Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 03-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #41
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism View Post
Hey demasu nobody gives a shit, he got his point across, fucking llama
Hey, I've stepped back on the spelling, but that is just inexcusable, how can you not fucking know the difference?

...and you wonder why I love doctors.

Last edited by Demasu; 03-14-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #42
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
not* Sorry.

But seriously, I'm with Demasu here, sure this is the internet, but how can you manage to use your and you're incorrectly?
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #43
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
not* Sorry.

But seriously, I'm with Demasu here, sure this is the internet, but how can you manage to use your and you're incorrectly?
Dammit. See, even I slip up from time to time.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #44
Tyrant
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu View Post
Thefucking word is you're. You are. Not your, you're. Take the time to say it in your head, your is possessive, you're is a contraction.

Hey kid C0rr3ct diz gr4mm3r, g4y b1tch. B3tt3r c4ll da int3rn3t c0pz.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #45
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post

Hey kid, correct this grammar, gay bitch. Better call the internet cops.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #46
EvilIguana966

UT99 Was the best. 2K4 was good, especially onslaught, but absent the vehicles and large maps (ie the 2k3 part) the game was not as good as UT99. They sped up the gameplay too much, eliminating the unique feel of UT99 and basically becoming more like Quake only with crazier acrobatics. UT3, I have only played the demo of. It's not a bad game, but it's also little more than a graphical upgrade of UT2. Games have largely moved beyond the old model and incorporated character classes and objective based teamplay. I for one applaud that change. Running around the level in a set pattern grabbing powerups is not fun for me anymore. It was great when it was the only game in town, but then some crazy Aussies went and created a game called team fortress, and the way forward became clear. UT3 is a good looking game with an old and tired style, and there is much better out there.
EvilIguana966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #47
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
- .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . - .... .. ... -... .. - -.-. .... .-.-.-

Be genafyngr guvf gbb. Lbhe pubvpr. Bu, ybbx ng gung, V hfrq lbhe, orpnhfr vg'f gur pubvpr gung lbh znxr, abg n lbh ner pubvpr. Nznmvat uhu?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #48
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
I got the UT3 steam free weekend loaded, played last night and this morning - first impressions, its a pretty cool game. I have mostly been playing CTF and some DM.

The maps have a LOT of detail, the background music is sweet and the over all game play is pretty awesome.

I can understand "why" the UT series has a solid fan base.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #49
Caboose45

Class/Position: O Heavy, D Heavy
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: -lostjesters-
I bought the game yesterday and finally started playing some this morning; really fun game, looks really good, and has some really good dual core support, runs like a charm on my 2.0ghz dual core. Really fun game, but man I suck at that Greed gametype.
Caboose45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #50
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
Yarr!

I think you mighta been in a game w/ me caboose.

Here is my comparison atm:

Unreal Tournament 3 FortressForever
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #51
~kev~
pmagnvs

The UT 3 free weekend ended yesterday at noon - central US time. Even though the game play is solid, and a lot fun, I dont think I will be buying it any time soon.

Until I get a little more bored with left 4 dead, I just do not have time to play anything else. When I finally say, "ok, I'am bored with l4d" then I might buy the UT package from steam - the one that has several games in it.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #52
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
I bought myself UT III for xmas.

I was a very big fan of the UT games. Here's my opinion:

UT: A great game for it's time, it's weapon selection and alternate fire modes (shock combo ftw) completely blows quake3 away in a it's depth and tactical options.

UT2k3: My favorite of the series. The maps/weapons/ double jump feel so great. Also, CPL and WCG support? Fuck yeah. Best game mode ever invented? BOMBING RUN!

UT2k4: Onslaught was interesting, but not my cup of tea by far. DM_RANKIN has to be the best map released with a playable demo ever. That map is super solid for DM or TDM.

All hail the dodge-jump.

UTIII: Finally, vechicle ctf out of the box, the new vehicles are tits, and make any gamemode with them a load of fun! I dislike the changes made to the dodge system, as it removes many of the cool ramp-slides and neat tricks you could do without having to damage yourself.

Overall, I've logged less than 1% of the time I did for UT2004 n UTIII, it's just not the same.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #53
46 and 2
I am Redeye for anything.

Class/Position: Def NG
Affiliations: [TALOS]
The original UT is tits for me. That game was very fun, and I like the assult modes.

I have checked out the other UT seires, but the first is it for me. I still cant tell if kev is trolling with the rj thing or not.alt fire on rockets are much fun, need map awarness to really use them.

Yea, shock rifle alt fire and primary fire was the shit.

That game was the first time I was introduced to the alt fire style of the redeemer. First time I was flying that thing around, on the vs map, the one in outer space, I was hooked on fps.

That game was fun on ps2, UT. I have yet to see any other shooters translate that well to console.
46 and 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #54
~kev~
pmagnvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 and 2 View Post
I still cant tell if kev is trolling with the rj thing or not.alt fire on rockets are much fun, need map awarness to really use them.
When you buy a game, surely there things that you look for. Such as mouse support, voice support, keyboard support, configurable controls.

Would you be disappointed if you bought a new game (like left 4 dead) and there was no mouse support? Could you imagine having to use just the keyboard for everything? Maybe you would feel a little restricted? Maybe you would be asking yourself, why didnt they add support for a mouse.

That is how I feel about RJ'ing. To me, the RJ and deathmatch go hand in hand. But you may feel different.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #55
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
When you buy a game, surely there things that you look for. Such as mouse support, voice support, keyboard support, configurable controls.

Would you be disappointed if you bought a new game (like left 4 dead) and there was no mouse support? Could you imagine having to use just the keyboard for everything? Maybe you would feel a little restricted? Maybe you would be asking yourself, why didnt they add support for a mouse.

That is how I feel about RJ'ing. To me, the RJ and deathmatch go hand in hand. But you may feel different.
This does not make sense, mouse and keyboard support are tools used to interact with a machine interacting with a game. Having no mouse or keyboard support for a cpu game is like buying a brand new 60" plasma tv that has no remote or interface buttons built into it.

Having no rjing in a game not designed for it is like complaining you can't Pass Go while conquering Asia with your royal flush.

Don't make me break out the Chewbacca defense.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #56
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Having no rjing in a game not designed for it is like complaining you can't Pass Go while conquering Asia with your royal flush.
awesome
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #57
redux
poops with both seats down
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to redux
UT2004 is the best in my opion. Ut2003 was ultra badass in the demo, until you bought the game and saw the rest of the maps sucked balls. The ones in the demo were the best.

UT2004 had some kick ass maps!!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 AM   #58
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

It ties with Antalus for all out best map, for real, we did 1v1,2v2, and 4v4 on those maps, all modes were dope.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #59
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Quote:

Kev, try the impact hammer for all your rocket jumping desires, it has the drawback of having to switch weapons to get to it, but it does far less damage than a rocket jump from most games.

Also, in the games with the shield gun (ut2k3 and 2k4), you can shoot globs of bio-goo onto the ground and hop off of them using the sheild gun while looking down for quite a boost! Not to mention double-jumps!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #60
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:

This is the most amusing post I've read all week.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote