Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

View Poll Results: What do you think about my map?
good and is worth playing 15 23.44%
bad and should be remade 10 15.63%
just be deleted 39 60.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 04:55 PM   #81
o_shadow34721

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
my life is over!
im gonna go in a cornor and cry and cut myself and be emo.

because i care what you think bokko.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #82
o_bokko

Yeah, you care enough to reply.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #83
o_darkness24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
Yeah, you care enough to reply.
hahaha you suck at life hahaha

Old 11-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #84
o_player

Some people are really sad.

The map as a whole, looks rubbish. End of story. But if you split it up into sections there could be a few good things about it.

The layout, from what i have seen looks interesting, but how you have gone about making the layout look intersting hasn't really worked. There is no definite theme to your map because of all the different typs of textures used. You have pipe textures on the floor, roof textures on the floor, you have roof textures on the walls and so on and so forth. Yes, in some cases, certain roof textures look good used as a floor or wall texture but the ones you have used don't look good. Some of the textures look really bad because of being increased in size.

If you went about your map and made it look more professional and clean, I am sure people would say it looks good. But as it is now, it looks like a bunch of brushes, textures, models and entities slapped into a big cube just because you wanted to.

I think it is a joke anyway, I don't think this was meant to be serious. Also, by the looks of it, ramzet, darkness and shadow all know eachother and probably planned this.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #85
o_ambex

Have you ever thinked about why some textures are named

wall_
building
floor

wall is for walls

Old 11-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #86
o_ohcanep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
Also, by the looks of it, ramzet, darkness and shadow all know eachother and probably planned this.
If that is the case, they should have planned something else.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #87
o_sh4x

Like working on something constructive?

Old 11-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #88
o_darkness24713

Quote:

The map as a whole, looks rubbish. End of story. But if you split it up into sections there could be a few good things about it.

The layout, from what i have seen looks interesting, but how you have gone about making the layout look intersting hasn't really worked. There is no definite theme to your map because of all the different typs of textures used. You have pipe textures on the floor, roof textures on the floor, you have roof textures on the walls and so on and so forth. Yes, in some cases, certain roof textures look good used as a floor or wall texture but the ones you have used don't look good. Some of the textures look really bad because of being increased in size.

If you went about your map and made it look more professional and clean, I am sure people would say it looks good. But as it is now, it looks like a bunch of brushes, textures, models and entities slapped into a big cube just because you wanted to.

I think it is a joke anyway, I don't think this was meant to be serious. Also, by the looks of it, ramzet, darkness and shadow all know eachother and probably planned this.
excuse me for not texturing right im not use to the the program this is my first map that i ever did on any hl2 games. Now you can either put me down about it or tell him how to fix it. and so far all i have gotton was SHIT back from everyone exect a few. you guys arnt helping me at all by telling me it looks like shit why dont you tell me whats rong with it. and then i would fix it but so far i have gotten this

Quote:
ramzet, I know you're probably trying to wind people up with the grade school insults.. Just a piece of advise, control your teen angst or an admin is likely to ban you.

This map is really awful BTW, almost as crap as that congestus remake.
is this the congestus map thread NO so dont be talking about it in here.

Quote:
There's funnier/easier ways to insult the (bad) mappers who don't understand tfc gameplay.
and so on. NOW if you guys want to be asshole and insult each other and me Fine start a new thread about it but not in this one all i wanted was some feed back and most of them are YOUR MAP IS BAD BLA BLA BLA.... HOW THE HELL IS THAT GOIN TO HELP?. i need help on it not just telling me its bad. Now am serious about this and no one can see that. If you dont want to help fine but i would really like you guys to help me

Old 11-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #89
o_shadow34721

why would i waste my time planning soemthing like this?
i have my own work to do and my own maps to be concerned with.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #90
o_ambex

Feel my Pain NOE!

Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #91
o_darknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness24713
excuse me for not texturing right im not use to the the program this is my first map that i ever did on any hl2 games. Now you can either put me down about it or tell him how to fix it. and so far all i have gotton was SHIT back from everyone exect a few. you guys arnt helping me at all by telling me it looks like shit why dont you tell me whats rong with it. and then i would fix it but so far i have gotten this
That is now excuse and I could dig up my old map that i was working on for FF as an example of my first ever source map. I'd only mapped for about a month before that previously too. Anyway, if you can seriously look at your map and not figure what's wrong with it then you have either: A problem, or nice joke-thread - you had few of us going.

And actually, player did tell you what was wrong with it.

This joke is now boring me.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #92
o_dr zauis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambex

Feel my Pain NOE!
owned

Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #93
o_puppychow

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
ramzet, I know you're probably trying to wind people up with the grade school insults.. Just a piece of advise, control your teen angst or an admin is likely to ban you.

This map is really awful BTW, almost as crap as that congestus remake.
is this the congestus map thread NO so dont be talking about it in here.

Quote:
There's funnier/easier ways to insult the (bad) mappers who don't understand tfc gameplay.
and so on. NOW if you guys want to be asshole and insult each other and me Fine start a new thread about it but not in this one all i wanted was some feed back and most of them are YOUR MAP IS BAD BLA BLA BLA.... HOW THE HELL IS THAT GOIN TO HELP?. i need help on it not just telling me its bad. Now am serious about this and no one can see that. If you dont want to help fine but i would really like you guys to help me

i just dont think people can take you or your map seriously when with your first post you pumped it up so much...i.e. omg this lighting is perfect...and im a vet mapper, and look at these lasers, they are the best.

have some humility when you post and constructive feedback will follow. and please, you say spelling and correct grammar is not important...it is man, otherwise people wont take you seriously.

be clear, be concise, and try not to speak like an eight year old and then maybe people won't flame.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #94
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Re: emulation_r2 A new map.

Quote:
Hello everyone i am a vet mapper
i got that far before thinking "what the fuck..."

Old 11-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #95
o_darkness24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow

i just dont think people can take you or your map seriously when with your first post you pumped it up so much...i.e. omg this lighting is perfect...and im a vet mapper, and look at these lasers, they are the best.

have some humility when you post and constructive feedback will follow. and please, you say spelling and correct grammar is not important...it is man, otherwise people wont take you seriously.

be clear, be concise, and try not to speak like an eight year old and then maybe people won't flame.
Well i would like some ideals like i asked. i Thought all that stuff i was saying was good but its not THATS why i need you guys to help when still i get no help yet. NOW lets forget about ALL THAT OTHER SHIT AND START TELLING ME WHATS WRONG what needs to be imporved WRIGHT a list of things PLZ and if you want i can send you the file and you can take a look at it and post pictures of what needs to be fixed

Old 11-06-2005, 01:05 AM   #96
o_donny

I tried to help you out and give you a cracker but I was called dick when I did so, Im too afraid to do it again.

*snif*

Old 11-06-2005, 01:57 AM   #97
o_darknight

Can we lock this thread, already?

Old 11-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #98
o_darkness24713

NO!!!! i want some suggestions and thats all now donny sry for getting pissed at you but you was coming off as a real jerk now if you could give me some tips now. NOT THAT MY MAP SUCKS!!!
tips like how to make it better.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #99
o_darkness24713

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

ok i was messing around with hammer today i figured out how to make 3dskyboxs so its not perfect but i like what i have done so far it gives you that warm feeling after you do something great anyway enought about me here are the UPDATES

Well what do you thinK?

I think i looks bad ass.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:33 AM   #100
o_sh4x

I think it looks bad OR ass... but not bad ass.

Closed Thread