Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #24
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzui
I feel the HW is pretty dam close to being just right...
He's a LOT less effective now than TFC and early FF, and offense has only gotten better. I guess you're a fan of weak defense.

Quote:
The NG needs the same amount of health and armor as other classes such as the spy. As far as the SG its all about placement and you have to have a little help, maybe just a small increment of push and damage but not much I dont feel.
Considering how it's a unit that can't move and can't protect the engineer from splash damage, why should it be as weak as mobile classes? Also why should it take multiple team members to keep one unit alive? In TFC it took either clever tactics or overwhelming force to take out an sg with just the engineer repairing it. In a 1v1 fight of a class v. a maintained sg, the attacker would usually lose. In FF, almost all the classes can take out a maintained sg in a 1v1 fight. Sure, you can argue this encourages more of a team effort now, but that simply doesn't happen in pub play and it's weakened defense as a whole.

Quote:
Also what do peeps think about an SG that performs 4% to 6% better if the NG is within 20 feet of it and keeps it at full health and ammo? I think that would be a good incentive for the offy Ng to stay at home...just an idea
Not a bad idea in itself, except the sg has been gimped hard as it is. It needs multiple boosts to achieve balance outside of pickups, this is only an icing on the cake thing.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote