Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #41
Rck

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I have to disagree with you Ian. I was sceptical of joining a pickup due to everyone saying people always complain. But it has been anything but. Everyone has been very patient with me, nobody has once complained even though I don't really have an impact on the game and feel like a running target!

I even had 2/3 people in spectator who must have been watching me and gave me advice and taught me things while the game was going on, like sharking last week
Rck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #42
WubbaDucky

Class/Position: Going for pr0 Engi
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rck View Post
I have to disagree with you Ian. I was sceptical of joining a pickup due to everyone saying people always complain. But it has been anything but. Everyone has been very patient with me, nobody has once complained even though I don't really have an impact on the game and feel like a running target!

I even had 2/3 people in spectator who must have been watching me and gave me advice and taught me things while the game was going on, like sharking last week
It rly depends on the players a bit, but in general. Its very OK. I play almost everyday in pickups, and there is no better feeling than actually people telling me i am improving bit by bit.
WubbaDucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #43
Features-
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier / Medic
Affiliations: has left the game
Posts Rated Helpful 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WubbaDucky View Post
It rly depends on the players a bit, but in general. Its very OK. I play almost everyday in pickups, and there is no better feeling than actually people telling me i am improving bit by bit.
Well it helps that you play one set class and most people expect that from you. You are getting better and Rck you are a great DMer and just learning the basics such as HH and bhop/air movement. You will be a good competitive player.
Just take what people say with a grain of salt really. If they have something nice to say acknowledge it. If not just let it be and then the troll will eventually STFU.
Features- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #44
SuperDude
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Send a message via AIM to SuperDude
NO S P Y G A S TO ESCAPE
SuperDude is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #45
rollo

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
i often join a server, pick a team and can't pick a class, everything is greyed out

nothing i type in console has an effect, ie kill ...

have to reconnect to the server
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #46
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
i often join a server, pick a team and can't pick a class, everything is greyed out

nothing i type in console has an effect, ie kill ...

have to reconnect to the server
Press the period or comma key. This happens to me sometimes. All I have to do is press one of those keys, rejoin my team and pick a class.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #47
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
My biggest fustration, or the thing that's been on my mind most, is why we don't get more developers. I mean with the few we have, even if FF was greenlit, we'd still not be able to put patches out quick enough for people to stay interested. I'm not saying that the guys we have aren't getting the job done -- they just need more help. I mean if we're getting this game rolling, if it's on greenlight, and if it's getting some publicity -- there's a chance that coders and the works will see it. With that said, I don't see why we can't have a hire comment in the greenlight page. Squeek's done so much for us. He deserves a big hand.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #48
Rck

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I have noticed a few new people joining the Talos and OldTimer servers. Generally I try to help but I have noticed a few people who would rather try and annoy them than help.

An incident last weekend was a new player had joined and picked up the flag. Instead of showing them where capture point was, someone decided to go other team and kill them and then keep grenading and piping the door so nobody could get out, annoying most of the rest of the server. Then the rest of the team joined in and got in on the act. I asked them to stop and in the end left, but what kind of welcome is this to newer people? Greenlight isn't much use if we push the players away at their first attempt at playing
Rck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #49
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I´ve been playing ocasionally ff at talos, and its annoyng when people want to play ovd, and some dudes that are obs decent players just grief, dm midle yard and stuf, and also the vote system, you change the weapon and you picked you pick a random map. So thats my rant.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #50
[TALOS]Smoke

Class/Position: Demo Defense
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
I´ve been playing ocasionally ff at talos, and its annoyng when people want to play ovd, and some dudes that are obs decent players just grief, dm midle yard and stuf, and also the vote system, you change the weapon and you picked you pick a random map. So thats my rant.
zE I have admin on the [TALOS] server, when you see things like that shoot me a message on steam and I'll try to get the situation resolved.

I only offer purely constructive criticism here, when word of FF started floating around in 2005 or so I was chomping at the bit. A friend of mine "leaked" some of the screenies for 2fort and I couldn't wait to play it. When it came out, I bought CS:S only for the sole purpose of using the Source engine to get FF. I think the [TALOS] server was the first server I joined, and they have been the only community I've belonged to in FF. I think it took me a few months before I started fooling around with mapping, and then real life happened and when I stopped playing FF the player base was probably 1,500+. I started playing again about 6 to 8 months ago and was amazed that not only were there practically no servers, but maybe 40 players total playing at peak times.
I really hate that! I don't know what happened in the interim of my absence, but it's a shame. I try to get the word out to anyone that I know has a source engine game, and even when I play TFC I still have players ask about [TALOS] and FF.
I do what I can for this mod, whether it be getting the word out or mapping. Granted I don't have the vision to make some of the caliber of maps I have seen on FF, but I can hold my own and I know there are plenty of TFC maps that would draw new players if they were brought over, so while I may dabble in making new maps, I get more enjoyment out of porting over the old maps from TFC.
I would love to see more (DEDICATED) people brought into the loop, whether it be devs or pr people or hell even just new players! I know that this is being done in free time, and that there is little to no compensation offered to be anything more than a player, and that things sometimes have to wait a while to be addressed. I'm fine with that, and everyone else should be too. But we also would like to see that things are being addressed, whether it be bugs or new features that might help draw players.
I guess I just would like to say to the dev team. Keep up the good work, FF is looking better and better every update. Those of us who have a vested interest in this game, whether it be time on a server or time invested in mapping or modding are doing it for the same reason. We just want to see this mod survive and thrive.
[TALOS]Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote