Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #41
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
It runs like shit on PC for me, so I cannot get into it. It's apparently an ATI thing but I have an Nvidia card.

The SMART system doesn't seem necessary, as the maps are rather enclosed and small. Crysis 2 did it better. Actually, Crysis 2 seems brilliant compared to Brink. Also, C2 is the best optimized game I have played in a long time.

I'll keep following the patches in hope for better performance and general gameplay... but I am losing interest each day.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
last night i had my first technical issues, with high latency and warping around on every server i tried to play on.. even when the lag didn't appear too bad (e.g. could run around fairly ok) it was no fun at all to play, and a completely different experience than i'd had before - i.e. it wasn't just a degraded experience of the same core gameplay (which i really liked with no lag), but the basic mechanics (such as hitreg, moving, and interacting with things) completely fell apart and it was just total crap tbh.

don't understand why it was so bad given i'd had no such problems whatsoever previously, but i hope they sort it out asap.

also, if anyone who has brink hasn't managed managed to experience playing with ppl (not bots) without any technical issues then i'd recommend you keep persevering and hope they fix it cos pld like that it was like a different game.
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #43
Paft
Beta Tester

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ion/3286-Brink

Old 05-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #44
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I've been trying to play Brink a bit since it has a neat concept. However, it continues to annoy me. Play with bots is like playing with a bunch of children with ADD... They will randomly leave areas unprotected and stuff which gets annoying.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #45
Paft
Beta Tester

Let's stop trying to find the tiny good points and face the fact that it is shit.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #46
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Itsa very fun game if your'e asking me!

my computer is rather outdated also
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #47
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
how shit is it? all games are shit anymore, i give up

*plays quakelive*
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #48
SomeOldGuy
older than dirt

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
how shit is it? all games are shit anymore, i give up
Someone else is a South Park fan?
SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #49
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Nope, he's just a cynical asshole.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #50
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
It was free this weekend on Steam. I gave it a try and it seemed fun, but the bots are so fucking ignorant that I didn't get a real chance to learn the gameplay. Maybe they'll put it on sale again and I'll grab it. If the community hasn't abandoned it, that is.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #51
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
I actually own brink. I have a near maxed Op on there. I played the other day and got 22 knife kills XD, 36 total. The Reactor map is good for flanking enemies.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #52
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
I tried it and it seemed kind of slow and boring to me. Oh well.

"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #53
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Having a 'super cool movement system' seems pointless when all it really is involves climbing ledges, saving 3 seconds tops, when all the levels are linear anyways.

And the combat is that crappy 2 weapon but everything is the same system, regenerating health, but dead in 3 bullets gameplay.

COD meets TF2.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #54
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

i don't think it's that simple.

imo brink does many things great in novel ways, but also does many things completely wrong (that i cba to even begin to list).

but the thing is, despite that, it's the only online game other than ff that i play atm and the only one in years that i've kept playing more than about a week. for noobing around on a public server (ps3) IF i'm in the mood to stop thinking about it too much [= at all?] (and if i can just stop wishing the devs who were responsible for the retarded bits had died in a car crash on their way to the mental clinic before development started..) then i enjoy it now and then, which is a novel experience for me with any vaguely recent game.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #55
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

I'm actually still playing brink practically everyday. I've maxed my Op and almost have my Medic maxed.

As far as the Smart System goes. If you play a skinny character, you can do all sorts of crazy shit. The other day I jumped up a small alley-way like area, one jump on one side, and jumped to the other, and dropped down behind an enemy and stabbed him. Probably the coolest thing I've done so far. But if you play with people you know ( I play with Jay) the game is a pure blast from start to finish. I think the problem with people is that they hyped the game up too much without considering that Brink was going to come to the public in a vanilla stage. They did some testing obviously within the company, and a few closed beta's, and as people say things negatively about they game, they find those issues and work them out. I mean they have the Stat system page now, which I love. Check it out:

My Stats Page.

And if you look on the main battle page (below), you'll see the "world" map for the game. They have a lot more maps they are working on. And if you scroll down from there you'll even see that they are about to release a huge clan patch to make leagues and tournaments worth something.

Brink's Battle Map

So really, I think that if you guys just keep checking up on it, it's going to get better and better. I'm still inticipating the future content.

And don't forget that they just released some content free, with 2 new maps, some new weapon attachments, some new abilities, and appearances. They're doing a good job I think, really!

Also, I'm going to actually start a clan because I get a lot of compliments from players about how well I do during matches. So if anyone still plays, and is interested when the clan content releases, hit me up. I'm currently putting together all the necessary essentials to make the clan a good one (server, IRC, Ventrillo, Webpage.)

Sorry for the long post, Just putting in my 2 dollars ;P

Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #56
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

just registered to get my stats, and they seem pretty wrong - i've not had much time to play games lately but i'm sure i've pld a load more than it says, and on the weapons page it says i've never used a bunch of the weapons that i definitely have.. anyhow, guess either the stats missed a period or they're still working on it.

http://ps3.brinkthegame.com/battlecow

moya, your stats say you just like to use smg's - are they right?

my favourite weapon by far is the mossington shotty (pretty similar to the ssg in ff..) as either heavy or medium body type, plus a big machine gun for heavy body type (maximus/gotlung depending on the mood for spray n pray lol). the autorifle-style point and click hitscan of smg's (that most fps put at their core) bores the hell out of me, but luckily brink nerfed them in the last update so now the above is effective enough to be fun (for dicking about on the ps3 where nobody can really "aim" anyway so i suppose weapons with periodic firing or big spreads are probably a lot more effective there than they are on the pc). if it wasn't for those weapons i don't think i'd have stuck with brink long at all.

also been meaning to check out the ez-nade since they apparantly pimped it in the last update, but haven't had a chance to yet. mb that'll be fun to use now.

for me brink is like a piece of shit with cherries in it, and i've been fed nothing but shit for so long now that this gourmet shit is a bit of a treat.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #57
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

I have to say that I do enjoy this peice of shit quite often.

Yes, I do use the Carb, A LOT. But primarily I set myself up for knife kills. The SMG just follows :P!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #58
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

turns out only "freeplay" matches count towards the stats database.. that explains most, but not all, of the wrongness for me.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #59
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

I think it's fair to say they made a right choice in only recording stats for freeplay only. The bots are so retarded that i've pulled well over 100 kills, and finished the best in medic, operative and soldier, most kills, and best overall. To have that show up on the stats page kinds of degrades the actual multiplayer stat aspect. I've had the best in medic and soldier with most kills and best overall in an actual player filled mp game on reactor. That's really hard to pull off, especially if there are players just as good as you in the server.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #60
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

well yeah i initially assumed that was their intention, but i've tested and for me it does include stats from private freeplay matches vs just bots..... so maybe that was what they meant to do but got it wrong lol. also, many of the stats that are there for each match seem complete bollox to me the more i look at them (e.g. i've looked at the stats straight after finishing a match and they're often just plain wrong).

maybe it's a feature.