Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #81
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Easiest person in ff to troll, and possibly the most fun also : Moya
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #82
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer View Post
Easiest person in ff to troll, and possibly the most fun also : Moya
good shot, got me with that one. ego. Fyi, everyone here is pretty much a troll. Let me know how that being the best hw goes later, k? (overrated)

Last edited by eomoyaff; 10-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #83
Dr. eXpl0si0n
exploder of things

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
dr explo #1 most underrated player ever
say wut O_o
Dr. eXpl0si0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #84
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Going great Moya. Love the 'HOW?!' overpressure comments I get. =)

Or people saying overpressure is broken because I am insanely good at it, that's the best. Won't credit me though, gotta blame it on bad mechanics lol.

And if by overrated you mean 100% ramp shutdown, then yes, I am way overrated.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #85
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Quote:
Going great Moya. Love the 'HOW?!' overpressure comments I get. =)

Or people saying overpressure is broken because I am insanely good at it, that's the best. Won't credit me though, gotta blame it on bad mechanics lol.

And if by overrated you mean 100% ramp shutdown, then yes, I am way overrated.
By ramp shutdown you mean that sick insta-rail you received like balls to your chin when you were sliding around that ramps' corner? <--- This would be an example of how I would act if I were to lower myself to your standards friend. And It still stands with me. Overrated. A lot of players are good at HW, as good, if not better than you. They just won't play it because they're bored of it, hate the new mechanics, or aren't as active as they use to be, if not very active at all. Giving yourself too much credit wont convince me that you're a great a HW, because there is simply nothing spectacular about the class. You stand and shoot. You pressure a small choke point. big woop. Just sayin man, let it goooo.

Edit: If it came down to picking an hw though, you're the best atm, because you're actively doing it. Next Fiddle game, I want on your team gd. lol

Last edited by eomoyaff; 10-16-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #86
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
most likely to 69: Moya & Trailer

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #87
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Ok, so maybe I am a little too 'braggy' about being the best at possibly the easiest defensive class in the game, but sorry, the only player that is as good if not better than me would be rodox. Give me 20 ping compared to 90 though and I think we would be even, but he was a little better than me. I'm decent at other classes too, I actually just find hw to be the most fun (aside from scouting), unlike every other player. Soldiers seem to just shut down the secondary route too, where as HW's plank their fat asses on the most important route (usually) and rape mass faces. Tracking a scout flying through the air at 200 mph while air strafing is just as much a 'skill' as popping a medic into the air and airshotting him as solly is IMO. Learning to jump while firing the AC in between hops to shoot while still maintaining full speed is difficult to master as well.

That rail fired was pretty nice too, regardless of the fact that it was random spam, unless you have transparent walls, which I doubt.

Honestly though, my underrated award goes to Space Butler himself. Seems to be in the last 4 picked, yet, is a decent demo, good engy, and a beast medic. Add good comms and team work (Medic that actually throws flag to scout instead of capping [engy that repairs armor in between offensive runs]) *So many players don't do these 2 simple things* and I'm not really sure why some of the more 'overrated' players are picked over you.

I think I'm gonna give hw a rest for awhile though and start working on soldier and demo, starting to get slightly sick of it after being hw for 200 straight pickups xD.

Last edited by Trailer; 10-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #88
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
I've come to realize HW is actually quite boring as well as massively gay. Inc face saving back out post.
Also Talcums prolly as good as you are at heavy. Just hasn't played in a couple months.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #89
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

That's a big negative sir.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #90
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
Also Talcums prolly as good as you are at heavy. Just hasn't played in a couple months.
Trailer, as much as you probably hate it, he's right.

My Order is as follows:

-BananaHammock
-Rodox & Caesuim
-Talcum
-Trailer & Cake
-Spoon
-Stiffy
-Me below a lot of other players.
-Squeek (Have never seen him play h.w....)
-Bob

Not trying to pick on you this time around. A lot of people forgot about Hammock. Before the HW change, he was really damn good. I mean he carried teams. This was before the pressure hit and slow nades - Even though he didn't acquire the amount of Kills as say Rodox or Cae, He was fucking intelligent. He understood his role as hw more than anyone else imo, he would block more incomings than anyone I knew. On destroy, his kills were around 80 to 88. But 90% of those kills came before the scout or medic got past him. That's impressive. And he communicated really well.

Rodox is overrated simply because he was one of the first to exploit the interp, and used it as a way to push himself to the top, but he doesn't deserve the credit. The last time I saw him play he was around 75 on kills, which is still good.. He is still has amazing and fluid aiming though, which is why i still put him at 2nd.

Caesium is a heat seeker. Best K/D ratio I've seen. And I still remember it - 98 | 0. He didn't die. When you want to see a man play for survival, this is the guy to watch. Towards the end of the match, it was noticable that the medics were intentionally trying to kill him instead of play the game just to kill the streak lol. Was a good game.

Talcum is a very legit player. He's one of those guys who shows up on a random day and gets picked 1st or 2nd over everyone. He's very all around (like sabbath) but I think his HW shows a lot more than his Demo/Engi/Soldier (All of which he plays well.) I've seen him hit 80's in k's.

Now it comes to you. I've specced you 4 times this month, and you're Right. Your aim isn't jerky, and you can follow scouts really well. But Medics seem to put a number on you. You die a little more then you should, I think. The longer you stay up, the more effective you can be (as you should know.) When I play with you, comm's are few and far between at times, but can be understandable because some maps don't require you to comm at all. Like on Monkey, you're chillin in the pit, the only think you need to say is "im down" or "I'm about to go down." Simple stuff. I think based on that, you're not going to always remember to comm if you're too busy gunning someone down. I kind of want to see how you would do with the older hw builds though.

Cake doesn't really play as much as he use to, but the last time I saw him play HW, he played it just as well as you.

Spoon rarely plays H.W., yet he's clutch enough to yell at players while getting just as many kills.

Stiffy's aim is a little jerky because of his ADHD. That's understandable, but his COMMS are fucking amazing. He stands right on the flag a lot though, which is where a lot of his kills come from. Point blank's. The only reason I didnt rate him the same, even though he gets as many kills, is because he talks too fucking much and delays pickups a lot.

Me, I hit 60 kills ONCE on phantom. My comms are meh, and My aim is jerky. If I lower my mouse sensitivity, I do better, but i dont like to focus aim.. I'm aggressive too much, and enjoy twitch aiming much more. Seriously, I got 38 kills once as an hw. Horrible. People rage on me too. :\ it sucks.

Squeek doesn't play hw ever. He's always picked for Engi. I don't blame him, it's the best class in the game imo ;P!

Bob is.... Well ya, you get it.

But ya, that's how I feel, don't take it personal. Right now, you're the most dedicated H.W. in the game. I wouldn't take a break. I'd focus on getting even better. Seriously, how nice would it be to beat out Rodox one day and say to yourself, "I'm almost as good as hammock now." ? jk jk jk on that last part.

As for your scout, it's underrated. I think I can show you a little more of what I've picked up and learned from some of the best in the game. I dont want to judge my own scout, and say I'm one of the best, because it's not true. I just know I've learned a lot from some of the best, either by being taught, or watching them. I feel I should practice more on a few things, and im inconsistant. Though I think I'm am fucking bomb mediscout. :P!

Anyway, no hard feelings. See ya in-game. Feedback welcomed.

(also sorry for turning this in to a rate HW thread D: )

Last edited by eomoyaff; 10-17-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #91
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

[QUOTE=Trailer;496207]

That rail fired was pretty nice too, regardless of the fact that it was random spam, unless you have transparent walls, which I doubt.

Honestly though, my underrated award goes to Space Butler himself. Seems to be in the last 4 picked, yet, is a decent demo, good engy, and a beast medic. Add good comms and team work (Medic that actually throws flag to scout instead of capping [engy that repairs armor in between offensive runs]) *So many players don't do these 2 simple things* and I'm not really sure why some of the more 'overrated' players are picked over you.

QUOTE]

That rail wasn't random, it was spam though. What was random was you running in to it lol. When Homie dies, or goes lower on that map, I spam ramp. If he chooses to leave that spot for a moment, he tells someone, and i'd imagine he'd expect someone to cover that spot. Usually the Demo will blue pipe it, but he was actively helping snowy on the button side, so I took that role without leaving my station, and sometimes, it works out, as you saw. To think if that rail missed, you would of been on the flag.

Also, I had a lot of rails that map, I lost count though. Anyway, about the underrated thing. It's because I'm inconsistant, and can be distracted easily. When someone discourages me, I feel like im doing worse, and end up doing worse. Thats why I dont demo as much now because half the people get mad at me when I miss a det. But players like Largos, and Homie -- They're the perfect teammates, because they literally compliment everyone on their team. Or apologise, or encourage. "He's gone, that's alright, reset reset." "Good shot moya, watch button!" "Bah, you missed the toss largos" "Sorry sorry, I didn't think about that." "It's ok largos." All smiles. Seriously, good teammates. Games like that I feel more confident. It works for me.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #92
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
Underrated demoman - flex-BSU

oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #93
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

2manywords

Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #94
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

I've come to a concision that some players don't know how good they really are. Last night was a time example. 3v3 against homie and Alex with ray vs me hoopa and mooney on 2mesa. I was told that they didn't know the map. 8 minutes in... 6 caps on us. Hoopa rage quit. Think I'm going to make a new thread about this.. Being on the lower end of the pickup roster, I see more patterns in players picked because I'm usually one of the last I can tell who Carries andwho is inconsistent. its harder for better players to judge other players because they don't know how good they are themselves. So I'll put my thoughts in using a new thread. Stay tuned.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #95
biohaZ

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
are you still talking moya?
biohaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #96
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scoooooot
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
are you still cancing bio?
XPelargos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #97
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohaZ View Post
are you still talking moya?
Bio's trolling: overrated

Old 10-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #98
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

But seriously, moya, don't start a new thread, say your piece here.

I would say that, concerning synergy, there are some players that "play off" of other teammates better than others.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #99
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
But players like Largos, and Homie -- They're the perfect teammates, because they literally compliment everyone on their team. Or apologise, or encourage. "He's gone, that's alright, reset reset." "Good shot moya, watch button!" "Bah, you missed the toss largos" "Sorry sorry, I didn't think about that." "It's ok largos." All smiles. Seriously, good teammates. Games like that I feel more confident. It works for me.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #100
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

no new thread - keep this alive