Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you play on a Fortress Forever TFC server?
Yes 129 88.97%
No 16 11.03%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2005, 01:38 AM   #61
o_silver

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
tried a name search and it was gone
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2005, 02:39 AM   #62
o_bobserversupport

sorry guys weve been under going lots of changes at the company new boxes etc... the new ip is

216.104.144.220:27015

but you wont need the port anymore since 27015 is default for hl
o_bobserversupport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2005, 06:14 AM   #63
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Great job guys I hope the server gets popular, the dev team hasnt had a chance to talk about this yet ( too busy coding heh). So for now it will have to remain unofficial. However im sure once that IP is finalized we can arrange at least a sticky.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2005, 08:46 PM   #64
o_bobserversupport

that should be the final IP unless something drastic occurs at the company

Old 02-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #65
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
great, youve got a sticky here::

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/v...?p=11780#11780
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #66
o_fallacy

I started playing TFC again last week. So I'll definitly play on this sever.
o_fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2005, 03:36 AM   #67
o_mookette

got around 100 ping from europe to your server^^
o_mookette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #68
o_oinker

i get 156 from cali but my isp sucks so i prolly wont be playing any tfc until i get comcast in april lol.. friggin SBC yahoo dsl contract... -_-
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #69
o_pedro

I think we need to setup a UK/EU server.. preferably all chipping in for a jolt server
o_pedro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2005, 01:44 AM   #70
o_d3pth charge

Not sure why all the hostility towards Bobserversupport, but I want to express my thanks towards his generosity thusfar. He has dedicated servers for beta testing FF, and has set up a FF community TFC server, I think that is very cool, to say the least. I haven't had a chance to play on the server yet, but hopefully you still have all the maps available... I would make it so the default rotation is all the maps FF will come with, but then allow for voting if one wanted to play another map like murderball or a concmap or something.
o_d3pth charge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2005, 03:56 AM   #71
o_bobserversupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnarf
Not sure why all the hostility towards Bobserversupport, but I want to express my thanks towards his generosity thusfar. He has dedicated servers for beta testing FF, and has set up a FF community TFC server, I think that is very cool, to say the least. I haven't had a chance to play on the server yet, but hopefully you still have all the maps available... I would make it so the default rotation is all the maps FF will come with, but then allow for voting if one wanted to play another map like murderball or a concmap or something.
Thanks
I'm still trying to find the right map cycle. I have like 270 maps total on the server so theres something for everyone. Right now its set to murderball, 2fort and dustbowl.

If anyone is interested in becomming an admin plz let me know I need some to help me get the server popular.

here is the full maplist sorry for the size but I cant get it to display on server so I though I would post it here

2chemicalV2 2Desert 2fort 2fort_sg 2fortp 2FortSniper 2mesa3 2morefort1_1 2morfort 3Tfort 119snip 2001spacebowl Acropolis2 armageddon avanti badlands baghdad! bam banana_r bandito2 bases2k1 bases_r2 basketball bassault Betrayed BIGGUNS boot_camp_tfc
bordercontroll borderhl BountyHunt bowlarama Bridge_of_death cablestfc cal_conc-r canalzon candyland carnival2 casbah cave cavein cavernforts charge_r chempit circle_r cnyhnt concing concjump concjumptfc concmap2 concmap3 concmap5 concmap_csi concmap_r concmap_rax cornfield cranetop creek crossover2 crossover crusade cube curse2 curse cz2 darkness2 DARKNESS dcanyon december defy deliverance donut_sumo donutburgers doublep dragon_se driver_tfc dryflag dusk dustbowl dustbowl_space enclave ENGBAT2 engoff epicenter evacuate EXHALE Extraction fatal Feudal firefortress fishinabarrel_beta01 flagcontrol3 flaghunt flagrun flexball FOREVER2 FOREVER fortsake2 freefall4 fry_laser funfactory gasworks gauntlet genome gleadhraich_r goregasm grinch hadley hlfort18 hotballs hrama11 hunted2 hunted HZGAMEV2 icehockey infil jumperctf killbox lb2fort ibwell livewire lostcanyon_r matclub mathockey maya maze1_tfc meltdown1 minigolf minigolf2 minigolf3 monkey monkey_l mooncheese mrdrball2c mulch_die mulch_dm mulch_faf mulch_trench murderball1_3 murderball
murderball-2001 murderball-2002 nao_2fort nao_hunted nao_well nexus3 nml2 NML3 nml nuclear ocanada oldwest openfire openfire_l oppose2k1 osaka osaka_r otto_hunt owiretfc pczone_battle pigskin pipezon2 pipezone planet3c_r pool poolshark prezun prodigal PULL push pushball pushed QUADCAPTURE r00m rats3 rats_ctf ratsxl ravelin rebell2 redemtiontfc RedGiant renegade rock2 rockfort roseball run samurai srummage security_r seismic sewercap shortbus1a shortbus2 shutdown2 shutdown_l skeeball_beta04 skeet skydive smooth snagtheflag sniperball snipercom sniperwell SniperWell_2 sniperx sniperza snipr_cali sniprbase sniprwar soccer spaceball spacedout SpaceFort spaceout spacetubes spikeball sq1 StarCraft stargate stone_wall stowaway_l SUB_HUNT suicidals suprmecy tanis teamfootball techcenter tempst_r2 tempest_r3 TF_HOOD tfbunker tfc_d-day tfcborder2a TFCTEST the_valley_2 theft thekeep tig_hunt TIGER titanic torch2 Torch totalwar training turkeyburgers2 Turkeyburgers Turkeyburgers_tfc updraft Vidar2 Vidars villa warpath warring_snipers well2 well wrath WrestlingTFC wstland2_revb01 wstland3 wstland4 x_files xD_DM xenzone xmaswell3 YG your2small

Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #72
o_silver

i would help u out, but i don't play reg grav that much, besides i'm tryin to get my server up at the moment

Old 02-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #73
o_d3pth charge

bob, i will try out the server tonight and see how i ping, and get back to you.
o_d3pth charge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 PM   #74
o_1337-n008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returner
I've always resented admin mod because it can run commands on your client. It really is no different from hacking into someone's computer and doing things with it. No one besides me should have the right to control my client. If I could, I'd write a program that blocks admin mod.
Admin mod owns u. It's people like you that make games boring.. whining all the time. =D Admin mod is a must have for any server. When a hacker or just a person acting like an ass comes into the server, you can have so much more fun changing their cvars then banning them. I am an admin on a CS server and we hooked up one dood that was being a complete jackass in the server. Didn't see him till about a month later once he figured out to restore everything and how to do it. Basically, if ur gonna be a prick in my server, ur gonna be a prick in everyone else's. So I will do my best to make sure that you can't ruin the fun in mine or anyone else's server.
o_1337-n008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2005, 11:42 PM   #75
o_silver

admin_execclient unbindall
or the ever popular
admin_execclient cdtray open or w/e that command was

Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #76
o_sobe green

The more annoying hackers can easily fight the "admin_execclient" even a non hacker can. By setting your config to read-only nothing is going to happen. Go ahead unbind my keys, I'll hit escape, and type exec config.cfg, instantly I can play again. Back in the day though I ran a CS 1.4 server called "SoBe's Love Shack". We had a regular who was about 10-13. To this day I'm not sure if he was a he or a she. Either way he (going to call it that) would constantly cuss and scream at us on the mic. But no matter how many times I kicked him he'd come back. After awhile everybody was used to him and we all just ignored it. Occassionally though I'd turn his voice on without him knowing it. We once heard his mom yelling and screaming at him to get off the computer. It was fun. Good times, *wipes tear*.

Either way, I hate admin_execclient on any server I don't have power on. There were alot of neat plugins that made use of it though.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #77
o_e-dog-tpf-

Hrmm.. I don't really know what admin mod is... but the way you guys talk, it sounds less like a useful tool, and more like an ANNOYING tool for admins on a power trip to pick on whoever they please. (not suggesting that anyone hear does that, but It sound's like it could be a VERY possible situation). There are enough admins out there who will abuse their powers. They don't need to be given even MORE tricks to pull, imho.
o_e-dog-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 02:27 AM   #78
o_sobe green

Its very useful, but in the wrong hands its not that great.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #79
o_kamikaze44

Any commands like execclient shouldn't be a problem on a server where you have mature admins that knows how to handle the responsiblity. Stuff like that should be up to the admin to decide, as the player you can always choose where to play at, if you don't like a server then play somewhere else but the servers with the abusive admins won't have too many regulars since ppl don't like abusive admins. Complaining about execclient makes no sense to me at all.
o_kamikaze44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 07:11 AM   #80
o_thedarkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337-N008
When a hacker or just a person acting like an ass comes into the server, you can have so much more fun changing their cvars then banning them.
People like you make me glad I make back-ups of my configs. There's nothing worse than joining a server and getting hit by some asshole admin on a power trip.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote