Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #41
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Wherein the criminal law of the land is, if they don't wish to prosecute and instead settle it out of the court, that's acceptable under most circumstances.
Just so I'm clear on what you're saying. Are you suggesting that criminal cases are settled out of court? Where does that occur? AFAIK that can't happen under either US, Canadian or British Law.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #42
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian
so, how exactly does one convince that the muslim cluture's policy of intollerance and voluntary apartheid is not acceptable in the country that the muslims have moved to, without becoming intollerant oneself?
Practicing your religion or recognizing your past, culture, and ancestors isn't intolerance, per se. Being different is not intolerance. Rejecting differences is.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 02:44 AM   #43
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Just so I'm clear on what you're saying. Are you suggesting that criminal cases are settled out of court? Where does that occur? AFAIK that can't happen under either US, Canadian or British Law.
We can agree that a stabbing is a criminal case?

And we can agree the victim and his family decided to settle out of court, thus allowing this Sharia court to rule, thus spawning this article and the entire conversation up to now?

So, yes. That's what I'm saying, I guess.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:52 AM   #44
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

You're saying that settling out of court in a criminal case is ok under US or British Law? Since when? Criminal law is not perpetrator vs victim. It's the Gov't vs perpetrator with the victim as witness or evidence (depending on the crime). If you're aware of a single case where settling out of court has happened under US or UK Criminal Law please post a link. What you're describing is not permitted at all.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #45
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Well, they did it. Can I just repost the link at the beginning of this thread?

Old 12-01-2006, 03:49 AM   #46
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I see what you're saying now. I think that's the wrong thing to do. If Sharia wants to step in after the established criminal justice system has run it's course fine...but it should never be a replacement.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 AM   #47
o_uber

It's not.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:54 AM   #48
o_the russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Practicing your religion or recognizing your past, culture, and ancestors isn't intolerance, per se. Being different is not intolerance. Rejecting differences is.
if you tell me that the majority of the middle eastern culture isnt exclusionary, intollerant of change, and apartheid leaning in th emost liberal of environments... I'll pay for your tickets to any middle eastern nation. (minus Israel, because Israeli arabs and muslims happened to share the highest quality of life in the arab world, their tollerance is no excuse!)

In all seriousnes, if someones ancestors were nazis and they wanted to excersise their culture, tradisions, and admonish their ancestors, they legaly could in this country, but few would dare to call to make peace with that, and they'd be barred on legal grounds from serving in any and all public institutions.

It would be ignorant to say that every middle easterner is non-conformist, apartheid-seeking, or inherently intollerant... but I dont see the necessity or justification of political correctness, in pretended that every one of them that immigrated here is not. Time to open your eyes and start watching those inner-european protests. Unless you're able to make a case for mob mentality of the entire middle east, that arguement will be beaten with every hate-mongering slogal plackard warning of death to the infidels carried by the "peaceful" protesters after mohammad appeared in a cartoon. God forbid they didnt get enough footage of the massacres in Beslan, WTO, Spanish trains, British subways... the CARTOON went too far!
o_the russian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #49
o_gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
And to not prosecute because the parties involved don't want to press charges. At what point does criminal law step in and enforce what's on the books?
I stopped reading after this point as most people obviously don't have a clue.

Charges will still be brought against a suspect even should the victim decide that they themselves do not wish to press charges. The state will bring charges if either the crime committed is of a serious enough nature or the subject is deemed likely to reefed or to have committed similar previous crimes. However, discretion can and will be used.

This is highlighted by the recent campaign regarding domestic violence, highlighting to the public that if you abuse someone within the home, they complain and then withdraw the accusation, then action will still be taken against the offender.
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #50
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
It's not.
In the article quoted at the beginning it was Uber.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #51
o_uber

Well it's not really a replacement, if the English court can't prosecute in the first place. If the charges are dropped, then there's no obligation of the official English courts. Thereafter, the Sharia court is a voluntary option for both parties.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #52
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian
if you tell me that the majority of the middle eastern culture isnt exclusionary, intollerant of change, and apartheid leaning in th emost liberal of environments... I'll pay for your tickets to any middle eastern nation. (minus Israel, because Israeli arabs and muslims happened to share the highest quality of life in the arab world, their tollerance is no excuse!)

In all seriousnes, if someones ancestors were nazis and they wanted to excersise their culture, tradisions, and admonish their ancestors, they legaly could in this country, but few would dare to call to make peace with that, and they'd be barred on legal grounds from serving in any and all public institutions.

It would be ignorant to say that every middle easterner is non-conformist, apartheid-seeking, or inherently intollerant... but I dont see the necessity or justification of political correctness, in pretended that every one of them that immigrated here is not. Time to open your eyes and start watching those inner-european protests. Unless you're able to make a case for mob mentality of the entire middle east, that arguement will be beaten with every hate-mongering slogal plackard warning of death to the infidels carried by the "peaceful" protesters after mohammad appeared in a cartoon. God forbid they didnt get enough footage of the massacres in Beslan, WTO, Spanish trains, British subways... the CARTOON went too far!
Middle Eastern nations aren't the most liberal of environments. I don't know what you're talking about.

What's worse is you're comparing Muslims to Nazis. Come on. Let's get real. The extermination of Jews is obviously a violation of human rights, and obviously ethically and morally wrong. Recognizing, however, you have past lineage with that is different. Oh, BTW, you know that Pope guy, yeah he was Nazi child (in Hitler Youth).

Hmm, entire Middle East rioting and mobbing? Seems like another one of your fallacies. But it's really easy to think that when you ignore the calls for peace and the end of the violent protests by high-ranking Muslims across the world. And please don't common about theological, canonical, and doctrinal issues of which you have very little knowledge on.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #53
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
and i bet you were a scout when you were younger. its just a kiddie club. they don't make an informed decision to join based on the fact that its in support of facism?

Old 12-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #54
o_uber

I wasn't actually.

"Youths in HJ camps learned to use weapons, built up their physical strength, learned war strategies, and were indoctrinated in anti-Semitism." Not exactly you're average boy scouts. That said, I wasn't trying to make Benedict out as a fascist or anti-Semite.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #55
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Santa Norris has spoken. "Ho Ho Ho POW!"

Old 12-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #56
o_frenchtoast

Boy Scouts of America teach children hatred of gays/lesbians and atheists.

All these groups are all bigoted.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #57
o_yomamashouse

Is boy scouts a christian organization? What do they accomplish by bringing a bunch of little boys out into the woods all alo.....
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #58
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I do not believe that either Merv or Uber were talking about BSA. And, FWIW, BS reaches internationally and has programs in many countries...including Iraq. But by all mean...continue with your attack that is not true.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #59
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i was comparing boy scouts to the hitler youth, although after uber's response, it's probably more in line with the army cadets.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #60
o_psycnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
Is boy scouts a christian organization? What do they accomplish by bringing a bunch of little boys out into the woods all alo.....
Mormons

*shrug*
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote