Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #61
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
haha to true :P If theres someone that should stop fuckin its those fucking myggor.
Coronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #62
SkynYrd
Cry some more.

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Overpopulation is not a problem per se, it's simply a circumstance. When too many of any species live in a habitat where nourishment is scarce, the strong survive and the weak die off. The problem fixes itself as soon as it occurs. Whenever you overstep the balance, those who can't survive don't.
SkynYrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #63
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

lettin ppl "die off" aint a choice here chief.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #64
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
Come to holland and dare to say again that the world is not overpopulated, of course it is, it's just because your book says ‘Go and multiply’ that you think it's totally ok, stop defending your book and start thinking for yourself.
What does Holland have to do with the world? Whether Holland is or is not overpopulated has nothing to do with whether the world is...or not. Is this nuance really escaping you guys?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #65
SkynYrd
Cry some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronius
It's a consequence, not a choice.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #66
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

we can or cant do shit about consequences, thats what i meant.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #67
Jifcuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
What does Holland have to do with the world? Whether Holland is or is not overpopulated has nothing to do with whether the world is...or not. Is this nuance really escaping you guys?
If most of the countries in the world were overpopulated would you think there was an overpopulation problem?

The reason I think the earth is overpopulated is because of habitat destruction of other species on the planet and also extinction of other species on this planet. You could put this down to our way of life instead of our numbers but I think a lower human population would be more effective. Ecological history has bad predictions for our exponential growth, both for the human race and other species on this planet.
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #68
SkynYrd
Cry some more.

There's nothing you can do if there just isn't enough food/water to go around. The only option in that case is sacrificing yourself for someone else, but someone will die because of it. Good or bad, that's the solution.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #69
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jifcuits
If most of the countries in the world were overpopulated would you think there was an overpopulation problem?

The reason I think the earth is overpopulated is because of habitat destruction of other species on the planet and also extinction of other species on this planet. You could put this down to our way of life instead of our numbers but I think a lower human population would be more effective. Ecological history has bad predictions for our exponential growth, both for the human race and other species on this planet.
You guys aren't even talking about countries. You continue to list a single city as if that supports the premise. That's fallacious. The world is not overpopulated. The premise is not supportable by the facts at the present and, to be honest, there's been nothing but empty rhetoric ITT so far. You're welcome to think what ever you want. You're welcome to express it. But to expect someone else to buy in to your unsupported statements is not reasonable.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #70
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

The only empty rhetoric is coming from you, quite frankly.

As for Scuzzy, who says desalination of the ocean is an effective process by which we can hydrate the globes growing population, you're wrong. Concede or be proven otherwise.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #71
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
The only empty rhetoric is coming from you, quite frankly.

As for Scuzzy, who says desalination of the ocean is an effective process by which we can hydrate the globes growing population, you're wrong. Concede or be proven otherwise.
No, and that's not true. I contend that it's not happening and we both are fully aware of the fact that a negative cannot be proved. You provide nothing but empty rhetoric and you do not address the points I raise. So do we degenerate into name calling? Show me that I am wrong. No one has provided anything of substance to support their points and frankly, it's not supportable. The conditions in one city or one country does not equate to the world. The world is not overpopulated and you have nothing of substance that can demonstrate that it is.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #72
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronius

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #73
exoskeletaL

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Send a message via AIM to exoskeletaL
my parents had 11 children, im the oldest (21)
exo aka daniel (21)
darah (19)
dyana (EIGHTEEN)
dalayna (16)
derek (14)
destiny (12)
demi (11)
dylan (9)
dawson (EIGHT)
deAndra (6)
donovan (5)

Last edited by exoskeletaL; 08-08-2007 at 11:33 PM.
exoskeletaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #74
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
No, and that's not true. I contend that it's not happening and we both are fully aware of the fact that a negative cannot be proved. You provide nothing but empty rhetoric and you do not address the points I raise. So do we degenerate into name calling? Show me that I am wrong. No one has provided anything of substance to support their points and frankly, it's not supportable. The conditions in one city or one country does not equate to the world. The world is not overpopulated and you have nothing of substance that can demonstrate that it is.
Huh? I can prove it's not raining here in St. Paul. But that's an interesting facade to try hide behind. I've been talking about the global ramifications of overpopulation, while you keep saying one area is not representative of a whole. It's hard to understand. But so far it's only you who has failed to prove their argument.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #75
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Huh? I can prove it's not raining here in St. Paul. But that's an interesting facade to try hide behind. I've been talking about the global ramifications of overpopulation, while you keep saying one area is not representative of a whole. It's hard to understand. But so far it's only you who has failed to prove their argument.
No, what I have said over and over and over is that mentioning one city or one country does not make it true Globally. It's not a fascade it's fact. I can't tell if you're just being difficult or if what I am saying is something you're truly not grasping.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #76
Jifcuits

Put your hand up if you think that the size of the human population has a negative effect on the earth's environment and other species that live on the planet.

*puts hand up*

Last edited by Jifcuits; 08-09-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #77
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Put your hand up if you can provide logical, and good proof?

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 AM   #78
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
Come to holland and dare to say again that the world is not overpopulated, of course it is, it's just because your book says ‘Go and multiply’ that you think it's totally ok, stop defending your book and start thinking for yourself.
Now that's rich, Christians are to blame for water shortages because of overpopulation? The Netherlands has a population of 392 people per square kilometer with a total of 16 million people. The CITY of Singapore China has a population density of 6369 people per square kilometer with a population of 4.5 million people. Now, I'm pretty sure Christianity isn't going full bore in Singapore... and they don't seem to be having a water shortage there, even though their population density is 16 times what you have in the entire country of the Netherlands.

So, again, it's a REGIONAL issue, not a WORLD issue. If your country hasn't done a good job of making you comfortable and providing you with enough food and fresh water for your population, get better leaders.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #79
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jifcuits
Put your hand up if you think that the size of the human population has a negative effect on the earth's environment and other species that live on the planet.

*puts hand up*
*roll of the eyes* We are the only creatures on the planet who are intentionally trying to not consume all the resources they can. We are the only creatures that are being careful and attempting to change their environment for the better.

Scuzzy

Old 08-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #80
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Uber, you haven't proven anything yet for me to concede too. Help me understand why the process of water filtration that is applied in cities like Singapore and Chicago could not be applied all over the world.