Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Yea I honestly didn't want more than 2 goodfellas a round...3 max if necessary! Yo nukem, good job on the avatar, lol.
edit:
I notice something funny while viewing the rankings.
http://ugcleague.com/rankings_ff5.cfm
We're still #1! Even with the fake loss against KBN that infy still has to fix .

Last edited by Gator-; 07-03-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Congrats e0...however illegit the win is, you won it within the rules of the league...still beat us, so no dispute from me.

Really disappointing that after a 3 week bye KBN couldn't muster enough players to even attempt to play...pathetic too be honest. I'm not exactly sure I'd let KBN stay in UGC if I was the admin...it's pretty much just showing everyone up in the league after they go 7-1 during the season and don't even bother to show up for the final and just hand e0 the title without a fight, weak sauce.

Anyway...hopefully next season will be different...if they bother to even show up to play.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #23
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
I'm not exactly sure I'd let KBN stay in UGC if I was the admin...it's pretty much just showing everyone up in the league after they go 7-1 during the season and don't even bother to show up for the final and just hand e0 the title without a fight, weak sauce.
What you talking about dudebro? If they didn't have the players, they didn't have the players. Not much you can do about that.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #24
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
its not like they all died in an airplane crash, i saw a few online actually. if they made it every single week more or less they chose not to show. it wasnt like they just all of a sudden had a hardcore obligation on wednesday at 9pm that "just came up"

Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
rodox
dunkaroos

Class/Position: Railgun
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Send a message via AIM to rodox
I even told nuk3m a day a head of time there probably wasn't going to be a match... Believe me, I wanted to play in the match, but with events that unfolded the day before made it beyond my control.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #26
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
What you talking about dudebro? If they didn't have the players, they didn't have the players. Not much you can do about that.
Oh I know, and e0 beat us (/order/) so I'm not really complaining that they won...they won within the rules of the league...a forfeit=win...it's just REALLY disappointing that the title wasn't "won" it was a gift.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I feel this entire thing has been handled poorly by all parties, but please allow me to explain why.

1. KBN disbanded the day/night of the match, or, collectively had other obligations. That's fine. Why didn't a representative of the clan bring something up besides "Oh, we don't want to play Goodfellas". Guess what, you probably would have had to play them anyway.

2. There's no real glory in wearing a championship badge/tag/whatever when the other team didn't play. This isn't :e0:'s fault, but it's kind of... hollow.

3. The reason this isn't :e0:'s fault is because another championship match should have been scheduled in place of this. For example, ask order or... well, this does seem to be an issue because I can't think of another clan off the top of my head. Yeah, they already played order, but simply asking wouldn't have hurt anything... even if the match is just 'cuz'.

4. Lack of clans. Why? The drama. One of the biggest reasons why there is a serious lack of clans in FF and why the number of players has dwindled dramatically. It's a sad combination of people taking things too seriously and, at the same time, not taking it seriously enough. There is a happy medium that, thus far in FF, hasn't really existed. For every Goodfellas, there is a KBN... if you catch my drift.

5. Why the hell did I even write this? I handled this poorly as well.

P.S. Grats :e0:.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Maybe for next season you can join us during prac Credge , would be great

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:

Old 07-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Maybe for next season you can join us during prac Credge , would be great
I came to practice until I realized that I didn't like the atmosphere that certain members brought.

Hence why I stopped showing =\.

UGC Season 2? Sure thing.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #30
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Great

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:

Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #31
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
I came to practice until I realized that I didn't like the atmosphere that certain members brought.
Organization? Tips? Dedication? Getting into business and stop wasting time? Constant pressure to not give up and try harder?

You're pathetic if you think that's a bad atmosphere.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #32
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
Quote:

3. The reason this isn't :e0:'s fault is because another championship match should have been scheduled in place of this. For example, ask order or... well, this does seem to be an issue because I can't think of another clan off the top of my head. Yeah, they already played order, but simply asking wouldn't have hurt anything... even if the match is just 'cuz'.

yea because order could pull 5 people out of the air, and they beat order last week, trust me this isn't what we wanted to happen, idealy it would of been e vs eo and kbn vs order but stuff happens, kbn didn't have 5, it happens atleast if what rodox says is true they were told they probally weren't going to have a match, thats the best thing that could happen if a foriet has to come.

and about removing kbn from the league i am pretty sure they disbanded
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #33
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
Quote:
I didn't like the atmosphere that certain members brought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-
You're pathetic
Whatever do you mean Credge?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #34
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nF3D4L
yea because order could pull 5 people out of the air, and they beat order last week, trust me this isn't what we wanted to happen, idealy it would of been e vs eo and kbn vs order but stuff happens, kbn didn't have 5, it happens atleast if what rodox says is true they were told they probally weren't going to have a match, thats the best thing that could happen if a foriet has to come.

and about removing kbn from the league i am pretty sure they disbanded
I'm simply saying that you guys could have maybe have simply had another match. You know, tried to find another clan that simply wanted to play? It's kind of lame if you end a season on a forfeit win, know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-
Organization? Tips? Dedication? Getting into business and stop wasting time? Constant pressure to not give up and try harder?

You're pathetic if you think that's a bad atmosphere.
Riiiight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Whatever do you mean Credge?
I'm not very sure, to be honest.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #35
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
yea , i understand, but i think atleast from what ive seen the last few weeks is that most clans don't have many people show on wednesdays
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #36
.50bmg
mine is bigger

Class/Position: low class (freaky) / girl on top
Gametype: slap and tickle
Affiliations: :e0: leadership, founder of {FYC}
Send a message via AIM to .50bmg
Nobody on :e0: was happy with the forfeit... This is not how we wanted to win... Regardless though, the fault is not on :e0:, and talking of us having no class for celebrating such a win is frankly crap. We did not find KBN members and tie them up so they couldn't play. Everybody knew the date for the final match. Whatever the reason - they didn't show - and we won. End of story. That event does not change the fact that it was we who made it to the finals to face them. If we were not worthy of the title, we never would have made it this far. As for the ‘fellas, their assistance and guidance was much appreciated, however look at the teams we faced. Every team we beat, we likely could have beat by ourselves - and our one posted loss, is the team we would have likely lost to anyways. So in the end, their assistance did not change the fact that the eternal order was deserving of its title match, and even via forfeit, by defacto, its title. Believe me or not as you will...

Old 07-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #37
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by .50bmg
Nobody on :e0: was happy with the forfeit... This is not how we wanted to win... Regardless though, the fault is not on :e0:, and talking of us having no class for celebrating such a win is frankly crap. We did not find KBN members and tie them up so they couldn't play. Everybody knew the date for the final match. Whatever the reason - they didn't show - and we won. End of story. That event does not change the fact that it was we who made it to the finals to face them. If we were not worthy of the title, we never would have made it this far. As for the ‘fellas, their assistance and guidance was much appreciated, however look at the teams we faced. Every team we beat, we likely could have beat by ourselves - and our one posted loss, is the team we would have likely lost to anyways. So in the end, their assistance did not change the fact that the eternal order was deserving of its title match, and even via forfeit, by defacto, its title. Believe me or not as you will...
I don't think anyone is saying you aren't deserving of the title or the match. I know I'm not.

What I'm saying is that the badge, while deserved, is kind of hollow in meaning. It's not :e0:'s fault. It's KBN's, partially the leagues (although the league can only do so much), and the partially the FF player base for being incredibly small.

It's a major cop-out by KBN to forfeit/disband/whatever and not play the final match regardless of their problem with the goodfellas.

In a sense, it's like Barry Bonds and his *. Yeah, he broke the record, but because of the circumstances it's kind of meaningless. In this case, it's not the fault of person that won.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #38
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Well either way im going to wear this badge, because it represents everything we put forward into this season, regardless of the circumstances. my members, I considered all champions from day one just from the effort they put into this clan.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #39
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
Well either way im going to wear this badge, because it represents everything we put forward into this season, regardless of the circumstances. my members, I considered all champions from day one just from the effort they put into this clan.
Awww, that's so cute...

Congrats again e0

Old 07-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #40
tml
make it rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by .50bmg
and talking of us having no class for celebrating such a win is frankly crap.
lol pls buddy, theres a difference of celebrating a win and wearing a tag boasting that you are the champions...

are you the champions according to league rules? ya

are you actually the champions? nah

so take off the stupid tag youre not impressing anyone but yourselves. wearing the tag just shows how much you guys like to gloat. Good job guys you won(lol) the fortress forever league by default against like 6 clans

LETS THROW A PARADE

Closed Thread