Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #21
Jet Pack Pyro
Guy who steals your fries

Class/Position: Offensive Pyro
Gametype: Waterpolo, when I'm pyro? yes
Affiliations: I'm a loner...
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I would like to share my knowledge on three pyro movement techniques I've come across. These should help with making getaways, attacking the base, or just general confusion of the enemy.
There is actually a method to do an extremely high vertical jump with just your flamethrower. All you do is; Jump, shoot your flamethrower straight up (this should shoot you to the ground) with an autojump ready (press and hold jump in the middle of your jump). This should give you a ridiculous vertical boost, and if you want to advance it further, ppoint your flamethrower straight down as soon as you do your second jump to gain even MORE height.
NOTE: This technique works even better on ramps.
This is an awesome technique to get some height without wasting time priming a grenade or taking the damage from an IC jump, but it takes some practice to master.
There is one other technique I know that will help a lot with capping the flag on maps with elevators (2fort, in particular). Just toss a flag grenade on the ground directly below where you want to fly, wait for it to be about halfway primed, jump directly over it and shoot your flamethrower straight down. It should detonate when you get to the peak of your flamethrower jump, giving you a huge vertical boost.
This move is called the IC multijump. All you do is jump while shooting your IC while running backwards. While in the air, you need to react fast; IMMEDIATELY shoot another rocket directly below and a little bit in front of you (remember, you're moving backwards). The explosion should propel you backwards without taking any fall damage, just IC damage. If you have skill, you can do this until you run out of health or ammo, whichever comes first.
Jet Pack Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #22
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
>1 year old thread, but yeah.

Double jump + flame push destroys.