Old 10-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF_ANDEVER (WIP -- Found the Files!!)

--Edit

mediafire link to files

-----------
Status: Gonna take the time to finish this off and polish it instead of making a beta thats not close to finished yet. WOrking on lights atm, which I haven't played with much yet so I'm learning as I go. Having some problems figuring out how to make the inside prettier, mappers block I guess lol.

Planned to have this out by Halloween as atleast beta and done by patch day (lol psycic), but now I think I will take my time on it, maybe work on some other maps that I don't plan to make as pretty, or atleast turn a bunch of my planned maps into base_gametypes for people (got like 10 listed atm).

New pic!

Quote:

Some stuff I added to the center, func_breakable walls, and some wood planks that you can see to the left that make the det area more of a attack instead of escape route (which seemed like its only use before lol).
-----------

Been working on this for a while, started it a long time ago then picked it up again when FF released, and atm it is almost ready for Beta.

These shots are a little old, not much changed, but they came out kinda dark (I fixed them up some), so I will most likely replace these all when I make a beta release.

Onto the goods

Quote:
FF_ANDEVER CTF

Here is a shot from the sky, showing the Red base and middle map.

Green sky shot.
Quote:

Here is the front of the red base.
Quote:

Here is the other side of the battlements (the other side of the railing/vines is the sniper windows from last shot). The window beside the team logo is the gas spawn. There are a few double jumps you can do in this shot as well, to the right you can jump onto the wall (and again up to some higher terrain), from there you can jump to the walkway and then again off the railing onto the base roof. There is a mound of dirt to the left of the screen that you can jump onto base with as well, the other side of that wall is the det grate area.

Red Det Grate.
Green Gas Room
Inside base near gasspawn/detgrates
Quote:

Here is the flag bunker and cap point. The flag is in the lower part of that bunker. You can get to it either through this bunker, which has a ladder and a spot you can drop down to flag, or through the main base (you can kinda see one base exit in lower right of the screen). You can double jump up the walls to each side of bunker, or use the ladder in the cap area. You can also double jump from the rail to cap roof, the other two roofs are a bit too high (pyro can make it with flame/doublejump). Im not that good of a concer, but i HAVE made it from cap point to cap point. Like I said I'm not a good concer so that will be one thing I want to test.

Green Hallway (this is the exit you can see kinda)
Green Flag Bunker
Green Cap
Green Flag Room 1
Green Flag Room 2
Quote:

Here is the backway, that comes through the warehouse. There is a door down through here that is closed when the map starts.
Quote:

And finally, the warehouse spawn area. To the left of this shot is the lever, that will turn off this spawn and open the backway door. You can double jump the rails onto the beams and place sentrys.
Basically, both teams have a LEVER in their warehouse spawn. The other team can come in, turn it off, then you cant spawn there anymore, they can take your resupply bags and the backdoor opens. Not only that, but it also UNLOCKS the gaschamber button. If a enemy hits that button, it will disable your flag spawn as well leaving only the gaschamber spawn (which will also kill you for 15 seconds). The gaschamber button locks itself when used, so only 1 use per warehouse disable. Your team can take back the warehouse at the lever once its been used and if you get the spawn back before someone gases you, you can spawn at the warehouse and gaschamber spawn during a gas attack.

THINGS TODO:

Make Gas Chamber give the player that hit the button kills (hopefully)
Tweak Terrain
Tweak Lights
Work on sounds some
Hud Icons
Finish Doorways
Fix up rooftops
Finish Detail
Loading Map (needs work still)
NoBuilds
Makes things prettier inside
Fix 3d sky
Adjust LUA (pickups etc)
Water (kinda messy still)
Finish Rain (logic timer has it going from light to full rain and back again, too short needs to be more random and longer rain times for each)

Misc Tweaks

DONE (for now):

Fly Throughs (overview and interest)
Power Cables
Buttons Give Points
Finish Center
Smoke Weed [CHECK]

Most of this I can do after a beta I think though. I will mess with it more and lan test it with my bro a few times before I make a beta compile.

My full LUA that I have atm is posted in that thread, if you know how to make the trigger hurts give players kills, or just want to help optimize it, post in that thread please ;P

Last edited by Major Lee High; 04-18-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Files
Major Lee High is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
span

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Love it, great theme.. i was waiting for something like this!
span is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Epothon

Looking great, one little comment on the atmosphere, its a bit to grey and dull, hope you can implement some nice fancy lighting or something
Epothon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
i like what you did with the name
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
i like what you did with the name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epothon
Looking great, one little comment on the atmosphere, its a bit to grey and dull, hope you can implement some nice fancy lighting or something
Yeah for some reason the screens came out really dark so I had to brighten them some, in game it looks alot nicer (for me anyway, might be my gamma or something so ill test that out). Ive already made it a bit brighter and atm I'm working on making the middle yard more interesting and fixing some light/brush problems (I'll post a new pic when I get happy with it).

It is rainy and foggy though, late evening or night, so I do want it to be kinda grey.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
stino

the late night rain and fog cause the atmospheric lighting to be gray, but a bit more yellow and contrast (spotlights where you see the cones on the walls, ...) on the lights will give the bases a little more color
stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I see what you did with the name xD.

Looking good!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

good name + good map = win
punkrockrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
aww I was thinking that name would have been reserved for a map like forever2 or dub_forever... Anyway, nice map.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 AM   #10
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
aww I was thinking that name would have been reserved for a map like forever2 or dub_forever... Anyway, nice map.
Or those maps could keep their names so people know what they are

Hopefully my map doesnt suck horribly, I will try to make sure that doesn't happen and the name fits the map ;P

Pics updated!!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
own3r
Custom mapper

The (interior) lighting definitely needs a bit more definition to it, its very bland, I am thinking all the lights are white, Correct?. If so you should add some colour in there and add some high and lower level areas keeping the general light level heigh.

Themes with lighting:
Blue hues covay coldness
Red hues hot
Orange is an inviting 'homely' glow and a good one to go for, for the majority of situations but mixing it up is always a good idea. Heres an example;

If you want some help cutting down your compile times I can help you out if you want.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #12
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Yeah I haven't really messed with lighting yet, they are all white/grey except for some that are team colored and some yellowish ones from when i started it a long time ago.

I'm going to start making the interior prettier, mainly focused on outside since FF came out cause thats where I found lots of fun jumps and things to work with, so the interior got ignored alot.

I've been meaning to work on lights by adding some of the nice effects, but my pc sucks so i held off on that incase I couldn't see the effects.

About compiling I probably will need some help there. I'm just using the default compile stuff (I see people talk about not using them but I haven't found any info on others) but I would like to figure out how to make a batch compiler or whatever, so I can close hammer and stuff which I had open last time. vvis took 14 hours, my bsp takes like 48 seconds, lighting went pretty fast too. Not sure if bsp should be that fast or not.

I can post the compile log from my last full one if you want, there are a few errors in there I've been meaning to ask about, but no leaks and the map seems fine.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
Tyrant
Beta Tester

sadface WHERE IS IT (
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #14
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Been a while, like 8 years lol.

Honestly I had thought I lost this map in a pc crash but I was going through some old hard drives and found it the other day, and I see that this is still being updated

If anyone wants to play this or finish it here are the files I found:

FF_ANDEVER Files its a messy zip but you guys can figure it out lol, make sure to put the material folder in for the water (dunno why I had to do that).

There are some old ones in there and the most recent. Iirc the newest one is cut in half because I was changing the flag room a bit and redoing the lighting/changing the team to blue, but the most recent complete one I loaded up into the new version and ran around without really any problems (plus i would rather have green team).

If anyone wants to finish it up go ahead, the only things I noticed really while running around in the complete one were lots of objects being to shiny which might be my graphics, there is a "construction" block to build a ramp that needs to be finished to look better, needs a load screen redone and some lighting + little things.

If you just play the map:

The wood barriers at the start need to be blown up/shot
The warehouse spawn can be turned off by the enemy so both teams can get supplies and the door opens for the back way
There is a block that builds a ramp outside each base
There is a grate that can be blown up by the ramp box
There is a button by the battlements that will force the team to spawn in that room for a bit while it fills with gas
Almost the entire map can be accessed by double jumping and should be pretty optimized
Not sure if everything works with other players

I am sure there is a lot more but that's what I remember, I always regretted losing this one and meant to hunt for it when I saw FF get greenlight. Glad I found it and hope someone can give it the love it needs or at least have some fun playing it

Afaik its fine to run on a server if you use the newest complete one.

If I am missing anything or you guys have questions or get a game going hit me up @thelastbigthing

Sorry again for taking so long haha

Last edited by Major Lee High; 04-18-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Link Changed

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:55 AM   #15
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

I updated the link, if anyone knows a better place or has one let me know or grab it and go ahead (I haven't had to share a link in a while lol).

FF_ANDEVER Files

Last edited by Major Lee High; 04-18-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #16
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
"Download file
Please provide a valid email address. This e-mail provider cannot be used here. Try again with a different e-mail provider."

nty
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #17
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Changed to mediafire link

Old 04-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #18
KubeDawg