Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
o_thndrshk2k

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Gameplay Modes

I know people have asked this about specific maps, but I am personally wondering what kind of gameplay modes the FF team are thinking about implimenting.

Personally I could invision at least two. "Normal" and "Classic". Normal being default FF and Classic being old TFC rules, if Normal settings are too far from TFC's original settings.
But for other Fortress themed gameplay modes I personally don't know what to expect. Most things I can think of have been done in other HL2 mods or seem bleh.

~Defend base for a time limit, and limited number of lives, from NPC horde/opposing team with infinite lives.

~Flag is a timebomb that blows up periodically and penalizes the team who currently has it in their capture zone. But gives points over time for a team who has posession of it. (Giving some teams luck to stealing the flag. Noone should know the timelimit until explosion)

Are the gameplay modes themselves strict into the FF developement crew, or would users have a chance to create some?
o_thndrshk2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
o_fooleycooley

There have been a number of posts concerning LUA implementation for mapping. This is a scriptable frontend to some of the mod's core functions which will allow for a great deal of flexibility, potentially allowing for any number of unique game modes.

FF itself will stick to a number of tried-but-true TF maps, at least for the first few releases...
o_fooleycooley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
o_nezumi

Maybe it'll allow for something like this.

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ead.php?t=1163
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote