Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
o_moridin

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Cz2 Command Centre

Firstly thanks for the update guys.. love your work.. Can't wait!!

Now to my question, if this has been in a previous thread someone point me toward it.

On Cz2 one of my all time fav thing to do was.. go demo.. get to enemy base.. pipe jump in, hide behind gren bag, wait for scout to respawn, follow him to flag room door, as he comes out rush in and lay my detpack... **kaboom** all nme flags reset and (my memory is a bit hazy has been awhile) 10 frags for me =)

Will this feature be in FF??.. it was the most fun you could have on Cz2.. for me anyways.
o_moridin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
o_alligator

Of course it will..why wouldn't it be?
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
o_lchlucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin
Firstly thanks for the update guys.. love your work.. Can't wait!!

Now to my question, if this has been in a previous thread someone point me toward it.

On Cz2 one of my all time fav thing to do was.. go demo.. get to enemy base.. pipe jump in, hide behind gren bag, wait for scout to respawn, follow him to flag room door, as he comes out rush in and lay my detpack... **kaboom** all nme flags reset and (my memory is a bit hazy has been awhile) 10 frags for me =)

Will this feature be in FF??.. it was the most fun you could have on Cz2.. for me anyways.
Loved doing that on this map. That and sniping were good times in pubs on this map. For me anyway.
o_lchlucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
o_fresh

It was a brilliant feature of Cz2, It was a brilliant way to secure victory or to counter an attacking team.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #5
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
indeed, CZ2 was such a great sniping map. why? because you have more than one direction to stare at, and you actually have somewhere to hide..

Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I'd bet on them including it. Thinkin'... five bucks.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
o_nezumi

It really should be easier to get into the flag room. Like if there was an air vent you could pipe yourself into that lead in there.

Holy shit, that's it!! I'm implementing that into ff_tiger! Haha, awesome. But still it's even harder to get into the enemy flag room in CZ2 'cause there's 2 sets of doors that won't open for you. It was actually often possible to det your enemy's flags in tiger.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
o_donny

I havent done that (I dont play much in demo, only if no-one plays and team needs a block to be removed), I recall seeing it happen though. Unique feature indeed.

I like the idea on seeing what caps are taken by teams without being in the base.

My question to the trepids: Is there still the "overview map" thing in the HQ?
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
o_ghost

I would think that would be a neccessity. Either that or some other system to know who controls the points.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #10
o_ohcanep

Aren't the beams of light originating from each command point just that? But jea, a map in the HQ still hits the spot as you're not likely to see those beams from within your control room and it gives you, well, an overview of the battlefield.

Regarding the chief topic here, I'd bet more than 5 bucks... like 5 euros that they'll include that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
It really should be easier to get into the flag room. Like if there was an air vent you could pipe yourself into that lead in there.
I agree with the first part but as the control room - if being the same as before - is mainly visited by scouts, wouldn't that vent thing make it too easy?
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #11
o_nezumi

CZ2 needs something to make it easier. I could rarely even do it on pubs when no one was bothering much on def.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 AM   #12
o_balls

Blowing the command center should give team points!
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
o_moridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
CZ2 needs something to make it easier. I could rarely even do it on pubs when no one was bothering much on def.

Naw don't make it easier.. the challenge of it was what made it so sweet when you finally succeded
o_moridin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #14
o_3vil9rin

Agreed, it should be tough to det the control room.
Tiger was too easy, and allowed direct access to the spawn points, so once you dropped the detpack you could continue to rack up the frags as people spawn onto your pipes & mirvs

Cz2 was always a challenge, but thats what was fun about it anyway.

I don't like the idea of these beams of light showing the players which points they need, it would take away a lot of the team communication required. The map in the HQ is the only place you should be able to see which points you currently control.
o_3vil9rin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #15
o_ghost

I don't think it would take all that much away. Lets face it, you probably have little to no comms as it is on a pub so it could only help there so lets focus on clan play.

Most clans put an engy at point 1, 1-2 guys at point 2, 2 guys at point 3, and 1-2 guys at point 4, 3 flagrunners, and whatever is left over harasses flag carriers or tries to blow up the comm center. As one of the defenders you are usually only responsible for your one point and obviously you are going to know the status of that. The people making decisions on where to run flags are the flag runners and they see the map in the comm room. Most of the comms on my clan's voice channel are about if a point is clear of a defender or not and the flag runners announcing where they are going.

I just don't see the beams of light affecting comms that much at all and it can only help gameplay on pub servers.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #16
o_3vil9rin

I don't see how it would benefit play. In the heat of a clan game trying to remember which points you control isn't always easy, but having great beams of light shining into the sky would make it far more so. I don't like it easy, thats all. Maybe you're right though, I think I'm just a bit of a purist.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #17
o_ghost

I didn't say it would benefit clan play. I said it wouldn't affect it that much if at all since the people needing to know where to bring the flags will already have seen the map in the comm center to begin with.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #18
o_3vil9rin

I know what you said, I can read. You state that it will help in public play, but I fail to see how.

It would negate the need for a map at all, so why would people waste time looking at it if it's basically being shown to everyone in the sky.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #19
o_ghost

Maybe you should read what you are writing....

Quote:
I don't see how it would benefit play. In the heat of a clan game trying to remember which points....
Which to me implies that all that was talking about clan games.

Ok, now that I guess we are talking about public play, it will help because CZ2 is more complicated and in my experience most people just run around trying to kill each other and maybe 1 or 2 people on each team are running flags. The lights will probably help new people know where the points are and have a better understanding of the goal of the map. Also, like I said in my first post, there is little to no communication on a public server as it is.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #20
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
its only telling you the CP status for fuck sake.. its not like its beaming up a holographic TV screen listing whos there