Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #41
BobTheChainsaw

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Argh, it keeps crashing. I can't join any servers with hunted, too.
BobTheChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #42
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Well I finally got some real playing. I played crossover for about 30 minutes before everything starts getting extremely laggy and finally freezes. Great amount of fun though.
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #43
FleshEatingCheerio

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Excellent. I spent many a year in the tfc days and I must say that this is as similar to the real thing as I had hoped. I have to admit that I almost died when I heard tf2 was to be without conc nades. Luckily, you have saved the day. I am very impressed with the grenades, all of them. I have also heard people complaining about the models, but I find that they are very well done. The importance of the models is to make them unique enough that they stick out from each other, as there are 9 different ones. This game copes with that well. The fighting is fast paced as I had anticipated, although I had doubts of it being possible without destroying fps. I am glad to see this challenge was overcome as well. The levels are impressive to me, as they maintain the simplicity of the originals and don't add any unnecessary objects to detract from the fighting aspect of the game. Thank you very much for the release and I look forward to further experiences with the game.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #44
Storm{63}

WoW
I wake up and decide to check on FF for some reason and find ITS RELEASED!!
Im in line at fileplanet I have to wait 32 damn mins.

I cant wait to play,I stoped playing TFC about a year ago do to some butt clown stealing my account and I just never bought it again for the new account.

This Rocks, and I want to say thanks to the Dev team and I hope to see you all in game soon.

Thanks again

Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #45
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Wow.

I've been playing as my fav class pyro mostly. It's insane how much the pryo has been beefed up. I mean, i was hoping that the pyro would at least get a little more dmg, but went beyond my hopes.

I poo pooed on HW guys and soldiers alike. I got killed mostly by snipers and sgs. It seems that now, pyros can be both played as offensive flag cappers or defensive...as opposed to being that annoying mosquito that even scouts can squash.

Very impressive, dev team, very impressive. I love the additions on the pyro.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #46
kaprodemono

I'm overjoyed with the release of Fortress Forever. So far, the game has been great. The graphics are really awesome. It's also a lot easier to rocket jump for some reason.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 AM   #47
r3d3y3

What a mod. You guys dont need to say you spent time and blood on the dev of this mod, the gameplay says it for itself. Great work FF team. Engy's more fun than ever!! Specially since the last time I played TF was like... damn... 5 years ago............. Let the fun times roll!!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #48
Rawd

Hey Dr. Uuge. Did you try out the flame glide yet? aim your flamethrower down and jump around.
Rawd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #49
Noodlesocks

First impressions:

Not bad but I think I'll stick with TFC for now. FF is fun but there's just too many inconsistencies and balance issues that really stop it from being something I would play regularly.

For instance.

- Concs seem to be random. Most of the time I get them to work and I go flying how I want but some times it pushes me backwards or straight up into the air or just stops me on the spot

- Modes. Hunted mode isn't particularly fun. Not focussed enough and the rounds tend to be overly short, either because the civ escapes or he dies.

Push I don't like at all. classes don't get grenades when some classes are fairly dependant on them. Especially when engineers still get their turrets.

- Turrets, they were never this good. Going up against a turret with anything but soldier is likely to get you screwed now. One single turret prevented us from doing anything on push, even with soldiers.

- Snipers weren't this effective either. Sure, they were easy to use in TFC but FF sniper really takes the cake

- Heavy classes feel too fast at moving

---

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy the game. Just these minor details that just makes it not nearly as fun to play as TFC. I certainly don't get that epic feeling after a chaotic round on FF that I do in TFC

Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #50
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

The soldier is definitely not over-powered.

Awesome mod!!! Went beyond my expectations. I haven't experienced any lag or crashing glitches like others and think the game is great. Just a few things that stuck out for me:
One of the textures in ff_well where the roof meets the wall in the entrance was glitched... stupid thing to say, I know, but just stuck out to me.
The model for the shotgun (not the super-shotgun. I love that) is lacking. It looks really strange and the arms look very odd holding it.
In dustbowl, is defense supposed to get no frags or deaths? No matter how many times I killed or died, nothing showed up. It really bugged me when I thought I was doin' really well and hit TAB to reveal... 0 0.

Amazing job, devs.
punkrockrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #51
BaliAgha

Well I used to love to play soldier but WTF is this?

Very laggy delays, very weird double jump, and whats with the rockets going so slow? No more rocket jumping?

All in all, very laggy responses from all weapons and maps/models need fixing.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 AM   #52
Noodlesocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockrocks
The soldier is definitely not over-powered.
If you're referring to me, I never said they were.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #53
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

The game has to be made aof pure awesome. I mean, everything is so much fun. besides one thing...

This:

That gap hurts, cause you cn't effectively get past it.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #54
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I wonder how that happened, actually. The last version of Dustbowl we tested didn't have that problem
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #55
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
I wonder how that happened, actually. The last version of Dustbowl we tested didn't have that problem
Someone broked it
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #56
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

We need to get a mapper in here STAT!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:13 AM   #57
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Also, the map ff_2fort is made of awesome. Since it's not 2fort...ya know *nudge, nudge*

Old 09-14-2007, 02:13 AM   #58
Zrix

Class/Position: Engineer / O&D
Gametype: CTF & AD
Just played 2.5 Hours, and it's awesome - feels just right, but still new.
I'm pleased to find that my favourite class(engi) is still as much fun as before.
The most annoying thing must be the new spy gadgets, keeps messing with my turrets

Off to play some more..

Last edited by Zrix; 09-14-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Zrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #59
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawd
Hey Dr. Uuge. Did you try out the flame glide yet? aim your flamethrower down and jump around.

It's interesting.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #60
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Some of the negative comments remind of what Defrag said about releasing early.

'Fragsies be a prophet!

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote