Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Restructure #ff.pickup

Please restructure #ff.pickup.

Admins in FF pickup need to be role models of good play and attitude and professional in a sense. Most of the current admins are very far from this ideal and they need to be demoted to + level or just to regular idler level.

Admins cant be loyal to their little crews and clicks and favorite players, I see this everyday.. Needs to go. There can be no bias as an admin, they need to stay out of petty arguments and trolling even when provoked. Admin talk regarding players is reserved for the private admin channels regarding our community and each persons individual ability to play in ff.pickup. Admins need to be professionals.

Admin's are concerned with 1 thing creating a healthy, fair and productive environment for FF. Doing their best daily to achieve this goal.

I used to be admin... I unauthed because I don't think I even have what it takes to be admin and to be honest don't want to associate with half the admins.

Some current admins also take over and run your pickups without ur consent (when I start with + recently). They choose the capts or teams on a daily basis and troll and personally attack u when u suggest otherwise to their plans. This should not happen.

Some current admins are involved in petty personal attacks and stupid arguments daily in the channel and in pickup comz. They personally attack and insult players on a daily basis, usually the same players and cliques of admins and peers alike team up. Whether called for or not, this is unacceptable.

Bad admins will call u out in pickups when u aren't performing to their standards of play which u have to uphold to make them happy. If u mess up, they will make sure u know in a negative way at that moment and point the finger and use more negativity in order to get u to perform. Instead of telling what u can do to make the problem corrected, they just insult and belittle you.

Despite you trying your best they flood the commz about you when you make a mistake and unproductive comments and words that aid no one or anything come out blazing. If they lose or start losing, they blame and are the worst sore loser ever. They get mad when they lose, and they make it clear who they are mad at when they lose. Doesn't sound like an admin to me.

Admins should be able to lose gracefully, not get mad and point fingers. They should offer words of encouragement and instructions on how to fix the deficiencies on their team(s) instead of just calling people floodgates/bad/suck etc.

FF pickup has been so fucking toxic lately. It has been said for years this game has a bad community and now more than ever I am starting to see and believe what these current and lost players are saying.

In my opinion the only people right now who should truly have admin in ff pickup are neon and squeek. They really are a good example of what an admin should play, act and be in FF.

My intentions through this post are to clean up ff and get a new fresh start going with new rules and aspirations for a better community.

Although I hope not, I however think this post is just gonna turn into a flame fest. Notice how I used no names in a negative light. If you play enough, you will know the negative figures who I am speaking about. Maybe through reading this they will learn something about the way they are supposed to act as an admin.

-Thanks

Last edited by truplaya; 06-02-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Drama starting literally as I walk out the door. Have fun, guys. See you in a week.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 06-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
How about just get rid of the assholes who make it so toxic?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
agreed Truplaya.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 06-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I kind of agree with you. But I don't really think there's enough people to "restructure". I mean there's sincerely not enough unbiased non ragey petty people to run pickups as much as we do now. And that's because almost every body rages and gets into petty arguments. You're no exception and neither am I. The ones who don't, simply don't play that much. Some of them are busy, and some of them don't want to be around our toxic community. Either way they're not around consistently enough to run pickups.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
I have been an admin for many years now, and i haven't been the greatest admin, but i try my hardest to contribute to the community each and every day. I suggest this game to people to try to make the community grow. Am i better friends with some players rather than others? For the most part, but i am also very welcoming to new players and am always open to give gaming tips or even go into a server and teach a couple things to a new or rusty player, which to me is what all the admins should be doing, looking to build the player base.

One thing that i do want to note is that if you are a new player in this game, make it clear to everyone in the pickup channel before playing. Most players, if you ask, are willing join a server with you and show you the basics of the game before we get playing. Also, there are going to be people who play this game to WIN(let's face it...losing isn't fun,) so you can't blame some people on the team that are trying to win for getting upset when they lose. Hell I've seen grown men get upset when they lose in ping pong. If you are a new player in this game you have to have patience to get over the learning curve, and then even more patience to get over the skill-curve. THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

I am also very competitive. Most people in the pickup channel come there to compete,(its a competitive scene) and in competition as like all other sports and e-sports there will be said "clicks" or "teams" or "groups" of people who will stick together, who will disagree, and who will make the game difficult for some people. I don't remember the last time i played a game(with a small player base) without people like that.

I said all of that to say thisall my opinion)

Admins should be active and always contributing to the pickup channel. We cannot punish our admins for being competitive, because the whole point of the channel is to compete.

I can completely agree with OJ's points on the issues that he brought up. Although, i can only come up with one suggestion for a solution. We cant be cutting down the admin base(it is already small)We can however, create a strike system, or some type of forum(private forum to fill out and goes to private page that only admins can see) to complain about certain admins and issue for the admins, but they would have to be solid points and issues that have proof behind them. We could create a system for example: three LEGIT complaints with PROOF of someone being a badmin in one week then you lose your admin for a week. Your second time then you lose it for two weeks, third time a month, ect ect.

Let me know what you guys think about my idea.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Part of the reason I stopped playing is because of stupid bullshit that's being brought up already. The community is full of fuckwads, and the people at the top are the worst of them all. It's also bad when it's fucking dead obvious certain people are cheating but the admins do absolutely nothing about it (haven't like half or more of the people that played FF confessed to cheating at some point? It's not like anybody even gives a shit about it anymore, it's pathetic)

Hadez, it's too late for a "strike" system. It's been years and years, we don't need to fucking start that shit now so it can go on for another few years because nothing ever gets done.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadez View Post
We cannot punish our admins for being competitive, because the whole point of the channel is to compete.
There's a difference between being competitive and being a dick. Talking poorly to another player isn't going to make them play any better.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #9
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scoooooot
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
Hey guys, have you heard?

There's this dude running for president. He's got pluck. He's got moxie. He's got what it takes to undouche FF!

vote largos for prez 2024
vote largos for headmin 2013

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Largos Neon 2013/2024

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #11
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Largos Neon 2013/2024
That's 2 votes. WHO"S WITH US?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #12
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Lynus
All we need is someone who is unbiased. It's really not that fucking difficult of a situation to correct. Every pickup is logged, IRC is logged, the problem is that none of the current admins give a fuck. It should be - If you have a problem, go to an admin who will take 10 minutes out of their day to investigate. Each month the duty should shift into someone elses hands so it doesn't become tedious for that admin constantly watching logs/demos.

Oh and having clear and concise rules instead of loose arbitrary ones would help. Currently if rules are broken(by certain players not associated with BOSS), punishment is only dished out if the pickup was 'close' or 'serious'. IRC also has a loose rule structure and by loose I mean none. Kick/Ban at your personal begrudging discretion. The proof is in the puddin bub.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
Oh and having clear and concise rules instead of loose arbitrary ones would help.
We tried that once, it was met with a great deal of hostility. We even pleaded for players input on the rules themselves and got little more than a big middle finger.

And with that said it's hard for an admin to "give a fuck". Because most disciplinary actions regardless of their validity are met with rage from not only the offender, but everyone else who plays. Usually "we can't afford to ban people in a small community" is tossed around alot by the players. Even though most bans are 24h.

Last edited by FDA_Approved; 06-03-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #14
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
It's also bad when it's fucking dead obvious certain people are cheating but the admins do absolutely nothing about it (haven't like half or more of the people that played FF confessed to cheating at some point?
You have been on this soapbox for years, Ray.

When I was an active admin, I was willing and happy to look at any demos given to me about accusations. I just needed the player to ask me, "Hey, I think this guy did some funny stuff this game. Will you look at the demo for me?" Only twice was I ever asked to look at someone's demo. I was also willing to look at and did look at demos of player's accused of ruining.

If those people who aren't admins are willing to do more than just sit back complain and actually try to contribute and help out things might improve. As it stands, the admins are a catch-all for every complaint in FF.pickup, which isn't a good thing.

Sorry Ray, I can only listen to so many of your baseless accusations of players using console commands to build sgs faster before I tune it out.

Being an admin blows. Not sure if the community is aware of that, but it does.

Last edited by homie in reboks'; 06-03-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #15
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
Oh and having clear and concise rules instead of loose arbitrary ones would help.
Knock yourself out, champ.
FF.Pickup Rules: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ules%201.4.doc

Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #16
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I get it OJ, I guess after that joke "wow nice det...hahahahaha" you took it so personal that you had to threaten me by saying "im gonna come see you in jersey" and then followed up with this post.

Listen I get it. Some stuff that you say is sort of true. But hadez nailed it, this game is about being competitive, we organize competitive pickups because we all have agreed that playing pubs isnt exactly the 'right' way of playing this game.

OJ while I will fully admit I am a big time rager because I like my cookie cut games to be PERFECT. I am a perfectionist. It is probably my biggest flaw. However, you mistake alot of jokes that people say over the internet and get very sensitive about it dude. For instance, just the latest episode between me and you. Just in the begining of the round on tidalwave I specifically asked you to demo because I knew you were our best option and I even specifically pointed out that you were our best option and giving you praise. We were doing good the whole round holding them to 3 with like 5 minutes left. You missed a key det that TKed me but I said wow nice det with a slight chuckle. It was clearly a joke, you replied with "well he went out button so it wouldn't have mattered" (when he in fact went out main) (see back to me being a perfectionist) I had to reply with "na bro he went out main". You proceeded to flip on me dude and threaten me by telling me you were gonna come to jersey and that I am probably only 5'2. It was a joke bro... The point is if I was playing with Sabbath or any other of my good friends I would have said the same thing. I would have said "Wow nice det lolzlozl". They would have replied with something sarcastic back becuase thats the fun of it. You just blew it way out of proportion. Obviously after you threatened me and personally attacked my height with a false assumption that I am only 5'2 (lolz btw), clearly I would retaliate with some actual anger because I felt it was sad that you actually took it that far.

As competitive as I am, I am ALWAYS willing to teach a new player some tricks, strats, how to play a certain spot, where to build in a certain position. Especially when they are vocal about how new their tenure is. Truthfully, I thoroughly enjoy helping out a new player with something because it makes me feel good to feel useful. I am just a perfectionist dude, its my biggest flaw. I don't mean anything by it. It is in my blood. Ask Sabbath dude, he knows I can get a little rowdy, but its all becuase I just lust for wins and lust for perfection.

Everyone has their moments in FF where they vent out a little rage, myself is absolutely included (sry FDA) , some days I am just not in a good mood and I try and play FF to take away stress, but find myself compounding the problem when shit doesn't run smooth. you my friend are no exception

And no offense but a big reason why we clash is becuase I see you flexing that dick all day. If you can flex that dick all day then be prepared to take some heat when you aren't performing to that BIG FLEXED DICK that you always talk about.

I guess I miss the days of FF where the competition was alot steeper.
Although I still love the group of new players that have surfaced.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #17
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPelargos View Post
Hey guys, have you heard?

There's this dude running for president. He's got pluck. He's got moxie. He's got what it takes to undouche FF!

vote largos for prez 2024
vote largos for headmin 2013

ill revoke ur admin if ur trying to overthrow me.

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc

Old 06-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #18
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
i only have one thing to say about this. why is everyone so sensitive? don't you guys talk shit to your friends in real life? i feel like the people who complain about "the community" are so weak and feminine. get over it, can't you ignore people? mute them if you have to.

i'm not going to enforce rules on people's behaviors except when they're just straight up annoying everyone. 94% of us are adults, this isn't a JV girls soccer tournament its an online video game. grow a pair.

PS - I'm pretty positive noone cheats in FF. Some of you are just so rusty always because you dont play enough that you say everyone is cheating.

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc

Old 06-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #19
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

tl;dr - we're all assholes.

Now get better at canc jumping and get back to the game!!!!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Lynus
I'm not pretending to be a perfect little angel, I know I can be a dick and deserve some of the bans I get, but usually it's only in retaliation that I act like an asshole. I'm not going to just sit here while these idiots continue to ruin this game. The shit gets old and I'm heavily considering quitting for a while again. Just look at a few of the stupid bans that happen now days.

Community... please review.

You were kicked from #ff.pickup by FDA (hulloyeshigh)
You were kicked from #ff.pickup by vinnytheboss (you're annoying me, yea i said it right...)
You were kicked from #ff.pickup by MafiaMan (juggalo faggot.)
You were kicked from #ff.pickup by hadeZtheChmpio (idontlikeyou.)

Here's an example where Vinny and Leadmine are arguing about 1v1ing and instead of taking the higher road, Vinny bans Leadmine then 10 minutes later lifts it. The point I'm making here is that Vinny abuses his power instead of being the bigger man or using the /ignore feature. The only person that was annoyed by Leadmine was Vinny and Mafiaman. Vinny even admits he did nothign wrong.
[02:46] <11@VinnytheBoss> he really didnt do anything wrong
[02:46] <11@MafiaMan> i woulda left him banned
[02:46] <11@VinnytheBoss> so i cant keep him banned
[02:46] <11@MafiaMan> hes just a faggot and no one likes him
[02:46] <11@VinnytheBoss> i just wanted him to stop talking
[02:46] <11@MafiaMan> rofl
[02:46] <11@VinnytheBoss> agreed
[02:47] <11@VinnytheBoss> im telling you hes on thin ice tho
[02:47] <11@VinnytheBoss> and of course noone really wants him around . just let him fuck up once more.

Heres one where aleXtric doesn't agree with MafiaMan banning Leadmine and lifts it. MafiaMan instantly rebans him, calls aleXtric a pussy and then Vinny jumps in to stand up against aleXtric. Vinny cleary instigated Leadmine and goes as far as posting a picture of Leadmine. He's done this to me too, taking pictures off my facebook to show everyone how ugly he thinks my ex-gf is. The bad part is, Vinny actually ignored Leadmine but minutes later couldn't resist the arguing and unignored him. Sucks I have to defend Leadmine here but Vinny and Mafiaman were half the problem. And as you can see lope removed due to the drama and fighting between the admins.
15[18:06] * MafiaMan sets mode: +b *!*pdc414@*.twcny.res.rr.com
04[18:06] * lmdm1 was kicked by MafiaMan (peace out downs)
[18:06] <11@VinnytheBoss> cya
[18:06] <11@John-NFO-CEO> lol
[18:06] <11@MafiaMan> ill unban him tomorrow
15[18:06] * John-NFO-CEO sets mode: -b *!*pdc414@*.twcny.res.rr.com
[18:06] <mattorrr> amen
[18:06] <11@MafiaMan> dont be a pussy alex
[18:06] <11@VinnytheBoss> unreal alex
01[18:06] * lmdm1 (~pdc414@cpe-74-79-254-19.twcny.res.rr.com) has joined #ff.pickup
[18:06] <11@John-NFO-CEO> you guys are being just as gay as him
[18:06] <lmdm1> oh so mads
15[18:06] * MafiaMan sets mode: +b *!*pdc414@*.twcny.res.rr.com
04[18:06] * lmdm1 was kicked by MafiaMan (I wouldn't do this unless you acted like an asshole)
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> pretty sure noone gives a fuck alex
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> leave it
[18:07] <mnzy> <3 lm
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> he broke the rules many times...
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> and hes had many warnings
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> and for him to act like this
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> after him being on "probation"
[18:07] <11@MafiaMan> he ruined a pickup the other day
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> he should be on "probation"
[18:07] <11@MafiaMan> this can be his 24 hour
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> honestly
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> i dont htink were doing 24 hours with him any more
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> were past 24 hours with him
[18:07] <11@VinnytheBoss> he doenst play teh gam eenough
[18:07] <11@MafiaMan> haha
[18:08] <11@VinnytheBoss> he palys once a weewk anywayws
[18:08] <11@VinnytheBoss> just ban him for a month
[18:08] <11@VinnytheBoss> honeslty is it a big deal?
[18:08] <mattorrr> whered zexel go anyways
[18:08] <11@VinnytheBoss> noone is gonan quit cuz we thnk its unfair that we banned leadmine
[18:16] <11@VinnytheBoss> Joey Tolosi SUP NOW BRO??? YOUR PERMABANNED FOR BEING A FAGGOT...TAKE MORE DICKS IN UR ASS AND GET DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED LOLLLLLL FOR BEING GAY IN TEH ARMY LMAOOOO

Here's an instance where FDA bans a new guy named mohawkmoe10. Now I didnt post all of the logs becuase it went back way too far. Basically the rundown was like this: he was given password to the pickup server, came in and joined a team midpickup. Either he was trolling or he was just confused, nobody really knows for sure. Looking at the logs though, I honestly think he was a legitimate new player looking for a new game. Though he was bad in the couple pickups he played in(based off the logs), and probably shouldn't have been adding. He had no choice as there were no pubs to play on with people in them. Either way, here's FDA banning me for asking why he banned him.
15[21:57] * FDA sets mode: +b *!webchat@*.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net
04[21:57] * mohawkmoe10 was kicked by FDA (FDA)
[21:57] <10+PickupBot> 5Server info sent. If you did not recieve it, type !sendinfo or contact Drakonal.
02[21:57] <hef> yo FDA
02[21:57] <hef> why are you banning the new player?
02[21:57] <hef> FDA
15[21:58] * FDA sets mode: +b *!~chef-@*.users.quakenet.org
04[21:58] * You were kicked by FDA (FDA)

Here's another of Leadmine getting banned because the server lagged. FDA accused him of DDOSing the server, showed no proof and banned him. Oh by the way, this also caused SMP to drop out of the league because of all the abuse towards Leadmine. Leadmine might not be perfect and he can surely be an annoying piece of shit, but this is abuse:
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> * FdaNL sets mode: +b *!~pdc414@*.twcny.res.rr.com
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> * [SMP]LeadMine was kicked by FdaNL (FdaNL)
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> ?
[21:09] <11@FdaNL> ddosing raqequit
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> ?
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> proof?
[21:09] <10+Features> give me a second
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> dude
[21:09] <11@FdaNL> ask feats for the logs
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> leadmine was in the server while it was lagging
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> but ok
[21:09] <[SMP]oats> and he was pinging fine
[21:10] <[SMP]probot> why would he ddos ragequit
[21:10] <MafiaMan> because leadmines a giant faggot

Here's an example and Sabbath solidifies my point above that the rules need to be clearly defined and agree'd upon by EVERYONE. The loose rules that we have now that only apply when a game is 'close' or 'serious' has negative effects on admins fighting with admins and players getting the brunt:
15[21:51] * aleXtric sets mode: -b *!*@24.102.236.73.res-cmts.eph2.ptd.net
04[21:51] * Features was kicked by vinzo (playing our respawn when flag wasnt in yard)
[21:51] <11@vinzo> oh ok
01[21:51] * Joins: Features (kfuck@24.102.236.73.res-cmts.eph2.ptd.net)
02[21:51] <fatchef-> OLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLLOLOLOLO
15[21:51] * Q sets mode: +v Features
[21:51] <11@vinzo> so he can play our respawn
[21:51] <10+Features> !add
[21:51] <11@vinzo> when flag isnt in yard
[21:51] <11@vinzo> gotcha
02[21:51] <fatchef-> just remove vinzo's ops
[21:51] <11@Sabbath> only when head admin is in same clan
[21:51] <10+Features> flag said yard
[21:51] <11@aleXtric> game was over
[21:51] <spoonlololol> we won by 8 caps
[21:51] <11@vinzo> gotcha
[21:51] <11@MafiaMan> it wasn't
[21:51] <11@MafiaMan> in yard
[21:51] <11@aleXtric> i let everyone slide with shit
[21:51] <11@Sabbath> rofl
[21:51] <11@aleXtric> game was a joke
[21:51] <spoonlololol> chef is still here
[21:51] <11@aleXtric> ya
[21:51] <11@grIMace> !remove
[21:51] <10+PickupBot> 56/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: ? 14& 7*?7* 14& Features 14& fatchef- 14& FDA 14& spoonlololol 14& Prime- 14& imnotaspy ] 5Game Starter: FDA
[21:51] <11@Sabbath> when game is over rules dont apply

Here's a 24hr ban that actually went 72hrs. I was banned for not trying and I admit, I gave up because teams were uneven and my whole team screamed at each other the whole game, so yeah - I pretty much gave up. 72 hrs =/= 24hrs though.
15[23:59] * Q sets mode: +b chef-!~nofcknway@cHEFdaHEF.users.quakenet.org
04[23:59] * You were kicked by Q (24h)
Session Close: Mon Dec 31 23:59:16 2012
Session Start: Wed Jan 02 00:13:29 2013
Session Ident: #ff.pickup
01[00:13] * Now talking in #ff.pickup
03[00:13] * Topic is '14,0// 5#FF.Pickup 14//1 League signups are still open http://www.ffpickup.com/league/ 1000$ in prizes! 14// 1 Lets play !add up 14//'
03[00:13] * Set by Q on Thu Dec 27 23:05:06
15[00:13] * Q sets mode: +b chef-!~nofcknway@cHEFdaHEF.users.quakenet.org
04[00:13] * You were kicked by Q (24h)
Session Close: Wed Jan 02 00:13:29 2013

Here's a 4 day ban on mooney because he switched from demoman to soldier on flag on schtop during a flop pickup. 4 fucking days, mooney even said he was sorry for switching classes. FDA should play demoman for once so she knows what its like playing that class with a shit team. Then mooney comes back after the 4day ban and is pisseed off at everyone... hmm wonder why.
15[22:09] * FDA sets mode: -v gerrie
[22:09] <spytrain> i mean if they blatantly ruining hte pug yea
[22:10] <gerrie> oh noes
[22:10] <spytrain> i dont think he does
[22:10] <11@FDA> !msg q tempban #ff.pickup gerrie!gabbertje@k4062.upc-k.chello.nl 4d
[22:10] <11@FDA> oops
[22:10] <gerrie> once again sorry for changing class
[22:10] <gerrie> my bad
15[22:10] * Q sets mode: +b gerrie!gabbertje@k4062.upc-k.chello.nl
04[22:10] * gerrie was kicked by Q (Banned.)
[22:10] <10+OHJEEZY> how long
[22:10] <11@FDA> !add
[22:10] <10+PickupBot> 55/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: ragequit [5 Players: Features 14& spytrain 14& Drakonal 14& 7*FDA7* 14& MafiaMan 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: Features
[22:10] <11@FDA> 4 days

FDA bans mooney for 'not trying'.
15[13:05] * Q sets mode: +b gerrie!gerrie@k4062.upc-k.chello.nl
04[13:05] * gerrie was kicked by Q (Banned.)
[13:06] <11@VinnytheBoss> lol
[13:06] <11@VinnytheBoss> what happen
[13:07] <11@FDA> typical mnzy
[13:07] <11@FDA> gives up every pickup
[13:07] <11@FDA> ect ect
[13:09] <11@FDA> he's just thrown way to many pickups that could have been close lately
[13:09] <11@FDA> it's no fair to the people who gotta play with him
[13:11] <biohaZ> im gonna play the role of mny so dont get mad at me
[13:11] <biohaZ> but i feel like that sometimes
[13:11] <biohaZ> so your gonna ban him for having fun in a pickup?

Heres one where MafiaMan just bans me for no reason. There is the parsed log and demo if you don't believe me. He 24hr bans me and a different op unbans me an hour later.
[01:08] <PickupBot> (7BOSS) 12Score: 14 on ff_schtop
[01:08] <10+OHJEEZY> 1v
[01:08] <10+OHJEEZY> 1v
[01:08] <onE> i thought we lost
[01:08] <PickupBot> 5Parsed Log: http://parser.ffpickup.com/parsed_lo...351-ff_schtop/
[01:08] <PickupBot> 5SourceTV Demo: http://www.ffpickup.com/demos/BOSS/a...-ff_schtop.dem
[01:08] <onE> when you got 12
[01:08] <10+OHJEEZY> chef rolled over
02[01:08] <chef-> ill 1v1 anyone in that pickup
02[01:08] <chef-> plzkthx
15[01:08] * MafiaMan sets mode: +b *!*nofcknway@*.users.quakenet.org
04[01:08] * You were kicked by MafiaMan (24 hours,)
Session Close: Sat Jan 26 01:08:14 2013

Session Start: Sat Jan 26 02:10:34 2013
Session Ident: #ff.pickup
01[02:10] * Now talking in #ff.pickup
03[02:10] * Topic is '14,0// 5#FF.Pickup 14//1 League signups are open, the deadline for team creation is January 30th http://www.ffpickup.com/league/ . If you don't have a team yet post in this thread http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=23751 14//'
03[02:10] * Set by Q on Wed Jan 23 03:18:22
13[02:10] -Q- [#ff.pickup] 1,0Welcome to #FF.Pickup channel - We play Fortress Forever Euro Style - 5,0Website:1,0 http://www.ffpickup.com/euro
02[02:10] <[CHEFFREY]> !add
[02:10] <PickupBot> 56/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: OHJEEZY 14& hadeZtheChampio 14& VinnytheBoss 14& FDA 14& NeoNL 14& 7*[CHEFFREY]7* 14& ? 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: OHJEEZY

Here's Vinny stretching his epeen. Mooney left pickup to add to a new one because the map was one he didnt like. Then he bans biohaz. They both asked for a sub before the game started. So why ban either of them? Obviously shit comes up sometimes irl but in this case it looks like mooney simply didnt want to play. biohaZ on the other hand actually got a sub, Largos, and was only unbanned after the community bitched at Vinny. Vinny rage unbanned biohaZ:
07[18:21] * vinnytheboss sets mode: +b *!*@mnzy.users.quakenet.org
[18:21] <10+bigc0w> also that yes
[18:21] <cake> 6:02 the pickup started
[18:21] <10+bigc0w> mad
04[18:21] * bigc0w was kicked by vinnytheboss (bye)
[18:21] <cake> its 6:20
07[18:21] * vinnytheboss sets mode: +b *!*@bio-.users.quakenet.org
03[18:21] * Parts: cake (~biohaZ@bio-.users.quakenet.org)
[18:21] <10+KingFagg0tHater> damn
[18:21] <spyingonyobish> ?
[18:22] <spyingonyobish> he found himself a sub
[18:22] <10+KingFagg0tHater> looks like the drama's already started b0yz
[18:22] <spyingonyobish> ybefore the pickup even staretd
[18:22] <cynical> !add
[18:22] <PickupBot> 52/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: bigc0w 14& 7*cynical7* 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: bigc0w
[18:22] <spyingonyobish> he should not be banned
[18:22] <spyingonyobish> and the server is laggy
[18:22] <10+KingFagg0tHater> !end
[18:22] <PickupBot> 5The pickup will end in three minutes if the game starter does not veto it.
[18:22] <spyingonyobish> mooney should
[18:22] <10+KingFagg0tHater> [18:21] <spyingonyobish> he should not be banned

And you guys say I'm the problem. I cheer people up and make people laugh!
[21:04] <OHJEEZY> here comes chef
[21:04] <OHJEEZY> lol
07[21:04] * hadeZtheBOSS sets mode: +b *!*@k0s-.users.quakenet.org
[21:04] <11@vin> he sitll had acne then
[21:04] <10+mnzy> HEFSHERE
[21:04] <10+mnzy> LOL
[21:04] <OHJEEZY> here comes chef!
[21:04] <EuroWubZ> INC CEF
[21:04] <11@vin> and he still has acne now
13[21:04] * hef-work was kicked by hadeZtheBOSS (hef-work)
[21:04] <10+mnzy> HAHA
[21:04] <EuroWubZ> INC CHEF
[21:04] <Features-> LOLOLOL

If anyone knows why I was banned here by hadeZtheChampio, Please let me know! I think it's important to note why someone's banned and have it for everyone to see, in detail.
[18:49] <blade-> it happens
[18:49] <blade-> bra
[18:50] <10+mnzy> !add
13[18:50] <PickupBot> 55/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: hadeZtheChampio 14& hef 14& blade- 14& littledevil` 14& 7*mnzy7* 14& ? 14& ? 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: hadeZtheChampio
[18:50] <PickupBot> (7boss) 12Score: 12 on ff_swoop_b2
[18:50] <11@squeek> !add
[18:50] <Moya> !add
13[18:50] <PickupBot> 56/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: hadeZtheChampio 14& hef 14& blade- 14& littledevil` 14& mnzy 14& 7*squeek7* 14& ? 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: hadeZtheChampio
13[18:50] <PickupBot> 57/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: hadeZtheChampio 14& hef 14& blade- 14& littledevil` 14& mnzy 14& squeek 14& 7*Moya7* 14& ? ] 5Game Starter: hadeZtheChampio
07[18:50] * hadeZtheChampio sets mode: +b *!*@cHEFdaHEF.users.quakenet.org
[18:50] <blade-> !nominate ff_chef
[18:50] <TOOOOGOOOOD> !add
13[18:50] <PickupBot> 58/8 Players - Map: undecided - Server: boss [5 Players: hadeZtheChampio 14& hef 14& blade- 14& littledevil` 14& mnzy 14& squeek 14& Moya 14& 7*TOOOOGOOOOD7* ] 5Game Starter: hadeZtheChampio
13[18:50] * You were kicked by hadeZtheChampio (hef)
Session Close: Sat Apr 06 18:50:30 2013

Last edited by Lynus; 06-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Closed Thread