Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Restructure #ff.pickup

Please restructure #ff.pickup.

Admins in FF pickup need to be role models of good play and attitude and professional in a sense. Most of the current admins are very far from this ideal and they need to be demoted to + level or just to regular idler level.

Admins cant be loyal to their little crews and clicks and favorite players, I see this everyday.. Needs to go. There can be no bias as an admin, they need to stay out of petty arguments and trolling even when provoked. Admin talk regarding players is reserved for the private admin channels regarding our community and each persons individual ability to play in ff.pickup. Admins need to be professionals.

Admin's are concerned with 1 thing creating a healthy, fair and productive environment for FF. Doing their best daily to achieve this goal.

I used to be admin... I unauthed because I don't think I even have what it takes to be admin and to be honest don't want to associate with half the admins.

Some current admins also take over and run your pickups without ur consent (when I start with + recently). They choose the capts or teams on a daily basis and troll and personally attack u when u suggest otherwise to their plans. This should not happen.

Some current admins are involved in petty personal attacks and stupid arguments daily in the channel and in pickup comz. They personally attack and insult players on a daily basis, usually the same players and cliques of admins and peers alike team up. Whether called for or not, this is unacceptable.

Bad admins will call u out in pickups when u aren't performing to their standards of play which u have to uphold to make them happy. If u mess up, they will make sure u know in a negative way at that moment and point the finger and use more negativity in order to get u to perform. Instead of telling what u can do to make the problem corrected, they just insult and belittle you.

Despite you trying your best they flood the commz about you when you make a mistake and unproductive comments and words that aid no one or anything come out blazing. If they lose or start losing, they blame and are the worst sore loser ever. They get mad when they lose, and they make it clear who they are mad at when they lose. Doesn't sound like an admin to me.

Admins should be able to lose gracefully, not get mad and point fingers. They should offer words of encouragement and instructions on how to fix the deficiencies on their team(s) instead of just calling people floodgates/bad/suck etc.

FF pickup has been so fucking toxic lately. It has been said for years this game has a bad community and now more than ever I am starting to see and believe what these current and lost players are saying.

In my opinion the only people right now who should truly have admin in ff pickup are neon and squeek. They really are a good example of what an admin should play, act and be in FF.

My intentions through this post are to clean up ff and get a new fresh start going with new rules and aspirations for a better community.

Although I hope not, I however think this post is just gonna turn into a flame fest. Notice how I used no names in a negative light. If you play enough, you will know the negative figures who I am speaking about. Maybe through reading this they will learn something about the way they are supposed to act as an admin.

-Thanks

Last edited by truplaya; 06-02-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Drama starting literally as I walk out the door. Have fun, guys. See you in a week.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 06-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
How about just get rid of the assholes who make it so toxic?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
agreed Truplaya.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 06-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I kind of agree with you. But I don't really think there's enough people to "restructure". I mean there's sincerely not enough unbiased non ragey petty people to run pickups as much as we do now. And that's because almost every body rages and gets into petty arguments. You're no exception and neither am I. The ones who don't, simply don't play that much. Some of them are busy, and some of them don't want to be around our toxic community. Either way they're not around consistently enough to run pickups.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
I have been an admin for many years now, and i haven't been the greatest admin, but i try my hardest to contribute to the community each and every day. I suggest this game to people to try to make the community grow. Am i better friends with some players rather than others? For the most part, but i am also very welcoming to new players and am always open to give gaming tips or even go into a server and teach a couple things to a new or rusty player, which to me is what all the admins should be doing, looking to build the player base.

One thing that i do want to note is that if you are a new player in this game, make it clear to everyone in the pickup channel before playing. Most players, if you ask, are willing join a server with you and show you the basics of the game before we get playing. Also, there are going to be people who play this game to WIN(let's face it...losing isn't fun,) so you can't blame some people on the team that are trying to win for getting upset when they lose. Hell I've seen grown men get upset when they lose in ping pong. If you are a new player in this game you have to have patience to get over the learning curve, and then even more patience to get over the skill-curve. THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

I am also very competitive. Most people in the pickup channel come there to compete,(its a competitive scene) and in competition as like all other sports and e-sports there will be said "clicks" or "teams" or "groups" of people who will stick together, who will disagree, and who will make the game difficult for some people. I don't remember the last time i played a game(with a small player base) without people like that.

I said all of that to say thisall my opinion)

Admins should be active and always contributing to the pickup channel. We cannot punish our admins for being competitive, because the whole point of the channel is to compete.

I can completely agree with OJ's points on the issues that he brought up. Although, i can only come up with one suggestion for a solution. We cant be cutting down the admin base(it is already small)We can however, create a strike system, or some type of forum(private forum to fill out and goes to private page that only admins can see) to complain about certain admins and issue for the admins, but they would have to be solid points and issues that have proof behind them. We could create a system for example: three LEGIT complaints with PROOF of someone being a badmin in one week then you lose your admin for a week. Your second time then you lose it for two weeks, third time a month, ect ect.

Let me know what you guys think about my idea.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Part of the reason I stopped playing is because of stupid bullshit that's being brought up already. The community is full of fuckwads, and the people at the top are the worst of them all. It's also bad when it's fucking dead obvious certain people are cheating but the admins do absolutely nothing about it (haven't like half or more of the people that played FF confessed to cheating at some point? It's not like anybody even gives a shit about it anymore, it's pathetic)

Hadez, it's too late for a "strike" system. It's been years and years, we don't need to fucking start that shit now so it can go on for another few years because nothing ever gets done.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #8
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
It's also bad when it's fucking dead obvious certain people are cheating but the admins do absolutely nothing about it (haven't like half or more of the people that played FF confessed to cheating at some point?
You have been on this soapbox for years, Ray.

When I was an active admin, I was willing and happy to look at any demos given to me about accusations. I just needed the player to ask me, "Hey, I think this guy did some funny stuff this game. Will you look at the demo for me?" Only twice was I ever asked to look at someone's demo. I was also willing to look at and did look at demos of player's accused of ruining.

If those people who aren't admins are willing to do more than just sit back complain and actually try to contribute and help out things might improve. As it stands, the admins are a catch-all for every complaint in FF.pickup, which isn't a good thing.

Sorry Ray, I can only listen to so many of your baseless accusations of players using console commands to build sgs faster before I tune it out.

Being an admin blows. Not sure if the community is aware of that, but it does.

Last edited by homie in reboks'; 06-03-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #9
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadez View Post
We cannot punish our admins for being competitive, because the whole point of the channel is to compete.
There's a difference between being competitive and being a dick. Talking poorly to another player isn't going to make them play any better.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #10
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scoooooot
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
Hey guys, have you heard?

There's this dude running for president. He's got pluck. He's got moxie. He's got what it takes to undouche FF!

vote largos for prez 2024
vote largos for headmin 2013

1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread