Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #21
o_zaskar

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Err, for 1 most arguements for Bhopping is that in clan play it would be too hard to get past defence, go read up or in every other Bhopping thread.

2, the analogy is fine, so what they recognized it, they knew bhopping was BS too and they capped it (if they could totally remove it without pissing off a ton im shure they would have) so most servers now use a bhopping server side mod.

Valve added teleporters so if your gonna be so insane on what Valve thinks is right maby FF should have them too?

bhopping was removed cause it was a exploit of the HL1 engine (it was in CS also) then it was removed, then many players complained so they caved in.

get off it.
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
o_darksoul

if theres one thing i've noticed about the anti-bhop brigade, you cannot argue against them. so instead of a long reply where i could quite easily take apart your arguements against these sploits (sic) i shall reiterate the only point you really need to take in:

FF will feature bunnyhopping, get practicing!

oh, and the nail gren exploit is quite possibly the worse analogy ever and doesn't help with your credability, i'm afraid.
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 05:41 PM   #23
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Err, for 1 most arguements for Bhopping is that in clan play it would be too hard to get past defence, go read up or in every other Bhopping thread.

2, the analogy is fine, so what they recognized it, they knew bhopping was BS too and they capped it (if they could totally remove it without pissing off a ton im shure they would have) so most servers now use a bhopping server side mod.

Valve added teleporters so if your gonna be so insane on what Valve thinks is right maby FF should have them too?

bhopping was removed cause it was a exploit of the HL1 engine (it was in CS also) then it was removed, then many players complained so they caved in.

get off it.
Conc jumps and rocket/pipe/nade jumps are engine exploits, sometimes a little exploit is fun.

Get off it.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #24
o_dammage

Yet another bhop is not a feature, but a bug thread?
BHopping is a bit younger than a lot of CS players and still hasn't got fixed and never appeared on any TODO lists. (Quake 1? 1996)
I found no FIXMEs regarding air accelleration in the quake sources, too.

Maybe it is a feature?

Btw all of those pipe/conc/rocket jumps are no exploits at all? Or shouldn't physic apply to all (dynamic) entities equally in a game?
o_dammage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #25
o_nex nicholai

The nail exploit can be fixed. Our servers at OWOL are nail exploit free.

As for bhopping, you have your right not to like it. However, since the most players like it and that goes for the FF devs as well, it looks like its going to be in FF.

Your options:

1) hope that TF2 doesnt have bhop (a good posibility)

2) shell out some time/cash/effort to get a server of your own and put a speed cap on it (owol has the speed capped to 150)

3) take some tutorial lessions when FF gets out and learn something that just might be fun

4) get over it
o_nex nicholai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #26
o_yomamashouse

I think bunny hopping isnt a huge issue but i do think it is lame when the guy is bouncing back and forth shooting you and you either do the same and the fight goes on forever or you stand there and cant hit him for shit. I prefer games like DOD and COD where you are firmly planted on the ground.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
o_motobreath

I've played TF since quake, and nothing bothers me more than ppl using an exploit to gain an advantage over others.
Bunny hopping was never a part of TF untill valve got a hold of it (TFC).
That being said, i don't understand why a group of ppl (FF team) that love TF so much would even think of allowing such a thing.
Team fortress, the key word being "team", not 1 guy moving 100mph and capping 10's a min.
Seems team work and conc skills are a thing of the past when it comes to offense.
I played both sides of the fence in clan matches over the years.
Some leagues would allow it, others not.
The most fun of course was the later.
To say it's "fun" to bhop is just silly.
You're not even playing really, just running around lol.
Hell, why not just make everyone run 100mph all the time?
It ends up being that way anyways.....

BTW: i love the DAD clan server,it's filled with old timers that feel the same way about exploits, makes for awesome gameplay.
o_motobreath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #28
o_afx

Quake world team fortress had bunnyhopping before Team fortress classic. Its got nothing to do with valve, and everything to do with iD's quake engine, which tfc shares with quake(well tfc is a modified quake2 i think)

Anyway carry on your little tirades against bhopping, unfortunately for you, you're in the minority, so you better get used to it.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #29
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobreath
I've played TF since quake, and nothing bothers me more than ppl using an exploit to gain an advantage over others.
Bunny hopping was never a part of TF untill valve got a hold of it (TFC).
You can bunnyhop in TF, and you can go significantly faster than in TFC. Plus the timing is (way) easier.

Quote:
That being said, i don't understand why a group of ppl (FF team) that love TF so much would even think of allowing such a thing.
'Cuz it's fun, and adds a new dimension to the game.

Quote:
Team fortress, the key word being "team", not 1 guy moving 100mph and capping 10's a min.
So it means four guys moving 100mph. Fine. But no one caps 10 times in a minute, that's ridiculous.

Quote:
Seems team work and conc skills are a thing of the past when it comes to offense.
That's so wrong my head hurts.

Quote:
I played both sides of the fence in clan matches over the years.
Some leagues would allow it, others not.
The most fun of course was the later.
'Cuz you could actually shoot the slow-moving offense, right? Ha, I'm assuming things about you in regards to skill...

Quote:
To say it's "fun" to bhop is just silly.
You're not even playing really, just running around lol.
Until you get where you need to go, at which point you maneuver past your enemies or fight them, grab the flag and run like hell. The game isn't *just* bunnyhopping around, and your statement is a stupid, hyperbolic view of bunnyhopping where it consumes every aspect of everything, which isn't nearly the case.

Quote:
Hell, why not just make everyone run 100mph all the time?
It ends up being that way anyways.....
No, see, with bunnyhopping, there's some skill required to move at high speeds and maintain it, and simply by shooting the person in question you can throw that off. If you just increase everyone's speed, there's no control, and EVERYONE moves faster, regardless of the skill involved. You end up with a stupidly fast game, uncontrollable, and no fun at all.

Quote:
BTW: i love the DAD clan server,it's filled with old timers that feel the same way about exploits, makes for awesome gameplay.
Stick with them, you'll hate FF.

I just wanna say... this post reeks - it literally reeks, I can smell it from here - of pure, undistilled ignorance.

Edit: To Afx: Half-Life's engine was a modified combo of Quake 1/Quake 2. Mostly Quake 1.

Edit: I'll be more specific, so it doesn't just look like I'm picking on you. Edits are above.

Last edited by Circuitous; 07-30-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #30
o_soulcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer
deadpool im probably one of the only people here that knows of |KoD|the_ROCK besides some of the devs... haha its always fun to hear names from the way past... i used to love pubbing in the KoD Dugeon of Death or something along those lines.
I bet there's more than you think.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #31
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
I think bunny hopping isnt a huge issue but i do think it is lame when the guy is bouncing back and forth shooting you and you either do the same and the fight goes on forever or you stand there and cant hit him for shit. I prefer games like DOD and COD where you are firmly planted on the ground.
Soldiers that never jump obliterate bhopping players all the time. Fights don't go on forever...I dunno maybe you should check out some demos but you guys just spout a bunch of misinformation.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #32
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul
oh, and the nail gren exploit is quite possibly the worse analogy ever and doesn't help with your credability, i'm afraid.
Why?

Explain how that is any different then it?

Bhopping is exploiting the air speed booster. The engine had it programmed that when you turn in air it moves you a bit faster allowing you to do turn while in the air. Most any engine that lets you turn in air will have this in it to some extent. In tribes you had some sliding manuver, in a game anarchy online strafe walking acually made you move faster as it diddnt calculate the combined side movement and foward movent right making it a slight combination of the 2.

I dont mind Bhopping personally i just think it will turn some new people away. Im ok at it, not great but having it in or out doesnt effect me (as id mostly pub and usually play soldier or sniper anyways) but i just want people to stop acting like its not a sploit, cause it totally is. im fine with it, and its being added but i just fucking hate people who bitch about different various sploits like nail nade but are 100% ok with themselvs bhopping "cause thats different".

Last edited by o_zaskar; 07-30-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #33
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
The nail grenade exploit is an acknowledged BAD exploit, that was supposed to be fixed but never was. Bunnyhopping was an acknowledged BAD exploit, that Valve fixed, and then eventually reintroduced with a speed cap. They put it back. They could've kept it out, but they didn't. Does that not tell you anything?

Old 07-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #34
o_darknight

As was mentioned earlier, there is very little point in arguing on this matter. They stubbornly will not accept the fact that bunnyhopping is fun.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #35
o_cheeseplant

I wish people could accept it is an allowed eploit. I can bhop reasonably well but I agree there is no need for it except for people who can't be arsed to go at normal speed, and want an advantage over other people. OLD TFC before people worked out or noticed bhopping was so much more fun. The game is fast enough without bhopping, however I dont think it will change, the devs like it... its their game so lets see what happens.
o_cheeseplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #36
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
The nail grenade exploit is an acknowledged BAD exploit, that was supposed to be fixed but never was. Bunnyhopping was an acknowledged BAD exploit, that Valve fixed, and then eventually reintroduced with a speed cap. They put it back. They could've kept it out, but they didn't. Does that not tell you anything?
Sure does, says they thought it was bad and removed it, there was player backlash, and they caved in.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #37
o_darknight

One wonders why there was a backlash...
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #38
o_infinitum

I find it funny that both sides of the argument have extremes. One side says bhopping is worthless (because the poster can't bhop), and the other side says bhopping is good (because they can do it).

I was hoping for a way to adjust the cap, but the dev team said no. Too bad, I never got to play back in the old days of TFC where there was an uncapped bhop.
o_infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #39
o_compact

Zaskar speaks the truth bunnyhopping is a cheat and i think ff should limit jumping like cs/dod do by making you too fatigued to jump.

anyone that says bh is good for the game is only saying it cause they cant DEATHMATCH like afx
o_compact is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #40
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPACT
Zaskar speaks the truth bunnyhopping is a cheat and i think ff should limit jumping like cs/dod do by making you too fatigued to jump.

anyone that says bh is good for the game is only saying it cause they cant DEATHMATCH like afx
HEY!
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote