Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
Smallfluffybunnys

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to Smallfluffybunnys
Problems

The game is good what I have played so far but 3 times now it has completly froze my system. So i wont be going near it again till I figure out the problem had to use my system reset which hasnt happened to any game I have had so far.
Smallfluffybunnys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #22
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

hey what are the ff official and pug channels? I know its on quakenet but what are htey called
mistermojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #23
justin2net

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
still waiting download...70% done.
Thanks FF!
Played NeoTF for a looong time (doomknight).

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
Suite307

I just came in my pants, 60 times.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
IvaQuaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojo
hey what are the ff official and pug channels? I know its on quakenet but what are htey called
#fortressforever on both quakenet and gamesurge
IvaQuaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #26
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Well, I just played around in 2morforever right now, and it it awesome, I'm loving the HUD, the crosshair and timer shit, the weapons shit all of it! I still have to buy a new videocard and more ram cuz it was still laggy, but no problems other than that. Great mod
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
Forz

Runns great! looks Great!!

Doors are fucked! soilder shoots to slow or the scout runs to fast one of the two. Feels just like tfc for me alittle faster pased.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #28
Jabberwhacky

I played Hunted for a bit, and it seems really good, but what's the deal with the activateable windows? Were those in TFC? I don't remember them, but it's been a long time. They just seem kinda lame that snipers can charge up their full shot while having a clear view AND being totally immune to damage. Although, it is nice that a bazooka blast covers the window in soot and makes them much less useful, so I guess that's good.

Otherwise, awesome job! Keeps like 99% of TFC and updates it with a shiny new engine.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
Foxtrick

Nicely styled game. One thing I did notice during load up, was no actual sound or clicks as I went through the menus. Something that always seemed prominent in HL1, regardless of mod.Not really saying thats good or bad. [EDIT] Music didnt play on first loadup? does now tho

Generally, very fun. Its very cool to watch the conc affect distort right infront of you. Its frustrating to have SG's aimed right at you before you enter a room - constantly. Instead of a roaming aim that can be fooled and out skilled, or simply being forunate to have a couple of secs before it tracks you.

Otherthan that, I've had FF freeze completely mid play on map well playing Soldier several times yet didnt happen playing other classes :/

Anyway, very well done to the dev team. PS, put a less tame picture as a backdrop of FF

Last edited by Foxtrick; 09-13-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #30
BobTheChainsaw

It is awesome.
BobTheChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #31
kushzor

Send a message via MSN to kushzor
The game is really great and fun.

I knew i should have cancelled my week end

Good job devs
kushzor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #32
phatfish
part-time

Just some thoughts from the first few hrs playing.

PROS:
- It's FF
- Feel of weapons and grens is great, a lot like TFC.
- Movement seems fine to.
- No major bugs that would cause big problems for people. New guys can get a good idea of what the game is like.

CONS:
- Maps could use some work, not quite a polished as i thought they would be. Some bugs in there too, like the doors (it wouldn't be TF without door bugs ).
- Some balancing issues, SG seems a bit slow, HW is quite powerful.

Overall a very good first release, feedback from the community should help make it a first class mod, along with some work from the devs of course
phatfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #33
AdamR

Gametype: Hunted
Send a message via Skype™ to AdamR
Bloody marvellous!

I'd like to be able to turn off those hints though.
Oh, and centre player names.
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #34
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
cl_hudhints 0

I don't recall the center-names thing, check the cl_ commands.

*edit by trepid_jon* I think it's actually cl_hints 0 (cl_hudhints may be the old cvar, not sure)

Last edited by trepid_jon; 09-13-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #35
AdamR

Gametype: Hunted
Send a message via Skype™ to AdamR
Thanks
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #36
Tyrus

To me, an etf/q3f player, the maps seem a little cramped in some hallways. For example, the main entrance halls on well and also the flagroom in monkey is very small.

Also, there is no "3,2,1" grenade timer. It's just a bunch of lousy beeps and some joke ones as well.

All the other querks are things that will be dealt with through minor adjustments. For example: Rocket Aim.

Overall though, great job! Love it.
Tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #37
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
It took several hours to download/install and a good half hour to get the game to work (stupid firewall kept alt+tabbing me). As soon as I can get into a server, the map changes.
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #38
MasterBlaster

I'm fucking gutted.

I was expecting so much more from this mod..I've had a hard-on for 2 years for this,yet it looks and plays like a TFC beta release

I feel like I ordered Lobster in a restaurant and was served beans on toast.

Animations 2/10
Graphics 4/10
Sounds 4/10
Having to restart my pc 4 times due to FF completely killing my pc ...Priceless

I'm so sorry to sound mean..I know the chaps who made this sweated blood to make it happen..But I'll stick with TFC for the time being

Old 09-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #39
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Awesome, awesome, good good...
nice maps, weapons,models, sgs,etc
just needs a trainingmode or bots for listenserv in the future and it's set.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #40
SAM
Stupid Idea Mill

Class/Position: D-pyro/demo O-scout/demo/pyro
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: TPF
Overall i think it's everything we've all been hoping for, but it does need some balance tweaking. It's all little things though aside from the Soldier, overheat, and sg's. Everything else may as well be considered aesthetics.

Big three problems?

1. Soldiers are the same as TFC. They rape EVERYTHING except long distance snipers. I don't even play soldier and i had no trouble slaughtering pretty much anyone or anything. It says something that soldiers don't seem to even bother worrying about SG's or HW's, they just run up to them firing and tend to come out on top.

2. Join a server and ask about overheat. Turn the volume down though, you don't want kids or ladies hearing that kind of language. Out of ~80 people I asked only 4 or 5 said they wouldn't rather have some other means of balancing him out than overheating, and all of them said it went against the whole point of the class.

3. Sentryguns. It's got 2 chainguns and a bigass radar dish on top, but it fires slowly enough and has a small enough range that on crossover people can just stand outside it's range and throw grenades at it, or run out and throw one and run back in before getting shot. They do enough damage it's just they don't really seem to be all that consistent.

Aside from those three things I literally have no complaints, everything else is exactly how I would expect it to be or just a run of the mill glitch in a first release. Animation errors and whatnot. I'll put together a bunch of screenshots and make a bugpost sometime tomorrow. For now I'm too damn addicted to stop for longer than it took to type this up.
SAM is offline   Reply With Quote