Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
o_nomak

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ladders?

i was thinking about having the ff having ladders the otherday and i remembered in starcraft how it had a ladder button and you could enter to verse other people. will ff have a ladder button so you could challenge other people at certain times and in certain servers? it would be a lot easier for clans i guess.
o_nomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Ladder gaming is outwith the scope of the FF project. It's up to leagues and others to organise things like that. The FF site will, of course, act as a hub to community-run league projects and so forth, making it easier for people to get into clan play (or at least read up on it) if they so wish.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
o_antonbear

i cant wait for the first season of a UKTFCL looka-likey or even if UKTFCL change from a tfc ladder to FF ladder. like it or loathe it, it was the best league around and proabably still is although i dont keep up with it anymore. the forums were just a bi flame fest but the competition were awesome, it was pure creme de la creme.
o_antonbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
o_dirkpitt

I just can't wait to clan again, I got more than somewhat distracted by various mmorpgs (daoc, warcraft) and quickly lost my interest in tfc. Playing cs:s and warcraft3 (dota) atm. None of those games has the perfect combination of fun and strategy that tfc matches had.
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #5
o_valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
Ladder gaming is outwith the scope of the FF project. It's up to leagues and others to organise things like that. The FF site will, of course, act as a hub to community-run league projects and so forth, making it easier for people to get into clan play (or at least read up on it) if they so wish.
give links to different countries and their personal community hubs with a little description of the leagues they run imo. i hate finding a rad game, and the main site jsut thinks everyone in the world lives in the same country and can all play in the same league t_T
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #6
o_enrico palazzo

My suggestion would be to give links to Clan and Guild sites as well. Make directorys that people can add their sites and other information like their IRC channel too like what the catacombs has. That should be the extent of it though I think, all my opinion of course. Will this site be updated with all the new maps and mods too as they come out, including third party stuff? Or will we have to look elsewhere for files and such?
o_enrico palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote