Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #321
o_shootthechicken

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah, I like the copilot's head there, neat little feature, but I like the Japanese/Mec attack chopper more because it's not there.
o_shootthechicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2005, 12:23 PM   #322
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
without. i'm bad enough at dogfighting when i can see, let alone when i can't :p

more to the point, because i suck at dogfighting, i go for ground targets, and so i need my lower half of the screen visible (dive bombing also works well for me)
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #323
o_darksoul

i got bf2 yesterday
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #324
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
im always in first person mode whenever flying but i turn the cockpit crap off - it just gets in the way

you don't need that junk showing as you can see if you're level and what not w/o all that crap

and im decent at dogfighting and love bombing in the f-15/su-34

im always crusing at max speed w/o using afterburners as the planes get really stupidly sluggish when im not holding down the forward key, heh

i got the aerial ribbon so i really don't care about flying a jet anymore - it's more of something to do if im bored

helicopter gunner w/ the splash damage gun is where it's at - except for when the stupid thing isn't causing any damage ARGH. and the tv missiles rule when your pilot [jesse] can get you a view of the target. a lot of random pilots just try to go out and rocket everything so the gunner is pretty much a waste then...

Old 09-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #325
o_broodingdude

I am truly horrible at flying. When I do, I just take the damn thing to one of my teammates that CAN fly and yell at him to hop in and take over. I can move people from point A and land safely at point B, I mean, but not really fly in a combat scenario.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #326
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Yeah, you might have seen this before, but it's new to me:

BF2 Special Forces Expansion Pack thing

Old 09-14-2005, 07:43 PM   #327
o_v0id

I'm playing it to.
my Xfire is Respawn182 add me.. we should frag sometime.
o_v0id is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #328
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

That expansion pack looks disappointing. The infantry combat & physics in BF2 are definitely the weakest parts of the game, so I can't really see an extension based entirely on those areas being great, or rivalling games that do it as their primary focus.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #329
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I'm not fond of the fact that they're working so hard on their next commercial release, while somewhat ignoring the existing problems in BF2...

Oh well, they won't make any money releasing patches.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #330
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Yeah, I think the next patch has already been pushed back again... so, now it's set for a release in October.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #331
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
The infantry combat & physics in BF2 are definitely the weakest parts of the game
id only agree as far as when they try taking on vehicles and aircraft. its just too easy to get killed when youre infantry on a mission, and a jeep just pops up over the hill and runs you clean over, or you get bombed and catapulted a mile into the sky (where's the realistic physics in that?), or better still, an APC comes to cap your point, and you cannot get close enough to C4 it, or get time to drop a few SRAWs/ERYXs into it, and from attempting this, die about 6 times trying.

yea, infantry sucks against vehicles, but I vs I rules

Old 09-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #332
o_salty milkshake

Another pointless moan! :

I was playing last night, driving a tank through a village, a black hawk is repairing over a helipad, he looses control of it slightly and veers across my path (I was giving it a wide berth as well) he explodes a fraction of a second before me, the BH was full, I get a shit load of negative points

Start of a round later on, different server, I jump in tank, driving along, scanning left and right for team mates who aren't looking where they're going (i'm always super careful) I stop to let one guy past, continue, then 2 people literally throw themselves in my path, can't stop, get kicked for excessive TKing.

It's a great game, but sometimes I'm ready to put my head through the screen...
o_salty milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #333
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

these days, TKs don't really hold ground as someone trying to spoil the game, its now down to infantry/pilots/drivers not looking where theyre going, when they drive over mines or step in front of vehicles and such.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #334
o_broodingdude

I've had the best experience ever last weekend on BF2. I joined an actual good server (you all know, the kind we dream about? Where accidental TK's are recognized and forgiven, and nearly everyone, including the admins, are being mature?), and a damn good squad. 3 of which were clanners. I kept pace with them and actually gained a rank (oh yes... I bought full version now! :P) I laughed my ass off when they would scream about an APC coming in to the cap area. I'd just hide and C4 his ass. We were all on voice comms and well... communication was excellent. We actually provided cover on the two south hills of Island Sweep Map (I am not sure if that's the actual name of it!) covering straight across East and West. 3 snipes and I counted 2 supports and a medic to own the hills so we can rain bloody hell down in to the last base. Other people actually took cover patterns on any way out of the base to protect against back capping. Heh, one person even stayed behind to re-blow the enemy artillary when the enemy commander dropped supplies. Our commander was conscious enough to even drop to resupply the spec ops! Babble babble babble. Yeah.. cool beans.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #335
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
The infantry combat & physics in BF2 are definitely the weakest parts of the game
id only agree as far as when they try taking on vehicles and aircraft. its just too easy to get killed when youre infantry on a mission, and a jeep just pops up over the hill and runs you clean over, or you get bombed and catapulted a mile into the sky (where's the realistic physics in that?), or better still, an APC comes to cap your point, and you cannot get close enough to C4 it, or get time to drop a few SRAWs/ERYXs into it, and from attempting this, die about 6 times trying.

yea, infantry sucks against vehicles, but I vs I rules
By 'weakest', I meant the actual part of the game and its execution, not the infantry strength relative to other units/vehicles.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #336
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

yeah, it's a ton of fun when the faggot punishers aren't around

like the ones who get in front of your airplane so you'll kill them when you take off (because you can hit your use button faster and beat them in the plane)

or the ones who jump onto the helicopter windshield so when you take off you kill them (because you can hit your use button faster and beat them in the helicopter)

or the ones who drive a jeep onto the runway (because you can hit your use button faster and beat them in the plane) as you're taking off (like you have any chance to stop or avoid it... and all three in the jeep punish you)

i don't punish for anything except very obvious times when they could have avoided killing me

im still waiting for karma to come back around and give me an awesome game without these kinds of idiots...

Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #337
o_broodingdude

A little advice:

Watch the ones you accidentally TK. If the TK punish comes up INSTANTLY after the fact, then they are hacking. I have seen NO OPTION that just lets you punish teamkills by default.

Accuse that person of hacking and report it to an admin. Instant punishes are complete bull.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:01 PM   #338
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Some servers force punish or force forgive. It's a setting that admins can choose, afaik.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #339
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

i dont think it shows up as a punish on screen though like in vote servers, just the "teamkill" business usually indicates the fact you fucked your stats. i use GSA to search for forgive only servers these days

Old 09-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #340
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I don't care about my stats, so I don't mind tking idiots. If you are playing with me, and do care about your stats, just ask me: I'll tk for you
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote