Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #21
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
China is seeking to spend 80 billion on "defense" this year or next. Including their own stealth fighter and advanced naval capabilities. At least they are honest, they intend to protect natural resources away from their native lands in the future and protect what they believe are their birth right territories.

As for donating to wiki.... lol. They gets a shit load o money yo. Selling that stuff to select media partners before they release it to the general public.

Donate to another wiki like I do. WikiPedia
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 01-13-2011 at 04:16 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
If anyone on here(besides me) follows Wikileaks on Twitter, beware that the US Federal government is trying to get information on you.

I only follow them on Twitter because I don't see much of what goes on in regards to them on the news anymore. The only time they are mentioned, is in regard to Assange's extradition.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Hopefully you didn't donate to them, either.

http://dailybail.com/home/tiny-tim-i...t-illegal.html

Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post

The dark shadow of regulation strengthened in the US Patriot act. Not a single, SINGLE transaction goes by in the USA without the SDN list or OFAC list being checked. A very expensive endeavor among a long line of shit dangling from the ass of congress. You wipe (pun intended) your card at Starbucks or a fried chicken joint in nawlins' you get checked. In fact don't be surprised if Michelle Obama has a list of how many triple stacks you been sneaking at Wendy's.

On one hand I think that move would be an severe ABUSE of the SDN list at present. You can't argue against the damage to the USA Assange has done however. Perhaps he's the first enemy in a new cyber information warfare age. You can become a "terrorist" by exploiting information weaknesses of world governments and exposing their inner workings. Plus we all know he has some very secret defense shit he's keeping. Lets watch and see if congress changes how the SDN list is structured.

One thing I do not like about Geithner is he seems very influenced by the administration and not very independent minded when he is supposed to be. In fact I give out a full on "FUCK YOU" to Gitner. Dude is smart as hell in finance but a pushover to political pressure.

PS - while I agree with the big brother concept, whoever wrote that article is a failure to journalism.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 01-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #25
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post

The only cause I donate to, is the destruction of my liver.

Seriously, the only cause I really support is for Breast Cancer research, in memory of my late wife. I generally don't support any political cause, because I know that politicians will lie straight to your face. I tend to stay out of all that nonsense. Truth be told, the reason I follow Wikileaks(or anyone else on Twitter) is to see what material I can find for joke writing. I follow a couple of news sites for the same reason.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #26
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
My sole contribution on this angle is to point out that this topic has been debated over and over. It always ends up polarized with no middle ground and with simply insults being traded.

I would point out that simply telling you that I disagree with you does not mean that I think it's fine to kill civilians. Feel free to conflate from there.

you do relize that none of this has to do with wiki leaks anymore also wiki leaks is a wistle blower ive read some of it my dad others have read all of it and from what i can tell nothing in wiki leaks should be a secret the guy who started it is telling us stuff we should already know nothing in there should stay sercret there are no names no anything that will put anyone in danger except maybe by the person who is trying to keep this stuff a secret. a few good things have happened for the states because of wiki leaks. china is debating dropping north korea. there are laws in the constitution that protect wistle blowers. however in this case no one cares becasue of well placed propaganda saying this is dangerous when its not. sercrets should be there, but not this stuff because this stuff really isn't a secret the goverment just wants secrecy so they have more power. so does everyone else. but our fore fathers didn't intend for the goverment to be secretive i guarantee that.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #27
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi View Post
you do relize that none of this has to do with wiki leaks anymore also wiki leaks is a wistle blower ive read some of it my dad others have read all of it and from what i can tell nothing in wiki leaks should be a secret the guy who started it is telling us stuff we should already know nothing in there should stay sercret there are no names no anything that will put anyone in danger except maybe by the person who is trying to keep this stuff a secret. a few good things have happened for the states because of wiki leaks. china is debating dropping north korea. there are laws in the constitution that protect wistle blowers. however in this case no one cares becasue of well placed propaganda saying this is dangerous when its not. sercrets should be there, but not this stuff because this stuff really isn't a secret the goverment just wants secrecy so they have more power. so does everyone else. but our fore fathers didn't intend for the goverment to be secretive i guarantee that.
I have a hard time understanding what the fuck you're trying to say, but I caught a few parts. Yes, you're completely right that most of the information that WikiLeaks leaked was basically nothing more than diplomatic gossip. All of it is also unverifiable. Just because there's a cable of a diplomat *saying* something, doesn't mean it's true. For anyone closely following the WikiLeaks situation, there have been a couple leaks that have come out that are questionable, and have been directly contradicted by facts. People fail to realize that because it says 'Secret' or 'Top Secret' doesn't mean shit, that's like bottom of the barrel State Secrets that a PFC in the military can dig up. It's not like Manning had to hack into a Pentagon database to get the information, he was basically the lowest rank in the military, and had access to this info.

When you realize these facts, it makes it hard to take anti-WikiLeaks people seriously. The only thing these leaks will do, is make it harder for our Government to establish political cartels with brutal dictators that we support for various geopolitical reasons.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #28
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi View Post
From what I can tell you don't appear to understand who or what I was responding to. Correspondingly, your post doesn't appear to have been placed in response to me. Did you grab a post to reply to at random?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote