Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #21
gizmofo
The Bestest

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Stupid question-
Is the whole "Happy New Years" thing in? It was like a tradition hearing that thing every year.. and seeing all those grenades as presents =)

Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Congrats IHMHI, on getting into the Beta team. I've done some Beta(Alpha, actually) testing on Dodgeball:Source....it was a lot of fun, and that game was pretty damned playable even in the Alpha stage.

I do have a question for ya(and the dev team): Are you strictly playing on Dev made maps, or are you giving the community maps some time?

I need to get back on that server, and see if any progress has been made on Badlands....but the partially done map I saw looked awesome!

Avanti, however, is the shit! That map is incredibly well done!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #23
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofo
Stupid question-
Is the whole "Happy New Years" thing in? It was like a tradition hearing that thing every year.. and seeing all those grenades as presents =)
No(t yet).

Iggy: Imbrifer's "attrition" is in the lineup, mostly for testing I think. I don't know of any other community maps that are in.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #24
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I can't wait till this comes out, seroiusly. All this talk about it is driving me crazy.

Where do I find info about the changes, btw? I'm like, missing lot's of info.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Mostly just by reading threads and dev journals. A list of what has been told to the public isn't out there right now.

When the game comes out there will be a list though...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #26
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
...a whole fuckin' wiki in fact.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #27
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
How do I get in on helping the beta test out?
There are a lot of people who want to get in on the beta test. Keep in mind that we have about 24 beta testers and the devs. There is a possibility they might expand on that number, but it is up in the air.

Basically, all of the forum regs who got in were suggested by people who were already in (devs, current beta testers). I would surmise that that would be the case here, and I have a short list of people who I would invite. No offense to any of you, but some of them are my friends in real life. I love you forum d00ds but they take priority, ya know? Plus, you guys can not hurt me in person. They can. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyf
It's good to see all this enthusiasm flowing from the new set of Beta testers. I may be wrong, but I don't recall such posts from the 1st (old) set of Beta testers - no idea who they are/were or whether most have fallen by the wayside since the initial buzz of having the privilege.

I hope this keenness is felt by the devs too
Quite so. With the addition of the new programmer (We loves you Aftershock <3) things are really picking up. I love hearing "good work/good job" from Defrag or Aftershock. It makes my pants wet (in a good way, but also a bad way. A bad, bad way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminous
i thought EMPs were meant to go through walls as its a magnetic field, which would actually go through a wall (within reason..)

have fun without us us non-beta-testing-forum-regulars Ihmhi
I have not tested it out but seeing as this is an existing feature I will grab one of the other testers and try this out for you, since you asked nicely luminous. If the devs clear whether I can say yes or no on this, then I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofo
Stupid question-
I have personally not see it, so while I think the devs would code it in (as it IS in the spirit of TFC), they have not done it yet in the beta tester's version. Remember, beta testers are not running the dev version of FF. Devs actually check stuff out first before updating the beta server.

Also note that they are coding stuff that is considered "frills" (like birthday mode) last, if they code it at all. Right now they want to focus on bugs that affect gameplay or does thing that crashes the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Congrats IHMHI, on getting into the Beta team. I've done some Beta(Alpha, actually) testing on Dodgeball:Source....it was a lot of fun, and that game was pretty damned playable even in the Alpha stage.

I do have a question for ya(and the dev team): Are you strictly playing on Dev made maps, or are you giving the community maps some time?

I need to get back on that server, and see if any progress has been made on Badlands....but the partially done map I saw looked awesome!

Avanti, however, is the shit! That map is incredibly well done!
Thanks Iggy, you know you my homie. ^.^

We are pretty much playing on dev made maps only. For the most part, dev made maps are going to be the release maps, like dustbowl, palermo, etc.; the stuff you see on the media pages.

Do keep in mind we have two of the best mappers on the forums... nay, the Internets on the beta team: Nezumi and Imbrifer. These guys are like King Fucking Midas with whatever maps they touch, except they do not turn it into gold, they turn it into awesome. Some of us have been pushin' the devs to allow them to test maps on the beta server so we would have more maps for instant release. But you know what, if we do not, no biggie. Imbrifer and Nez could probably get their maps out for FF within a week or so, maybe less since they are beta testers and would probably get priority help from the devs or something Iunno.

Circ, GambiT, etc.; thanks for picking up the slack in my thread while I was out. I think I just got a new and awesome job today (!), so I was gone longer than expected. I think I got all of the questions you guys missed but I am tired and I have been up for 24 hours. If I somehow overlooked you, I am sorry; post again to remind me. I will check the forums once more after eating dinner and then I will go to sleep and catch up on these in the morning.

Thanks to all of you for giving this thread a wonderful start. ^.^

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #28
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

You were a mistake.

Trepid, what?

Old 04-11-2007, 03:00 AM   #29
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
You know what's really messed up......I had an idea for a TFC map a few years ago, but I never had the time/talent to do anything but draw the layout on paper.

If anyone is interested in picking up on this, I'll drop you the rough designs and let you have some fun.

Edit: I'm getting a bit too old to be learning a new computer language every few years. I gave up when Pascal dried up.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:54 AM   #30
Agret

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Agret Send a message via AIM to Agret Send a message via MSN to Agret Send a message via Yahoo to Agret Send a message via Skype™ to Agret
Just chuck the designs on imageshack and make a new thread in mapping, if someone likes it they might make it for you.

Mapping has nothing to do with languages...

Closed Thread