Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow00Caster
Uh.. what?

Only ban ive ever gotten from OT was when I said Jesus twice in one of the servers, and it was temporary.

I haven't been on an OT server for weeks.
Oh wait nvm I was thinking of someone else

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #82
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by truplaya
I LOVE 2.1, EXCEPT FOR 1 THING, the green pipe tweak, damn greens dont have the same power as in 2.0, i was boosting concing scouts around the map with 6+ pipe det traps, detting them dead on and they just hop off the det and out of reach.... But this is an early call, and ill give it a couple more days, PROPS on the blues though they are where they should be now, very cool blues.
The radius was tweaked by a few in-game inches, if you're missing now it's either bad reflexes or lag. Give it time. Although you were going to anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer
the huge lag when fireing the rail-gun (as a hpb) is intented?
Railguns are mostly server-side now to avoid a couple bugs associated with sound looping and the occasional crash. Sorry.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #83
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
redux will still shoot you in the face with a raligun, even with the netcode changes.

Aaand I'm downloading and getting ready to play 2.1 out in the wild for the first time. O:

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #84
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
i really dont know if I'll play FF anymore. Sure, the game is awesome. But the people leave something to be desired.
I agree.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #85
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Wouldn't it make sense to wrench it, step back, wrench... repeat?
That would be fine, except you can't even get close to it when that happens because the splash from the rockets will push you back and make you unable to repair it before it's dead.

On a positive note, waterpolo is an absolute blast now (is there a way to turn off the rain though?) and I did say it already, but the hwguy is an absolute night and day difference, incredible improvement. It sucks that there's very little reason to play engineer now, but at least hwguy makes up the difference.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #86
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
It's like that with every game. People are lame. You want to find yourself a good bunch of regulars and play with them. Or stick to a server with mature active owners. I don't play normal games (just skills, cause I can't run shit well enough. Damn I'm sick of saying that.) but the Old Timers server from what I see seems to be popular. Edit: they have 3!

The best games you'll have are with a sensible group in a "clan styled" environment. Playing the game properly :]

I take it these types harder to come by in FF since it's quiet .
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #87
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity
It sucks that there's very little reason to play engineer now, but at least hwguy makes up the difference.
Dispensers are just as effective as a demo pipe nest. Just sayin'.

Anyway, some more stuffs:

Engineers are the hard counter to pyros with no exception to this. Kind of makes an offensive pyro really silly as the majority of maps use engineers. Defensive pyro is just fine though, and I'm glad as that's my bag.

Ronald Reagan

Old 09-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #88
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
I take it these types harder to come by in FF since it's quiet .
Pretty much. I'll have to start pickups again, although it's really dull playing with the same people all day every day. I don't like the OT servers because of poor admining on them and the other servers with players are too pubby.

Pickups.

Ronald Reagan

Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #89
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
We ran a 7v7 pickup today, so join us

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #90
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
I was feeling that just from the server titles.

Last edited by Paft; 09-13-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #91
eternity94

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
That would be fine, except you can't even get close to it when that happens because the splash from the rockets will push you back and make you unable to repair it before it's dead.

On a positive note, waterpolo is an absolute blast now (is there a way to turn off the rain though?) and I did say it already, but the hwguy is an absolute night and day difference, incredible improvement. It sucks that there's very little reason to play engineer now, but at least hwguy makes up the difference.
An engineer is not supposed to really put the sentrygun right on the fron lines where it can get shot. Thats the what the heavy is for. A sentrygun should be put where it can easilly get a person who passes by.
eternity94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #92
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
it's pretty hard to do so when they are intentionally pushing you off map, with their soldier rockets pushing you off a map, killing you. All voice channels, both text, and voice, spamming saying FIREFOX GAVE ME VIRUS, being in general assholes. and saying it's MY fault that people are being jerkoffs
  1. No one pushed you off the map. How do I know? Because you whine about everything and never once complained of someone pushing you off the map. One level we played was a SPAM fest of grenades, so if you did get pushed out of the construction area and into the sky (The map that was played in cs 1.6) then it was most likely unintentional.
  2. Let me remind you that you were equally an asshole. In fact, I joined the server and asked "Greenday? Isn't that the nub on the forums who doesn't know anything?", joking, and you blew up and started talking shit.
  3. Which leads me to my next point. Why are you such a crybaby bitch? You talk just as much shit, but expect other people to get in trouble when they do the same... to you? You ask for help on the forums and when people give you it, you complain they're being 'elitists". You throw your opinion up, and when someone disagrees with you, it's complaining from there (evident is the other post where you compared tf2 to ff), and last you complain of me holding a grudge for an incident that never existed, which is hypocritical because of the tf2/ff comparison; you held a grudge pages after the discussion ended. Lol?

Learn to take a joke for one. Also, LOL:

Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #93
Mike_UK

Class/Position: O Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Been playing since 1.0, but finally decided to join the forums

Nice work with 2.1 guys. The game has just been getting better with each update. You people really are dedicated.

Only minor complaint is that the end of first cap at anticitizen can easily be dominated by defensive engineers. I just played it with 3-4 sentries and it took us about 16 mins to get past them.
Mike_UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #94
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_UK
Only minor complaint is that the end of first cap at anticitizen can easily be dominated by defensive engineers. I just played it with 3-4 sentries and it took us about 16 mins to get past them.
Yes, but that's to be expected. The team setting them up is the defensive team. If we wouldn't allow that, the offensive team would break through defense, if any, and easily just blaze through capture points. It's supposed to be a struggle, so to speak.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #95
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Quote:
An engineer is not supposed to really put the sentrygun right on the fron lines where it can get shot.
of course not, I try not to build anywhere my sg can get shot out of out range. I was actually building it between the columns after exiting the spawn from ff_openfire facing the open area, but soldiers still dominate it regardless.

Quote:
That might have been a bad game in particular, but it's not horrendous. A cloaked and disguised spy can often get past there to drop grenades, plus now hwguy guys can sometimes out-tough the sentries firing straight.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #96
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Quote:
I was actually building it between the columns after exiting the spawn from ff_openfire facing the open area, but soldiers still dominate it regardless.
Well, that's openfire for you. Hard as hell to defend.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #97
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_UK
Omg I think I actually played with you about 5 mins ago, at the Euro pickup server.

On that note, 3-4 Engineers dominate AvD maps, that's why in most AvD servers they were limited to three max per team (in TFC, also in the Skirmish AvD League), with three resulting to "Omgwtfoverkill" from the offense, which lead to one of the Engineers to swap (often to Demo).

Now, on-topic: First impressions? This frikkin' owns. I played a low player Palermo match and saw something that I hadn't in a long time, a player unable to capture the first CP jumping thanks to an SG, and sniping people and killing them without a second shot. On Dusty things were great too (even though HDR dropped my FPs to 40 - 50, but I used to play TFC at 10 so it's okay) AND fun. Also, CZ2 is actually fun to play now.

During all this time I can state that I wasn't frustrated at any moment, no matter the class I played. GJ!
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #98
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Quote:
Well, that's openfire for you. Hard as hell to defend.
That was just an example, I can list the spots in monkey, shutdown, dustbowl, 2fort, and aardvark where it went down like paper too (that weren't out in the open or easy to take out with grenades). Pretty much the only kills I ever saw was the very first time it surprised a player coming in. Soldiers absolutely dominate against sg's. It's not just from my perspective, I played as soldier too and found none of them were able to stay up when I started attacking them, even with an attentive engineer.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #99
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I've got to admit.... even though I'm on the beta team, and have been having fun with 2.1 prior to it's release(many of our playtests were to see how fun it was..... that was actually a priority this time)........

I have been having a ball all day. Lots of new players, lots of people having a great time.

Anticitzen was a headache for the O(I may have been in that game refered to above)..... and I think I may have a solution for it... or at least an idea of one.

The time between the capture and gates opening should be variable.... depending on how much time is left. This way, what happened in the game I was in may not have happened: Close to capping point 3, but ran out of time. I'm not saying the D couldn't hold, but waiting 90 seconds for the gates to open when there is only 3 minutes left in the map is cutting it a little close, especially with that large area to deal with. You are effectively losing half of your time waiting.

Hell of a game, though.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #100
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

AVD maps need (I can't stress this enough) alternate routes that are direct counters to the sentry guns and snipers. I feel that this is a problem with the majority of AVD maps.

Ronald Reagan