Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 09-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Wizard

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Spy config - disguise binds

I've been messing around with my old TFC spy config and have got it working for FF

When playing spy you hold down n and press 1-9 to change to your own colour and relevant class, and holding down m and pressing 1-9 changes you to the enemy colour and relevant class.

Had to add a rebind in after each disguise line otherwise it screwed up all the slot bindings (didn't have to do that for TFC!)

Anyhow, it's pasted below incase anyone wants to use it.

Couple of points, I have no idea what would happen if you were playing a map with 3 or more teams of different colours on - I used friendly and enemy as I'm lazy and only wanted 2 keys to use.
It's also untidy and uncommented - again I'm lazy.

alias +disguisefriendly "bind 1 dis1;bind 2 dis2;bind 3 dis3;bind 4 dis4;bind 5 dis5;bind 6 dis6;bind 7 dis7;bind 8 dis8;bind 9 dis9"
bind "n" "+disguisefriendly"

alias +disguiseenemy "bind 1 dis11;bind 2 dis21;bind 3 dis31;bind 4 dis41;bind 5 dis51;bind 6 dis61;bind 7 dis71;bind 8 dis81;bind 9 dis91"
bind "m" "+disguiseenemy"

alias rebind "Bind 1 Slot1; Bind 2 Slot2; Bind 3 Slot3; Bind 4 Slot4; Bind 5 Slot5; Bind 6 Slot6; Bind 7 Slot7; Bind 8 Slot8; Bind 9 Slot9"

alias dis1 "disguise Friendly Scout; say_team Disguising to Friendly Scout ; rebind"
alias dis2 "disguise Friendly Sniper; say_team Disguising to Friendly Sniper; rebind"
alias dis3 "disguise Friendly Soldier; say_team Disguising to Friendly Soldier; rebind"
alias dis4 "disguise Friendly Demoman; say_team Disguising to Friendly Demoman; rebind"
alias dis5 "disguise Friendly Medic; say_team Disguising to Friendly Medic; rebind"
alias dis6 "disguise Friendly Heavy Weapons Guy; say_team Disguising to Friendly Heavy Weapons Guy; rebind"
alias dis8 "disguise Friendly Pyro; say_team Disguising to Friendly Pyro; rebind"
alias dis8 "disguise Friendly Spy; say_team Disguised as Friendly Spy; rebind"
alias dis9 "disguise Friendly Engineer; say_team Disguising to Friendly Engineer; rebind"

alias dis11 "disguise Enemy Scout; say_team Disguising to Enemy Scout; rebind"
alias dis21 "disguise Enemy Sniper; say_team Disguising to Enemy Sniper; rebind"
alias dis31 "disguise Enemy Soldier; say_team Disguising to Enemy Soldier; rebind"
alias dis41 "disguise Enemy Demoman; say_team Disguising to Enemy Demoman; rebind"
alias dis51 "disguise Enemy Medic; say_team Disguising to Enemy Medic; Bind; rebind"
alias dis61 "disguise Enemy Heavy Weapons Guy; say_team Disguising to Enemy Heavy Weapons Guy; rebind"
alias dis81 "disguise Enemy Pyro; say_team Disguising to Enemy Pyro; rebind"
alias dis81 "disguise Enemy Spy; say_team Disguised as Enemy Spy; rebind"
alias dis91 "disguise Enemy Engineer; say_team Disguising to Enemy Engineer; rebind"

Have fun
Wiz
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
halo

Good script .
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Thanks for posting this, I could use something like this myself. I have always hated using the GUIs (regardless of how eloquently they are designed) for disguising.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
asskicker
Jailbreak Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to asskicker
Thx, but would it be possible to push one button and disguise?
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Wizard

Uh it is, but then you would need even more keys available - 1-9 for friendly f1-f9 for enemy etc

Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

Do like yours it is confortable accept when you get to keys 7-9. but i do like it.

Spy.cfg

heres mine i basicly converted from my tfc one, has a working cycler where you can cycle through the clases with either keys you can custom set for the cycler. also has a togglekey make sur eyou set it or it will mess up your crouch key also adds 1-9 on keypad as quick enemy disguise.

Also has capability for 3+ team maps to use hte arrow keys to set the keypad to certain team color disguises then just press the keypad to quickchange.

All with sound effects
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Digital_Ghost

i highly recommend porkchops. I was using a single team disguise one of his from TFC and converted it to FF. I like his new 4 team one much better.

The config uses vox cmds that speak the name of the class so you know what class you have selected, then you press a differnt button to change to that class. Then he has differnt buttons to pick your team color for maps that use more then 2 teams or use something other then your usual red/blue teams.

His is by far best i seen yet, hands down.
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
asskicker
Jailbreak Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to asskicker
How do I use the .cfg? :P
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

place it in the FortressForever/cfg folder and it will auto exec when you load into the class
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 03:12 AM   #10
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Just wanted to note, something I noticed, the Pyro part is messed up in this script. It is listed as "dis8" instead of "dis7" on both parts (as you can see in the op) - just change the numbers to reflect the class.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #11
Wizard

Good spot, amended in my cfg now - Dont think I've ever disguised as a pyro before
I nearly always disguise as a friendly medic on the way out of my base and then a suitable enemy class whilst unseen between bases