Gr3mLin

Class/Position: Soldier/Demo/Medic
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadez View Post
I thought this was a flame free forum.

wierd because i dont know how this contributes what so ever to the conversation other than a flame. Wierd that your team asks me to play for them all the time too....mega wierd.

Teamfail has never asked you to play for us, nor would we ever.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #122
WarPig
ThE O h G r

Class/Position: Engi/HW/Pyro - Defender
Affiliations: Pigs of War/ [AE]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
rutabeggar , I don't think you will get flamed for your opinion and really does it matter at this point? I Know what you mean and im gonna even go on to more stuff for everyone to read....

WHO GIVES A SHIT ATM WHO SENT WHO FUCKING BANANAS!
Seriously thats about how stupid this whole thread has been.

Anyone here who instead of personal EGO or how fucking leet they are, gave a shit or even 2 shits would realize the pickup channel is NOT FF, it is NOT the only fanbase , and for the future it WILL NOT be the end all be all FF community.

I have more faith in the people as a whole that the game will move on and grow. I do think it is going to take more time etc.. but lots of people cry " it's dead" I'm sorry but no. This game Didn't die , it didn't end , infact it never even took off. In the long run I see that this game still has a chance to shine and if people would quit fighting over something that has no real substance to even argue over (giving hacks out) when well lets face it WHAT LEAGUE IS ROCKIN FF HARDCORE ?

SO TRY THIS:
GO TO LOCAL HIGH SCHOOLS GET MORE KIDS INVOLVED!!!
HELP TEACH NEW PLAYERS THE TRICKS AND SHOW THEM WHAT A TF COMMUNITY IS ABOUT.

When I first got into TF many many years ago , NO ONE with exception of a few Ever acted as immature as some of those of pickup channel. Whats even more sad by that is your all older than most of us where back then....

You all wanna relive some glory of Competition and league play, quit the fucking hacking, stop acting like elitist assholes and try some things like I said to bring in more and show some respect to fellow gamers. Everyone has the ability to make or break this game, the choice is all yours.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #123
killu

Class/Position: Medic
Affiliations: Goodfellas
"Anyone here who instead of personal EGO or how fucking leet they are, gave a shit or even 2 shits would realize the pickup channel is NOT FF, it is NOT the only fanbase , and for the future it WILL NOT be the end all be all FF community."

Wrong
Pubbing sucks
Nobody is hacking
The only elitist is Gator and he's only half kidding around

Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #124
WarPig
ThE O h G r

Class/Position: Engi/HW/Pyro - Defender
Affiliations: Pigs of War/ [AE]
Sorry killu but I know way too many of you in there , there is ego's and attitude problems. Nerd rage quits etc.. I've seen it happen and I've only been hanging in there for 3 weeks at best?

"nobody is hacking" you sure?

"pubbing sucks" -
I don't think you understood my point there. I never said pubbing is awesome, Fact remains small community and Pickups are only helping so much they WILL NOT help the overall outlook on this game. Sometimes it takes a better player to suck it up and do whats needed if they wish to see it succeed but maybe you or others are above that? Pub play can improve and im always willing to moniter and run a server more league play or with set rules to enforce and help people play more organized rather than 4 snipers and spy Defenders. I know where your coming from in the "it sucks" but do we wanna get more players or argue who the fuck is giving hacks out.
Bottom line that is the point what do you want? sit in pickup and thats it, and never see this game get its chance to shine or put your talent to work maybe get with me on what would maybe make a pub more ideal for the guys who want it organized but can't play on Old timers.

and last - It's gator.. lol c'mon really anyone take him sersiously?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #125
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post
and last - It's gator.. lol c'mon really anyone take him sersiously?
Apparently illo does

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:

Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #126
ryu^
Fortress Forever Staff

lol gremlin, so whats actually weird? or should i say mega weird? (there was me thinking somebody had asked him to play while i havent been playing).

honestly what kind of mindset does something like this and says malicious things like "i want to try and destroy the small community", but a simple sorry is acceptable, if he's that dellusional in the first place, what else is he capable of. and all this over something as minor as a pickup, hence why i said next time go punch a wall (if you cant control your anger)

i just can't fathom some peoples intelligence, thats why i felt the need to flame.

and personally i think distributing a hack is more detrimental than a single person using one.

you dont see a judge going easy on a drug dealer, coz his defence is "hey man i only sell the stuff i dont make it or use it"

anyway my flame wasn't a personal vendetta it was just questioning his intelligence which was still left unanswered.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 AM   #127
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

what a moron.

it's a shame the community's so small people actually consider giving assholes like this a second chance.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #128
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
This thread is full of lol.

and yea, pubbing sucks. #ff.pickup 4 life yo <3

Old 07-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #129
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator- View Post
and yea, pubbing sucks.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it once in a while to help the community grow.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #130
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
I disagree with you WarPig on the whole everyone should suck it up and pub. The whole reason things like #ff.pickup are created is that the elitists want to play and be elitists in a safe environment instead of pubbing it up and being assholes. And that's their prerogative. IF things were like the old days and I could, I would idle in there 24/7 and just play pickups, but I can't b/c there aren't enough anymore. So I pub once in a while, but generally I do anything I can to stay away from pubs (including skillz on a listen server), just b/c generally I get fed up and leave to easily.

I do agree that people should bitch less and do more, but this is a forum and that's pretty much what it's for...
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 AM   #131
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
I disagree with you WarPig on the whole everyone should suck it up and pub.
I disagree with you disagreeing! I would rather there be a lot of assholes than hardly anyone.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #132
Sabbath

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu^ View Post
i just can't fathom some peoples intelligence, thats why i felt the need to flame
his text made u mad enough to try and flame. next time go punch a wall or something.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #133
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
i think there are people using the cheats that hadez linked everyone to, however i dont think anyone whose worth a shit uses them.. so its sort of levels the playing field out in a way.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #134
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
yeah grem, i wasn't aware of any such situation either. i suppose euro clans do like to spread the love around and play lots of merc matches with random ppl who i have no idea who they are half the time so i guess it might be possible but still completely irrelevant.

btw grem, i should be around a fair bit the next few weeks so let's play some more matches!

so is all this hacking and hacking accusation crap limited to the usa? - cos i dno who most these ppl are. mb we should start some euro hacking drama accusations asap before ppl think we don't also have cheating and elitist retarded idiots dragging FF into the ground while claiming to be its pillars rofl. i mean seriously, that spaceleper guy, nobody can be THAT good without breast implants.

you know what to do, bokko221 *opens da oven door*

Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #135
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
its funny how nice the EU community is in comparison.. US always making the 'world's' drama eh?

I know many EU play pub too. Even I do when I have spare time!!
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #136
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium View Post
yeah grem, i wasn't aware of any such situation either. i suppose euro clans do like to spread the love around and play lots of merc matches with random ppl who i have no idea who they are half the time so i guess it might be possible but still completely irrelevant.

btw grem, i should be around a fair bit the next few weeks so let's play some more matches!

so is all this hacking and hacking accusation crap limited to the usa? - cos i dno who most these ppl are. mb we should start some euro hacking drama accusations asap before ppl think we don't also have cheating and elitist retarded idiots dragging FF into the ground while claiming to be its pillars rofl. i mean seriously, that spaceleper guy, nobody can be THAT good without breast implants.

you know what to do, bokko221 *opens da oven door*

Hey hey, theres a jew here, KEEP THAT OVEN OFF AND CLOSED!
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #137
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
what do you mean? we were just going to bake a tasty cake. weren't we, bokko.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #138
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
The whole reason things like #ff.pickup are created is that the elitists want to play and be elitists in a safe environment instead of pubbing it up and being assholes.
I disagree.

I have fun in all games, regardless of genre or type, when the objectives are being followed through. It's got little to do with winning, or caring about the win. I just like follow the rules. If I lose, that's alright, as long as I had fun doing so. TF2 and L4D are examples of this. I can pub in both (L4D to a lesser extent due to people rage quitting) and have an enjoyable time.

In FF I only really enjoyed two types of games: CTF and Avanti. There was another push map I liked but I can't remember the name, it was fun too.

One of those game types is generally really bad in pub play, primarily because the maps that get played on them aren't conducive to following the objectives and also because the gameplay just isn't good for pubbing (the problems persist in TF2 as well). Aardvark, for example, is a decent map when the objectives are being followed but it becomes fairly meh when everyone is sniping, or turtling, or doing things that don't really make for a riveting, or exciting gameplay experience.

If that makes me an elitist, then alright then sure. I'll be an elitist for getting more joy out of following the objectives rather than being a pyro and flame jumping up and down in the yard until I get sniped and then switch over to sniper.

I don't care about the classes you play, or how you play them (to a point) as long as you're actually attempting to follow the objectives and are getting fun out of it.

Really, it has nothing to do with being an elitist and more to do with how you get fun out of the game.

I don't get fun out of randomly doing random things in a random server. I could do that in any random game. It's the core gameplay and the competitive nature that makes or breaks a game for me, and the only places I was able to do that were in pickups or in leagues for FF.

To put it another way, FF pubbing is a lot like 'NO ATTACK FOR X MINUTES!' in RTS games.

Maybe that's changed since I've been gone, but I doubt it.

Edit: Also, way off topic too. Nice :P.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 07-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #139
ryu^
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath View Post
his text made u mad enough to try and flame. next time go punch a wall or something.
it didnt make me mad in the slightest, besides id never do anything so disrespectful to the mods and the community. like elmo said this bullsheet seems kinda limited to the US scene which i am no part of so it doesnt effect me in the slightest.

and yes gator i guess things do turn to lol after you support somebody and they turn out to be false.

Last edited by ryu^; 07-30-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #140
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
I disagree...
I actually agree with you. I don't dislike pubs if there aren't a million people doing stupid shit. But I think as a whole the people who idle #ff.pickup are gonna be elitists and aren't gonna get along well in a pub environment.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 07-30-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Closed Thread