Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #161
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Or if you save often enough do everything except the last story mission and then do everything else, and then do the last story mission when you're ready.

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #162
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Fawkes and Charon both poke holes in the end mission big enough to fit Liberty Prime through.

They couldn't come up with an even remotely better ending? You wouldn't think it'd be that hard.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #163
eternity94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous View Post
Fawkes and Charon both poke holes in the end mission big enough to fit Liberty Prime through.

They couldn't come up with an even remotely better ending? You wouldn't think it'd be that hard.
What actually happened was that the recruitable npcs were incorporated into the game after the whole main campaign had been made and so it left a plot hole that would have to remake the whole ending campaign levels to do it right. They decided not to do that.

The 3rd DlC Broken Steel" will actually change the ending and make it playable after the end plus a promised level cap increase, perks and weapons.
eternity94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #164
YomMamasHouse

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Oh wow I wish I knew about that, I will have to try that. I still hate fawkes, I may have to leave him in his room for eternity, stupid dipshit.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #165
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity94 View Post
What actually happened was that the recruitable npcs were incorporated into the game after the whole main campaign had been made and so it left a plot hole that would have to remake the whole ending campaign levels to do it right. They decided not to do that.

The 3rd DlC Broken Steel" will actually change the ending and make it playable after the end plus a promised level cap increase, perks and weapons.
There are no ending "levels," just a script activating a bunch of spawn points for Tesla Armored goons and barricades, a script that operates Liberty Prime, and the ending dialogue.

It took them more time to record Fawkes and Charon blowing you off than it would have to re-write that ending to something less shitty.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #166
eternity94

Quote:
There are no ending "levels," just a script activating a bunch of spawn points for Tesla Armored goons and barricades, a script that operates Liberty Prime, and the ending dialogue.

It took them more time to record Fawkes and Charon blowing you off than it would have to re-write that ending to something less shitty.
Im just saying what the devs had to say on the issue. I dont know much about coding, but i would think there would have to have a lot more work done, not just coding. The whole ending would have to be rewritten into something else and would also have to change many things about npcs to get it to work.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #167
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

The only issue was that it killed you.

If they'd simply made it not kill you it'd be fifteen times better. You could keep playing, there'd be no stupid plot holes, life could go on.

"BUT WHY ISN'T THE WATER CLEAN?!"

The stupid thing didn't work.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #168
eternity94

Quote:
The only issue was that it killed you.

If they'd simply made it not kill you it'd be fifteen times better. You could keep playing, there'd be no stupid plot holes, life could go on.

"BUT WHY ISN'T THE WATER CLEAN?!"

The stupid thing didn't work.
I agree to some extent, but I know why they did it.

They wanted you to make the same sacrifice your father did, because the whole game was based around this aspect of finding your father and the relationship you had with him.

I dont really care all that much, because i will be getting the Broken Steel DlC. But till then, I will just not finish the last quest till im actually done.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #169
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I downloaded a mod that allows you to keep playing after the main quest, though I haven't seen its effects yet since I haven't done the last quest. Going around and doing everything else I can find first. The biggest thing it [the mod] would have to do is just make all of the river non-radioactive. It already handles the other things. Even the Colonel from the Enclave "retires."
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #170
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
mmmk so i just started playing this for ps3 and i hate it. i stole a pack of cigarettes from that bitch moira or whatever and the mercenary started shooting at me so i killed him. i walk outside and now the whole fucking town of megaton is shooting at me like a bunch of cunts. stupid.

oh yeah. and for some reason my guns will no longer shoot unless i jump or enter and exit my pip boy. what a glitchy piece of shit.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Last edited by Skanky Butterpuss; 07-01-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #171
cjeshjoir™
1-800-UNAGIPOWA

Gametype: AvD, Spirit of TFC
Affiliations: ™.AvD
Send a message via AIM to cjeshjoir™ Send a message via Skype™ to cjeshjoir™
Fallout 3 completed in 30m09s

/thread

" In my opinion the testing team isn't really made for or of public players, it's made for competative players... " ¹ -Scuzzy (post# 462713)
cjeshjoir™ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #172
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
mmmk so i just started playing this for ps3 and i hate it. i stole a pack of cigarettes from that bitch moira or whatever and the mercenary started shooting at me so i killed him. i walk outside and now the whole fucking town of megaton is shooting at me like a bunch of cunts. stupid.

oh yeah. and for some reason my guns will no longer shoot unless i jump or enter and exit my pip boy. what a glitchy piece of shit.
You mean glitchy PS3 piece of shit?
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 07-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #173
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
I've got around 300 hours into the PS3 version of it and I found the same glitches that are in the 360 and PC version. That one is new to me. The only game breaking ones are those I got from the expansions, like infinite load times, horrible framerates and random freeze-ups. They know about them but I guess chose not to fix it since New Vegas is out so soon.

Oh, yah, and btw, if you steal someone's smokes, they're gonna kill you. Do you know how hard it is to find cigarettes that are still good 277 years after a nuclear apocalypse? Very fucking hard.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #174
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Bethesda has always made glitchy games, but if you can look past the glitches, you'll find that they make some incredible games.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #175
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Bethesda has always made glitchy games, but if you can look past the glitches, you'll find that they make some incredible games.
I fell through the world so many times in Morrowind that it stopped being funny. And it takes a lot of them to stop being funny.

You are a pirate!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #176
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Yea, but Morrowind was fuckin epic!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #177
YomMamasHouse

I find Bethesda is beginning the downhill slide that most game-makers are doing; Oblivion and Fallout 3 are fun, but in a lot of ways I think they over-simplified the games when compared to their predecessor Morrowind. I know a lot of people don't enjoy complexity and whine about it, but they have plenty of games which can satisfy their ADD-prone minds.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #178
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

They've got to hit the pockets of those people though, otherwise they can't afford to keep putting these games out.

But personally, I got 3x the amount of playtime out of Fallout 3 than Morrowind. I still had 100h or so in there, but I didn't play it through multiple times. Sadly, I can't even get into Oblivion. It looks beautiful and I want to play it, but not bad enough to actually do so.

You are a pirate!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #179
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Sadly, I can't even get into Oblivion. It looks beautiful and I want to play it, but not bad enough to actually do so.

That's what I said a couple years ago. I played it the first time through in like 2008, and thought it sucked. I've been playing it again lately, but have been playing it differently, put the main quest completely on the backburner and just go out and do quests or whatever you enjoy. There's just as much content in Oblivion as there was in Morrowind, it's just a lot more hidden. The one major gripe I have with Oblivion, is that it's more levelled, a less static than Morrowind. For example, if you wanted glass or ebony armor early in the game in Morrowind, you could use some tricks and pure luck and get whatever you wanted. Now, you just wait until a certain level and it randomly drops. Kinda dumb :/