Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #21
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast View Post
Oh well. I'm sure now that this misunderstanding has been cleared up, Scuzzy and Innoc will apologize for their rash and ill-informed mockery of the situation.
Misunderstanding? Can you elaborate? I'm not following you.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #22
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
but I think that any politician who uses a teleprompter to speak before children is an idiot. Try to relate to them as actual people instead of a photo-op you f*****g moron.
It's now been shown that he didn't... so... read my post again?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #23
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
It's now been shown that he didn't... so... read my post again?
Sorry, I've read and heard nothing of the sort. Doesn't mean what you say isn't true....just have been super busy with no time to follow up.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Those videos weren't very convincing. I can take a ton of speeches and snip out the uh's and um's and paste them together into one video to make someone seem stupid. When you ignore all the success someone has when speaking impromtu and only show the mistakes, then goddamn, do they seem to be happening all the time. It seems Obama might get a little stressed out or nervous. Woah! Obama is human?
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #25
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Those videos weren't very convincing. I can take a ton of speeches and snip out the uh's and um's and paste them together into one video to make someone seem stupid. When you ignore all the success someone has when speaking impromtu and only show the mistakes, then goddamn, do they seem to be happening all the time. It seems Obama might get a little stressed out or nervous. Woah! Obama is human?
Bridget, I want to be blunt with you right now because I think you're missing something key.

Whenever Bush spoke without a teleprompter/piece of paper/whatever, he looked like an idiot.

When Obama does the exact same thing, he looks like an idiot.

You can listen to every one of his free reigned speeches, debates, etc. and find that he speaks a whole hell of a lot like Bush does. The biggest difference would be that instead of making up words and looking like a retard, he stammers, sputters, uhmms, but-but-but's, and does pretty much everything that a great orator (what people claim him to be) does.

All you've done is write off Bush's terrible speeches as "He's human". I'm fine with that assessment.

To put this another way:

Person 1: The sky is blue.

Person 2: Can you show me some proof?

Person 1: Here are pictures of the sky.

Person 2: Those pictures aren't very convincing.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #26
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Sorry, I've read and heard nothing of the sort. Doesn't mean what you say isn't true....just have been super busy with no time to follow up.
This is one of those times when having uber ignored has worked against you.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Every public appearance for a politician is an opportunity, that's all it is. Do you think he needed a teleprompter to speak to a bunch of kids? No, I suck at public speaking, and I can string together random words and still look good in front of a bunch of 6th graders. Obama (and his PR staff) realize that everytime he speaks, he's going to be criticized by the media, his political opponents, etc.

For all you partisans--this is the system you have created from your partisan bickering. The fact that you're complaining about the circumstances you participate in creating, is hilarious.

As for politicians who are terrible public speakers. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? I'd rather have a good leader than someone who can impress a bunch of idiots with their speech. Besides, I've never met someone who was a good speaker and wasn't an annoying/dishonest twat.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #28
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR View Post
This is yet again the far-right's great contribution to political discourse. This is precisely the type of stuff you can expect from the intellectual right. That is, absolutely nothing.

Even though everyone with half a mind realizes this stuff is absolutely farcical, even if true, we still might ask, "Is it true"? Well, is it true? As anyone with half a mind probably could have guessed (and expected), it's not true. See here, for example. Again, the right's great contribution.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #29
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell View Post
This is one of those times when having uber ignored has worked against you.
On that we will have to disagree.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #30
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
On that we will have to disagree.
I was referring to the fact that he brought up the proof that Obama didn't use the teleprompter when talking to the 6th graders. Which you were ignorant of a few posts ago.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #31
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that he brought up the proof that Obama didn't use the teleprompter when talking to the 6th graders. Which you were ignorant of a few posts ago.
And which I still am. Other than a quote of Ubers that I ignored in FT's post I haven't had time to search for the follow up story. Look, you guys are behaving as if I created the thread and am responsible for the topic. I was simply commenting on the subject as I'd heard snippets through the course of my day. If this has been shown to be a fabrication I'd be interested in hearing further discussion of who did it and why.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #32
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
Too bad Jon Stewart made fun of him for it .
Why too bad? Is Obama some sort of Entity who is beyond ridicule? I made fun of Bush every day.... why shouldn't I be entitled to treating Obama the same way?
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #33
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Quote:
So you'd rather have a leader who doesn't use teleprompters, but makes up words like misunderestimate resulting in the most pathetic representation of the US, making you even more the laughing stock of the rest of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Can we produce a constructive argument against the President or are we going to nitpick?
These two quotes deserve more attention. If there's any wonder why American politics are the laughingstock of the rest of the world, this thread should clear up any confusion. It's really a complete joke. Yet this is what's called "politics" in the United States. Keep up the tremendous work.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #34
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
And which I still am. Other than a quote of Ubers that I ignored in FT's post I haven't had time to search for the follow up story. Look, you guys are behaving as if I created the thread and am responsible for the topic. I was simply commenting on the subject as I'd heard snippets through the course of my day. If this has been shown to be a fabrication I'd be interested in hearing further discussion of who did it and why.
Not at all. I was just mentioning that your question had been answered.

On other notes, I'd rather have the link Scuzzy linked to than this:

I don't think there's gonna be anyone in this thread who would honestly disagree. That is, if they ignored personal politics.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #35
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Why too bad? Is Obama some sort of Entity who is beyond ridicule? I made fun of Bush every day.... why shouldn't I be entitled to treating Obama the same way?
Oh, that was sarcasm. I was kind of pointing out that if Jon Stewart pokes fun at it then you probably shouldn't be defending it.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #36
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

That's a terrible argument.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #37
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Dems: Obama's in trouble, BLAME BUSH!!!!!! Obama looks like an idiot, HEY LOOK AT BUSH!!!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #38
Bridget
Banned

You're crying about something positive: our President wishing to be well spoken. We're just pointing out that Bush was a terrible speaker, and that we don't want another speaker like him, whether it takes a teleprompter or not.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #39
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
He didn't.
It's obvious you didn't look at the link.

Flag on the wall, cute little mat on the floor. Some kid drawings on the wall, a couple of maps, a globe, some charts, baskets full of school supplies, chalk boards, cute little critters. If that is not a class room it must be the DNC office.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #40
Bridget
Banned

Well, what's funny about that? Please, explain.