zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsChuck
I am an American, I am proud to be an American. In America we have this idea of free speech. Free speech means, when something happens and you don't like it you speak up. If something bothers you, you speak up! If you agree with something you speak up!

Free speech gains strength the more you use it! The more you speak up, the more others speak up, and the cycle goes on and on!

If I have a problem with a forum, I ask others on how to fix it. Still, nobody has answered my question, on how to automatically include nested quotations when replying to people.
Your First Amendment rights mean little on the internet, especially on a privately owned forum. You can be censored as much as the admins and mods wish to do so. Laws exist on the internet that apply to it, but not the rights of the Constitution.

An American knows their rights. A smart American knows when and where their rights are valid.

PS Thanks for the laugh.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #22
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
Smart people will realize I am one of them. The dumb, like you, will probably feel threatened by my demonstration of higher intelligence.

Smart people make other people feel dumb. Making others feel dumb decreases their popularity.

Dumb people make others feel smart. Making others feel smart increases their popularity.
Zomg it's the perfect argument! Either you agree and are therefore smart, or you think he's a moron and are stupid so what you think is of little consequence. If only we could have discovered this argument years ago all arguments could be easily won!

Last edited by C-Aim; 09-24-2007 at 11:20 AM.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #23
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
Quote:
Smart people will realize I am one of them. The dumb, like you, will probably feel threatened by my demonstration of higher intelligence.

Smart people make other people feel dumb. Making others feel dumb decreases their popularity.

Dumb people make others feel smart. Making others feel smart increases their popularity.
Hooray for personal insults. I'd suggest you don't make anymore if you would like to participate any further in the forums.
Ginger Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #24
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Agreed.*

*The amount of irony in my statement cancels itself out.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #25
MyNameIsChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Either that or you end up being properly identified as a crybaby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumGravy
Dumb thread posting arrogant trollers makes others feel annoyed. Making others feel annoyed makes people hit their Ignore button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Now, you may be a proud American, but you're also a lazy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Not one person in the whole world likes you, Chuck. You should probably leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
Hooray for personal insults. I'd suggest you don't make anymore if you would like to participate any further in the forums.
Yaaay!! for hypocracy! I like it when mods only enforce rules on people that disagree with them. Ginger Lord, you are a disgrace to this board in my opinion.
MyNameIsChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #26
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
Quote:
Yaaay!! for hypocracy! I like it when mods only enforce rules on people that disagree with them. Ginger Lord, you are a disgrace to this board in my opinion.
Opinion noted.

The rest of the bunch you quoted have been around long enough to know where the line is and when to cross it. Responding to personal insults with insults is one thing, dealing them out unneeded is another.

Come back in a week with a different attitude. Next person to start doing stuff like that doesnt get a temporary ban.
Ginger Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #27
SomeOldGuy
older than dirt

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
MyNameIsChuck:

It seems that you have some issues with 'netiquette, as well as how internet forums in general operate.

Here are some suggestions on how to get your questions answered, as well as having your threads not become flame-ridden childish name-calling blather:

1 - Post as you would have others reply to you. In other words, if you word your post as hostile, expect hostility in return. If you call someone dumb, expect to be called ignorant in return. If you choose to trash someone, expect to be trashed in return. Forums (while somewhat anonymous) are, as in real life, full of people with differing thickness of skin, different levels of intelligence, different levels of politeness, etc etc etc. If you would post politely, not demeaning anyone who replies, have at least a modicum of a sense of humo(u)r, and treat others as you would like to be treated, I seriously doubt that others would treat your posts/questions/issues as badly as you feel they do.

2 - Forums are NOT Americentric! The internet is global, with many cultures, inhibitions, flash-points, and in general ways of discourse. Be aware that no one cares where you are from, only what you have to say.

3 - Forum moderation does NOT have a set of fixed rules. It is an exercise in judgement by the people given the ability to moderate. Some will be better, some worse. Some will allow more "freedom" to say whatever, others are less tolerant. Calling out a moderator in public, whether deserving or not, is not very bright unless you are willing to pay the consequences. Comments involving the moderation should ALWAYS be made via PM or email to the moderator involved. If you don't feel you have been given a fair shake, then you could escalate it to one of they forum administrators.

4 - Forums are NOT PUBLICLY OWNED! They are provided by the forum owners, who can do what they damned well please whether you like it or not. You are here at their pleasure, not yours. For this forum, that means the developers.

5 - Forums are NOT always fair, neither in the application of rules nor in their toleration of certain individuals and/or topics. You can accept it or not, but that is just how it is.

6 - When someone says something that offends you, personally, off-topic, or otherwise... STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD. Immediate commentary is almost always not a good idea. Give it some time, some thought, and you may find a better way to handle the situation, including ignoring what was said. "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove any lingering doubt."

No doubt there is more that could be said, but hopefully that will get the points across.
SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
IvaQuaL

he's just a huge troll, forget about him

these kinds of tl;dr posts are exactly why he baits forums
IvaQuaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #29
Bubbles
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy
2 - Forums are NOT Americentric! The internet is global, with many cultures, inhibitions, flash-points, and in general ways of discourse. Be aware that no one cares where you are from, only what you have to say.
In this case, not even that.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 AM   #30
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
Opinion noted.

The rest of the bunch you quoted have been around long enough to know where the line is and when to cross it. Responding to personal insults with insults is one thing, dealing them out unneeded is another.

Come back in a week with a different attitude. Next person to start doing stuff like that doesnt get a temporary ban.
Have my daughter's babies?

Old 09-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #31
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/