Originally Posted by Etzell View Post
OR use your new reputation to get tang.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #42
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
More like be carefull who you trust and hang out with.
Ya no kidding, if the cops showed up to this party, that alone should make you re-think about going to this group of people's parties again. Or atleast drinking at that group's party again, if you're sober nobody can touch you.

You're just the unlucky one who got picked out by the cops. If you weren't there the cops woulda just singled someone else out.

There's always opportunities to go to parties and get drunk underage. Just have to know which parties to do it at, like the low-profile ones, with your closer group of friends and shit. My friends got drunk all the time, but they mainly did it together without the large parties.

It's the large uncontrolled ones that always get people in trouble.

There was one party where the majority of our highschool hockey team went to after a game, and well something happened, and some dude got the shit kicked out of him (by non hockey players). But since a large group of our hockey players were there when the school found out about it the next day, they attempted to ban our hockey players from going to any parties.

That's how much the school thinks they can own and control our personal lives. Something happens at a non school event, and all of a sudden the school thinks they can ban students from going to any other non school event.

rofl, I just gotta laugh at the absurditity of that one, like that ever fucking stopped the players from going to parties, schools are on such power trips.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #43
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
It's not just schools with the power trips either. Cops aren't as nice as they are in Superbad ya know. Cops are generally assholes, and so are a lot of authoritative figures. People in power will always try to control those without it. The best way(IMHO) to deal with those assholes is to give em the middle finger and yell out a big resounding FUCK YOU to whomever is trying to control you.

Note: Doing this to a cop will probably get you arrested and/or beaten so watch out.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #44
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Note: Doing this to a cop will probably get you arrested and/or beaten so watch out.
Just make sure someone has a video camera when they do it so you can make fat bank off the poh-leece. I know for a fact the cops around here don't have cameras in their cruisers, so they don't have to show they fucked up.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #45
Hammock
D&A Member

I can't really speak out about the cops, the very few times I've encountered them, it's gone ok.

One let me off from a ticket, another one let me off with only 2 tickets totalling $450 instead of impounding my car and giving me a $3K fine like he could have.

Even drunk at a party they just ignored my antics, and left me alone.

So for me, I've had it pretty easy for cops.

But maybe that's cause they were all Canadian RCMP? American cops are different possibley, I'm sure we have our bad eggs up here too, but thank god I haven't run into any assholes.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #46
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
With police officers it really depends on the are you're in. Not every area has corrupt police. Even areas were every person I've met swears up and down that the police are corrupt I've found that as long as you're respectful they're fair.

The best example of this is comparing stories a guy I worked with told me about his encounters with crazy, corrupt police officers, and then being directly involved in a situation with him and another guy. Myself and the other involved were calm, honest and respectful. The 3 of us were trespassing and got stopped. While we told the police officer everything about what was going on, gave him our info and the like, this guy with the problems just went on and on about how the three of us could take the cops easily if we tried. Said all we needed to do was attack at the right time and so on and so forth. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for us telling him to shut the hell up he would have gotten cuffed.

And extreme example, but ultimately, that guy brings down the rough reaction of officers on himself. Since every neighborhood I've been pulled over in I have to acknowledge that I was pulled over for a reason I can't say any police officer was corrupt. If you break the law, you pay the price, bottom line, and that doesn't make the officer a dirt bag.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #47
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
And extreme example, but ultimately, that guy brings down the rough reaction of officers on himself. Since every neighborhood I've been pulled over in I have to acknowledge that I was pulled over for a reason I can't say any police officer was corrupt. If you break the law, you pay the price, bottom line, and that doesn't make the officer a dirt bag.
My thoughts exactly, everytime I've been involved with the police, I was truly in the wrong. Some people will go to court over every ticket no matter what, but if I know i'm in the wrong I'm not going to argue it.

I have a lot of cops as friends too, which is another reason I show cops the utmost respect when I run into them.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #48
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
i apologized to the cops afterwords if i was being disrespectful. they said they appriciated it and they seemed pretty alright, they uncuffed me and let me go. but the school found out, somehow. im off the team, offially. i dont know what to do now. my mind is going so fast. they emailed the school saying i was very belligerant, the only thing i did that was that was i apprently screamed get your fuckin hands off of me, but i dont remember saying that at all. i would never say that to a cop.
other people who were there said i did though, so i mustve been pretty drunk

the coach said she almost cried when she found out what happened. since i left out a very big part of the story she said it got worse.

im so fucked. im done with everything
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #49
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
i apologized to the cops afterwords if i was being disrespectful. they said they appriciated it and they seemed pretty alright, they uncuffed me and let me go. but the school found out, somehow. im off the team, offially. i dont know what to do now. my mind is going so fast. they emailed the school saying i was very belligerant, the only thing i did that was that was i apprently screamed get your fuckin hands off of me, but i dont remember saying that at all. i would never say that to a cop.
other people who were there said i did though, so i mustve been pretty drunk

the coach said she almost cried when she found out what happened. since i left out a very big part of the story she said it got worse.

im so fucked. im done with everything
Well, sadly one of the larger effects of mass alcohol intake is memory loss. Couple that with a strong lack of inhibition and you do find yourself being told you did things you don't remember and would never do.

The only advice I could give you at this point is to maintain apologetic ideals. All of the consequences having already fallen and all of the news being distributed there is no motivation behind telling your coach and anyone negatively effected by it that you're sorry. Essentially, right now they know you mean it. While it may not get you back on the team it shows them you're honorable. Most high school students are not honorable, so it distinguishes yourself. Good luck
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
Hammock
D&A Member

I'd say fuck it anyways, it's not the school's, nor the coach's responsibility to police you.

Unless it was a school event it's your parent's job to do that shit. You know like...

"You got drunk and yelled at a cop?!! You're off the cross country team, and grounded for a year".

I'd asked your coach what she was doing creeping on a bunch of under aged kids pictures on facebook anyways, that'd be a more interesting story.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #51
greenday5494
D&A Member

what i want to know is how the school found out.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #52
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Doesn't really matter at this point. What're you going to do about it? Nothing.

What you need to do is see if there's a way you can work it out with the school, not play the blame game. Regardless of how they found out, you still did it.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #53
greenday5494
D&A Member

how am i going to work it out with the school?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #54
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Like I told you to do with the coach, but with the principal. There are so many things in this thread that I want to comment on, but frankly, don't have the time to do.

Let me sum it up this way:

Cops are NOT to be trusted, BUT, if you try to play it cool and cooperate, chances are you will be treated fairly(unless you run into a real prick of a cop, which case you're fucked anyhow). Yelling "fuck you!" to a cop is not going to help your cause any. No matter how much in the right you may be. That badge gives them power. Much like you don't want to stand in front of a judge with "fuck you" tattood on your face.

You got caught in a situation where(involved directly or not) something illegal was going on. In the eyes of the law, if you drove a car to a bank robbery, even if you weren't aware of what was happening, you are guilty of accessory(either during or after the fact) to the crime committed. You did nothing to prevent the crime, nor did you distance yourself from the crime. Therefor you are guilty of committing the crime.

While I may disagree with that, that's how it is.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #55
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Looks like you're going to have to move and change your name, greenday.

That, or take your lumps, run by yourself for a while, and don't make the same mistakes.

And get off facebook. Don't go to parties with Facebook whores.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2010, 01:14 AM   #56
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
suddenly my suggestions arent looking so bad
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #57
greenday5494
D&A Member

well i guess
anymore

Last edited by greenday5494; 10-21-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #58
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
i didnt smoke pot. haha. Not only that, smoking pot "ruining your life" is a little extreme isnt it?
No, it's not extreme. If you get a drug charge, or are a regular pot smoker, you'll basically be stuck at bottom-of-the-barrel jobs your entire life. I should have been more specific, but if you have any criminal charges, your life is made drastically harder.

Just don't do dumb shit, and focus on yourself. You're still a bit young and have a few years to have fun, but do whatever you can to stay out of trouble.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #59
greenday5494
D&A Member

question, do the police need a search warrent to search your pockets?

Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 AM   #60
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Depends on the situation. If you are in an area where complaints have been filed, then no.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote