a nailgren.

But the regular nailgun needs a tinybit more kick to it. Maybe give it a slight pushback, or increase dmg slighty.

Though i think the nailgun should shoot faster than the sng, if you didnt increase dmg.
o_jimyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 02:28 AM   #62
o_stricknine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudderz
The nailgun is a very unrealistic weapon to shoot someone with (in reality). Who has ever heard of a guy who shot someone repeatedly with a nailgun?

(Bet someone has gone and done it though)
Haven't you ever watched Happy Gilmore? Well I guess he didn't shoot him repeatedly....

But anyways, I really loved the way the nailguns were in QWTF. In TFC, they were just.... meh. especially the way they sounded. Oh, and just throw the rail gun in the trash. Bring back the rivet gun from QWTF. It was like a nail gun, but shot a big rivet.
o_stricknine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #63
o_sutch

Wow, I just started reading these forums again and it was quite a surprise to see my year old thread bumped up.

I agree with Loyus in the idea that the scout should be the one to carry the SNG (in fact I made a thread a long time ago about this). Making the SNG stronger while leaving the SSG as it is would make the medic far too powerful. But too many people would be pissed off if the SSG was nerfed and the SNG was made stronger to take its place. So why not just exchange the scout's and medic's nailguns? Medic would still have his sentry killing tool, albeit slightly nerfed (he needs a nerf anyway) and the scout would have the ability to defend himself.
o_sutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #64
o_ernest

I don't quite agree. To me the scout just isn't a guy who destroys stuff and I'd like to see him boosted for what he is rather than the medic nerfed.
o_ernest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #65
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afx
Of course ive played quake dm and qwtf and am well aware of how the s/nailgun is, However unless im very much mistaken this mod is being made by people from the tfc community not the quake one so i'd say that the medic retaining his shotgun as his major weapon rather than the sng is more likely.

Not making every single weapon in the game super powerful is a good thing(does the medic really need a v good ssg, a more powerful sng and his medkit too?), It makes you have to make a judgement about what to use and makes any kills with the lesser weapons more satisfactory, imo at least.

Like i said before, the tfc sng is far from good as a weapon for dming someone with and it feels far too puny which doesnt help matters(some kindve feedback like you get with the snipers ar would be nice and perhaps a little push effect), However when used in the correct situations its still a very good weapon, just because you cant go charging in, firing off a thousand rounds and mowing down everything in your path doesnt make it bad.
Having a SNG that is good at medium to longer distances and a SSG that is good at short distances would make you have to use judgement in selecting a weapon instead of just whipping out the SNG for taking out stationary objects (90% of the time SGs) and using the SSG the remainder of the time. I guess I worded my previous post kinda bad. I'm not saying that the SNG should become the end all be all.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #66
o_darknight

I don't agree either. I don't thing the scout should have the SNG, he's just not a major sentry gun killer. That job should be left for the medics/heavy offence.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #67
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknight
I don't agree either. I don't thing the scout should have the SNG, he's just not a major sentry gun killer. That job should be left for the medics/heavy offence.
Definitely, Scout is all about getting the flag and as tfc is a team game its about working with your fellow attackers, so that they are killing the sg's and defenders that might get in your way.
All that needs to change is that the feel of the weapons just needs beefing up somewhat, obviously not too much as firing a puny nail gun or shotgun doesnt need to feel unrealisticly powerful, its just in tfc at the moment its like firing a pea shooter.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #68
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
Like i said before, the tfc sng is far from good as a weapon for dming someone with and it feels far too puny which doesnt help matters(some kindve feedback like you get with the snipers ar would be nice and perhaps a little push effect), However when used in the correct situations its still a very good weapon, just because you cant go charging in, firing off a thousand rounds and mowing down everything in your path doesnt make it bad.

Having a SNG that is good at medium to longer distances and a SSG that is good at short distances would make you have to use judgement in selecting a weapon instead of just whipping out the SNG for taking out stationary objects (90% of the time SGs) and using the SSG the remainder of the time. I guess I worded my previous post kinda bad. I'm not saying that the SNG should become the end all be all.
I appreciate what youre saying and obviously the tfc sng is rather pathetic to someone used to the quake one, But i honestly dont think that the medic should have a long range weapon. A good medic is already dominating enough without having the ability to fuck people up from half way across the map.

As has been pointed out, it isnt a great dming weapon, but it does have a high fire rate and can be pretty good for finishing off someone whos low on health rather than perhaps waiting for your ssg to reload. I honestly think that if the sng is beefed up a little simply in the way it feels than people would have a better opinion of it as a weapon, As it stands when you fire it it just feels crap and that affects the overall perception of it.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #69
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afx
I honestly think that if the sng is beefed up a little simply in the way it feels than people would have a better opinion of it as a weapon, As it stands when you fire it it just feels crap and that affects the overall perception of it.
I'll agree with that. It's rather bland now.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote