vatterin
David-

Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
people dont change oats, habits do.

i used to smoke cigarettes - i haven't smoked in 6 years
i used to play pc games more than i worked - i now barely touch video games
i used to have a girlfriend that i settled on - i'm now with the woman of my dreams
i used to have a $12/hr job - i now make more than double that, work with top aerospace, medical and research companies throughout the world and am getting a free education to become a design engineer
i used to be 120lbs - i'm now 160lbs and shredded
i used to be a loner - i now have a social life i'm pleased with
i used to not give a fuck - i still don't and i still i love my haters

maybe you'll learn one day, but i doubt it
Actually that's quite wrong. Studies have shown that people change their personality at least once every decade. But that becomes less as they get into their twilight years. Also, habits are based upon someones personality. When that changes so does their habits.

I'll use you as an example. If you do a simple search on your posts. You can see how helpful, cordial, and nice you were when you first joined the forums. As you go through the years of posts you gradually turn into this immature asshole. Whether that's who you were all along or not doesn't matter. You changed. From that you've (on paper) grown up but you're still quite passive aggressive. You still typed out all of your "achievements" for what? Your own personal merit? You're no better than oats was then and is now. Also, I'm going to guess you're not being entirely truthful about this free education for a design engineering degree. You said you cooked for five years? There are only 10 colleges in the United States that offer any sort of "design" engineering courses. Which might I add are branched off into several categories. You can't just take a course that's "design engineer".

All in all chef, you're an asshole. You're not just a regular asshole, you're a lying asshole who hasn't changed one bit. So maybe you're right. People don't change.
vatterin is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:00 AM   #23
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
pls add
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #24
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
!notice

Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 AM   #25
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatterin View Post
Actually that's quite wrong. Studies have shown that people change their personality at least once every decade. But that becomes less as they get into their twilight years. Also, habits are based upon someones personality. When that changes so does their habits.

I'll use you as an example. If you do a simple search on your posts. You can see how helpful, cordial, and nice you were when you first joined the forums. As you go through the years of posts you gradually turn into this immature asshole. Whether that's who you were all along or not doesn't matter. You changed. From that you've (on paper) grown up but you're still quite passive aggressive. You still typed out all of your "achievements" for what? Your own personal merit? You're no better than oats was then and is now. Also, I'm going to guess you're not being entirely truthful about this free education for a design engineering degree. You said you cooked for five years? There are only 10 colleges in the United States that offer any sort of "design" engineering courses. Which might I add are branched off into several categories. You can't just take a course that's "design engineer".

All in all chef, you're an asshole. You're not just a regular asshole, you're a lying asshole who hasn't changed one bit. So maybe you're right. People don't change.
bad, mad, n sad. thats all i think of when i think back on the FF days with David-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_engineer
A design engineer is a person who may be involved in any of various engineering disciplines including civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, textiles, aerospace, nuclear, manufacturing, systems, and structural /building/architectural

so basically what you're saying is that there are only 10 colleges in the country that offer design engineering degrees for allllll those disciplines? hmmm.

not everyone here has a career path ceiling of a tier 1 tech support rep. perhaps you should consider changing yours to that of a psychiatrist. or maybe just go see one.

and yes those are all of my life's achievements, all perfectly described in a short list here on these tried and true forum boards where they will be forever etched in time. im a lying asshole fraud - you've got me. i suppose if i were to have added some world of warcraft achievements in there, it would've appeared more credible in your eyes.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #26
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
tldr

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:44 AM   #27
FooLio

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I used to think jellyfish lived forever.
Now I know they don't.
I used to have a hampster named sharline
Now I have a dog named goose
I used to play fortress forever
Now I read arguments on the fortress forever forums
FooLio is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:53 AM   #28
vatterin
David-

Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
bad, mad, n sad. thats all i think of when i think back on the FF days with David-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_engineer
A design engineer is a person who may be involved in any of various engineering disciplines including civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, textiles, aerospace, nuclear, manufacturing, systems, and structural /building/architectural

so basically what you're saying is that there are only 10 colleges in the country that offer design engineering degrees for allllll those disciplines? hmmm.

not everyone here has a career path ceiling of a tier 1 tech support rep. perhaps you should consider changing yours to that of a psychiatrist. or maybe just go see one.

and yes those are all of my life's achievements, all perfectly described in a short list here on these tried and true forum boards where they will be forever etched in time. im a lying asshole fraud - you've got me. i suppose if i were to have added some world of warcraft achievements in there, it would've appeared more credible in your eyes.

nar·cis·sis·tic
ˌnärsəˈsistik/Submit
adjective
having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
"a narcissistic actress"
synonyms: vain, self-loving, self-admiring, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, conceited, self-centered, self-regarding, egotistic, egotistical, egoistic; informalfull of oneself
"she was never happy in the narcissistic life that her press agent and manager had crafted for her"
relating to narcissism.
"narcissistic personality disorder"

Sorry I forgot to list the thousands of online college mills that offer "engineering" degrees.

val·i·da·tion
ˌvaləˈdāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the action of checking or proving the validity or accuracy of something.
"the technique requires validation in controlled trials"
the action of making or declaring something legally or officially acceptable.
"new courses, subject to validation, include an MSc in Urban Forestry"
recognition or affirmation that a person or their feelings or opinions are valid or worthwhile.
"they have exaggerated needs for acceptance and validation"

Yet you say I'm the one who needs to seek professional help.
vatterin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 05:08 AM   #29
FooLio

I never knew engineering paid so poorly. I made more than twice that as a tree climber and almost 4 times that as a carpenter. Weird

Old 08-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #30
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
i tried to play again and the only person i recognized was fruitcake, good ol fruitcake, what a trooper
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #31
fluffyhamster

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
We all try from time to time to play.
fluffyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2017, 04:35 AM   #32
FooLio

Can't find any time for pickups nowadays but I'm hoping that will change soon I miss it dearly.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #33
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
lolol u really dont

David-VD

Old 09-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #34
FooLio