cjeshjoir™
1-800-UNAGIPOWA

Gametype: AvD, Spirit of TFC
Affiliations: ™.AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to cjeshjoir™ Send a message via Skype™ to cjeshjoir™
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
like 1 map version each 2 days = upload to server 1 ftp then server 2 ftp then fast dl ftp then update admin_map list then nominate map list then rtv map list then normal vote list etc!
-_-
not forcing you to DL it.

also sourcemod: rtfm

" In my opinion the testing team isn't really made for or of public players, it's made for competative players... " ¹ -Scuzzy (post# 462713)

Last edited by cjeshjoir™; 12-25-2009 at 02:21 AM.
cjeshjoir™ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #22
mentalERROR
[DGAF]

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Well done map!!! Not a bad file size either with the size of the map also considering b2's file size was twice as big.
mentalERROR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #23
cjeshjoir™
1-800-UNAGIPOWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalERROR View Post
Well done map!!! Not a bad file size either with the size of the map also considering b2's file size was twice as big.
Yeah b2 was bspzipped incorrectly.

" In my opinion the testing team isn't really made for or of public players, it's made for competative players... " ¹ -Scuzzy (post# 462713)

Last edited by cjeshjoir™; 12-25-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #24
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
nice! I love the christmas version! Fucking sweet.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
poor zE
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #26
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
tought u just added some green / red lights and done, but u changed a lot to xmas, version show displacements , walls, snow falling skybox etc good job : D
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #27
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I'm so glad at least someone made a Christmas map this year. Looks very nice!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #28
traxamillion

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjeshjoir™ View Post
negative ghost rider, its the same height as tfc. raising it would require more work that im willing to put into it.
how is it the same height? TFC you go like 1 mile up... your map you go 20yards up

Last edited by traxamillion; 12-26-2009 at 12:03 AM.
traxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #29
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
This map needs restrictions on conc jumpers.

Played to day and even bhopping to the flag room, scouts from the other team were beating me into the flag room. There was 0 chance to set up any kind of defense to stop them from getting the flag.

1 team only needs 1 or 2 conc jumpers (medic or scout) and they can just run away with the game no matter how many players go for defense.

There should be a limit of 1 scout and 1 medic, and they should only start off with 1 conc grenade

ya I know people want this game to be fast, but there is fast and then there is just too fast. This map should not be won time after time just after the 2 other flags are released in the middle.

Having the round end so far time after time after time drives people off. At least 3 or 4 people left just because there was 0 chance to get any kind of decent defense up.

We got lucky one round just because they didn't expect a heavy and stopped him before he left, but after that it was just conc after conc after conc. I was actually getting physically sick from being conced so much.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2009, 03:35 AM   #30
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
This map needs restrictions on conc jumpers.

Played to day and even bhopping to the flag room, scouts from the other team were beating me into the flag room. There was 0 chance to set up any kind of defense to stop them from getting the flag.

1 team only needs 1 or 2 conc jumpers (medic or scout) and they can just run away with the game no matter how many players go for defense.

There should be a limit of 1 scout and 1 medic, and they should only start off with 1 conc grenade

ya I know people want this game to be fast, but there is fast and then there is just too fast. This map should not be won time after time just after the 2 other flags are released in the middle.

Having the round end so far time after time after time drives people off. At least 3 or 4 people left just because there was 0 chance to get any kind of decent defense up.

We got lucky one round just because they didn't expect a heavy and stopped him before he left, but after that it was just conc after conc after conc. I was actually getting physically sick from being conced so much.
Sounds like someone needs to work on their soldier skills.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
cjeshjoir™
1-800-UNAGIPOWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxamillion View Post
how is it the same height? TFC you go like 1 mile up... your map you go 20yards up
Thats because gravity hates you. Dont blame the map.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #32
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
haha 'made me l.o.l.'
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
FooLio

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
That looks pretty friggen sweet
FooLio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #34
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

I seriously can't imagine that what Gwarsbane said is true...there's only 2 ways out of the flagroom (unless you've changed something) and it's not that hard.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #35
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
I seriously can't imagine that what Gwarsbane said is true...there's only 2 ways out of the flagroom (unless you've changed something) and it's not that hard.
Well it is true, by the time I get to the flag room right out of spawn there is someone already in our flag room going for and taking the flag.

And I'm not talking about me using a heavy, I was using an engi and bunny hopping the whole way.

There are only 2 ways out of the spawn and while I always seemed to be behind everyone I could get out basically quick.

But as long as the other team has 1 decent conc jumper they are there just as fast as anyone coming from that top spawn.

I don't know if I have a demo from that night or not, but ask Nubs. He'll jus say I'm complaining and trying to make the game slow when it should be fast, but he will confirm he was getting to my flag room the same time as I was and he was on the other team.

As to the comment about just needing a good soldier... lot of good that would do when they would already have the flag by the time he would get into the flag room and he would be on his way out.

And even then what goes does it do if you're conced or at a distance as the scout or even medic can conc faster then the rockets.

Limiting the number of scouts and medics is a good way to go, or at the very least limiting them to 1 conc each and even limiting the grenade bag to hand out everything but concs.

Again the game should be fast, but there is fast and there was just too fast. There shouldn't be 6 or 7 caps in the first 10 minutes when teams are 7vs7 even with a crappy defense a round should take more then a minute and 20 to 25 seconds

Just give it a try and see how it works. I'm sure there will be complains about it being "too slow" but its better then clearing a server of people who are not having any fun because the rounds are so short.

Some might find that fun in a clan/league/pickup setting but in pubs its not. We're there for fun only but when you can't even make it to your own flag room before someone on the other team to set up a defense then its just no fun.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #36
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

I'm sorry, but I just honestly don't see how it's that bad. First off, there is a 60 second delay before the mid-yard flags are available, so to say that they are getting BOTH those flags and making it to their base before someone can stop them in under 20 seconds...is a bit far fetched. But your saying they are not only doing that, but also getting your flag too in all that time? That's 3 flags (iirc...been ages since I played, but from the screenies in the op that looks right) in 1min 20sec, and if there is someone that can cap that fast in a public setting...I want them to join my clan b/c dam!

I really think this is just a problem of extremely unbalanced teams, though. Because I just can't see letting a single scout/med beat me into and out of my fr before I can kill them.

idk though...I'm off tomorrow, so mb I'll try to jump onto a pub and check for myself.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #37
The Drizzle
D&A Member

Class/Position: Sniper Defense
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [o-t]
Quote:
I really think this is just a problem of extremely unbalanced teams, though. Because I just can't see letting a single scout/med beat me into and out of my fr before I can kill them.
That is the problem right there. Also. . .many people have not even played TFC and dont understand the concept of this map yet. Most pub games are all DM spam. On Flagrun. . .you absolutely need O and D. Higher skilled players should try to even out the teams so the matches are not one sided. (just until people get use to the map)

p.s 4 engies in the flagroom??? come on. . .dont be a pussy like that

Last edited by The Drizzle; 12-29-2009 at 12:14 PM.
The Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #38
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just honestly don't see how it's that bad. First off, there is a 60 second delay before the mid-yard flags are available, so to say that they are getting BOTH those flags and making it to their base before someone can stop them in under 20 seconds...is a bit far fetched. But your saying they are not only doing that, but also getting your flag too in all that time? That's 3 flags (iirc...been ages since I played, but from the screenies in the op that looks right) in 1min 20sec, and if there is someone that can cap that fast in a public setting...I want them to join my clan b/c dam!

idk though...I'm off tomorrow, so mb I'll try to jump onto a pub and check for myself.
It takes something like 30 seconds to a minute before the 2 in the middle are released.

It only takes a decent scout conjumper seconds at most to get from his spawn to the enemy flag room and grab a flag and then conc out of there. This is no where near enough time to set up any kind of defense. Even if you had everyone run for the flag room, the scout is already to the flag and on his way out.

and I really don't care if you believe me or not. I see it with my own eyes, 6 to 7 times right in a row. Rounds ending seconds after the 2 flags in the middle get released. Because at least during that game 2 decent scout conc jumpers were able to get their hands on both flags quickly and as soon as they were out of that box in the top they conc jumped back into their base.

Up till that point I loved the map, it was great, but the second you get 1 or 2 decent conc jumpers on 1 side it doesn't matter how good your defense is because they have already taken your flag.

Again I like fast moving games, but there has to be a limit to how fast a game is played.

I'm still looking to see if I have a demo of that night. I usually record most of my games, but sometimes I type a wrong letter in record (typing too fast) or I forget to start a demo.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #39
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
It takes something like 30 seconds to a minute before the 2 in the middle are released.
it takes 60 seconds...I checked before I posted that

wrt the rest...again I'm saying it comes down to a matter of balance IMO. Although it might be a good idea tomake it like a AvD map where you have like 60 seconds to set up a D first...then the round starts after that.

And It's not that I don't totally believe you I just don't see how it got that bad.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 12-30-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #40
NuBS

First off, Not trying to be a jerk or offend anyone, But the defense on Gwars team during the match in question was not very good. It is true that I was beating him to his own flag, and we'd snatch the two mid flags and be gone. But that's only because I'm very familiar with the map, and know how to reach the flag in 10 seconds or less after round start. Mpa is fine, CLass limits are fine, I'm going with operator error on this one.
NuBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, flagrun, tfc