Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #21
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
What you don't know is that squeek actually is in the game when you least expect it. All those WhenFFWillOut's?

Yeah, those are squeek. Every last one of them.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #22
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
You're apart of the team.
Can you not read?
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
anything ctf is trash unless organized and even then it's kind of "meh."
I'm not the most objective person to comment on this, but was pub CTF really loads of fun before the latest patch? The vast majority of CTF games I've played it's mainly been 1-3 guys capping over and over again, maybe 1-3 people defending the flag, and everyone else (usually at least half the players) just yard DM'ing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff
but the truth is, most people who still play this game play it because they've made some sort of relation with other players, thus carrying a wanting to play with them to make the atmosphere funner and better (oh hey, this bud is playing FF, I think I'll join him).
I'm wondering where you're getting the data that "most" players in FF play this way. I'm someone who's been playing this since 2007 and I don't really know any of the people who play (except for my friends from RL who quit after the 2.1 changes). I care primarily about how the game plays. If it plays well, I have fun with it. I'm sure a lot of new players (which is the demographic FF wants) won't have strong connections starting off either. Also I have to question your objectivity on this matter after seeing this quote before:
Quote:
As far as TF2 goes. That's 700 people who were never apart of the original fortress experience. And honestly, out of 700 people, I'd rather play with the same 20 all the time.
Quote:
if FF had some 700 players, made up of a bunch of communities, I would most likely stick with O-T and perhaps another server that had people I knew well playing in it + the pickup scenario.
You're saying yourself that your view is kind of insular that you prefer to play with the same people regardless of what else is happening. That's fine and you're probably representing their views well, however it doesn't necessarily mean it's MOST of the players.
Quote:
The only major curve in this road though is that instead of them saying "This game is awesome, dude," to the ones they enjoy playing with, they say "lol, this patch sucks." followed by their friends simply stating "lol, yep." as they continue to blow one another to ragdoll heaven.
Out of curiousity, what sorts of gameplay changes do you think would have had the group of people you play with saying "this is awesome" instead of "it sucks"? My experience is that when you have an established fanbase of something, doing ANYTHING different gets a certain percentage of them upset. The question is to distinguish do they not like something because it's different, period, or not like it because of a laundry list of problems and weaknesses that can be illustrated and are creating real problems for them.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 07-28-2011 at 11:15 PM.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #24
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
Quote:
herpa derp
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Squeek has made an incredibly good argument ending point that needs to be looked at again. These few servers don't equal the entire community.

More importantly, they have the freedom to do what they choose and change their settings so they may play in the manor they prefer. There is no need to revert back to an old style just because some people want to play that way. They already can play that way, and they are, and they are liking it.

Squeek worked on his update, and produced it. I happen to like it. So I will play on servers that have it. I am of course, not picky so I will also play on servers that don't have it, provided there are humans also playing. That's all I care about. I don't feel it is necessary to revert, or even ask to revert back to an older version.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #26
DarkieJ

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Okay.. i readed alot here in this topic. Firstoff thanks you devs for updating FF again .

And i really liked this update, Alot things feels alot better now.
I only hope more people will come again and recheck it out if there where more players (Servers) okay (we have a few active ones). But you know more is always better.
DarkieJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 AM   #27
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
herpa derp
Infraction.
User received a warning for this post

Last edited by eomoyaff; 07-29-2011 at 05:25 AM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #28
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Infraction.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #29
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
Squeek has made an incredibly good argument ending point that needs to be looked at again. These few servers don't equal the entire community.

More importantly, they have the freedom to do what they choose and change their settings so they may play in the manor they prefer. There is no need to revert back to an old style just because some people want to play that way. They already can play that way, and they are, and they are liking it.

Squeek worked on his update, and produced it. I happen to like it. So I will play on servers that have it. I am of course, not picky so I will also play on servers that don't have it, provided there are humans also playing. That's all I care about. I don't feel it is necessary to revert, or even ask to revert back to an older version.
I actually liked the changes overall. Perhaps a little tweak here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
provided there are humans also playing. That's all I care about.
That backs up my saying about the truth in why most people still play FF. It's the interaction over the features that are mainly important to MOST players. As long as they can come on everyday, say hey to the people they know, and have a good time in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity
I'm wondering where you're getting the data that "most" players in FF play this way. I'm someone who's been playing this since 2007 and I don't really know any of the people who play (except for my friends from RL who quit after the 2.1 changes). I care primarily about how the game plays. If it plays well, I have fun with it. I'm sure a lot of new players (which is the demographic FF wants) won't have strong connections starting off either. Also I have to question your objectivity on this matter after seeing this quote before:
I think you'd understand more if you played a lot like most of those players who enjoy the time they spend with other players during their playing hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity
I'm not the most objective person to comment on this, but was pub CTF really loads of fun before the latest patch? The vast majority of CTF games I've played it's mainly been 1-3 guys capping over and over again, maybe 1-3 people defending the flag, and everyone else (usually at least half the players) just yard DM'ing.
Yes it was loads of fun. It was loads of fun before that even. And even now with this new patch, it's fun. (I'm glad the pickup games are stock patch as well. I like to play both pub and pickup.)

I don't know how good you are at this game san, but personally I know that it's really fun for me al lthe time because I know everything, head to toe about the game about every class, how to run them, and when. I might not be the best at some of them -- need to put them all in to practice, but to understand everything about the game, ya, you're going to have fun, always. (unless someone is trolling up a server.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
Can you not read?
I can read, everyday actually. But you apparently overlooked something. I asked

Quote:
How many idea's were actually added to this patch that came from regular player's who were not apart of the beta team or dev team?
Thus you are apart of the team. Gj.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #30
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Also, this was before I was a web dev.
hence

Quote:
herpa derp
He wasn't a dev for a good few months after (I don't know how many). Don't forget he's only our web bitch lol
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 07-29-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #31
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Enough... you guys sound like this:

Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #32
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
hence

He wasn't a dev for a good few months after (I don't know how many). Don't forget he's only our web bitch lol
I was a beta tester for oh, 3 years?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #33
Jay Mofo Mills
Jay|mOfO|Mills
Beta Tester

Gametype: Snag the flag beotches
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
I just seiously laughed out loud looking at the pic post from Ricey and Iggy....
Jay Mofo Mills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #34
AtomicSphinCteR
D&A Member

Class/Position: Conc. vs object suicides
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Moya makes more good points than I care to quote here...

As a pub player, deciding which server to play on is usually a pretty straightforward process.....join the ONLY populated U.S. pub server.

When I have the luxury of choosing from several populated servers, I will always go to the server that has people on it that I enjoy playing FF with.
The quality ( not necessarily skill level ) of the players trumps which version of the game they are running. I would rather alter my style of gameplay and just have fun than play FF 'right' with a bunch of clogged up douchenozzles.

Kudos to Kube for trying to keep his server true to the most current version AND populated with good people.

Thanks Devs, love the updates, love the game, let's keep this damn thing alive.
AtomicSphinCteR is offline   Reply With Quote