o_kam

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Make it then!

hardcore used to be played a bit when bhop was uncapped in tfc btw
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
o_hatetsi

Thanks for the fast responses. Keep it up!
o_hatetsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
o_flicker

Slower rocket speed = more skill to get air shots imo.

BTW, check out this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=tfc&pl=true

It is loaded with air shots and juggling and it is pretty obvious how premeditated it is (and not blind luck as the OP suggested).
o_flicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
o_elvis2049

nice movie indeed
and its amasing to see how close tfc is in compariment to that movie
o_elvis2049 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006, 04:21 AM   #25
o_kam

Huh? Oh no you didn't just compare that to tfde2!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:53 AM   #26
o_jarek

slower tfc rockets requires 10x the brain power that quake rockets do, you can't just shoot it, you have to think where the enemy is going to be. if you watch a good soldier in tfc you will see that it is not all about rockets, you have to know how to cockblock, use nades, and shotty all in the right scenario.

besides, making rockets faster takes out one of the best qualities about TFC offense... making soldiers kill themselves/ waste rockets once you learn to juke.
o_jarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #27
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek
slower tfc rockets requires 10x the brain power that quake rockets do, you can't just shoot it, you have to think where the enemy is going to be. if you watch a good soldier in tfc you will see that it is not all about rockets, you have to know how to cockblock, use nades, and shotty all in the right scenario.

besides, making rockets faster takes out one of the best qualities about TFC offense... making soldiers kill themselves/ waste rockets once you learn to juke.

You obviously haven't played q3f or even quake for that matter. Q3F requires all that too. Prediction is a huge part in being a good soldier and using your players model to block conc'ers while reloading and other such is also a great skill. ALL good soldiers use their shotgun and grenades. You can tell the poor ones because they do not.

Your whole post is pretty much wrong, no offense though.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #28
o_ekse

thanks tyros, i wanted to say the exact same
o_ekse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #29
o_qui

My game is more skilled than yours. I am a better person than you.
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #30
o_jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
You obviously haven't played q3f or even quake for that matter. Q3F requires all that too. Prediction is a huge part in being a good soldier and using your players model to block conc'ers while reloading and other such is also a great skill. ALL good soldiers use their shotgun and grenades. You can tell the poor ones because they do not.

Your whole post is pretty much wrong, no offense though.
faster projectiles = less required prediction (pending the soldier position)

the only thing faster rockets does imo is make tougher positions more playable. a soldier playing top of Well fr in TFC can't rely on his rockets until the enemy is actually within range, while a soldier in TF can use his rockets much sooner.

explain your reasoning why this is wrong instead of just flat out slinging bullshit.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:59 AM   #31
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek
faster projectiles = less required prediction (pending the soldier position)

the only thing faster rockets does imo is make tougher positions more playable. a soldier playing top of Well fr in TFC can't rely on his rockets until the enemy is actually within range, while a soldier in TF can use his rockets much sooner.

explain your reasoning why this is wrong instead of just flat out slinging bullshit.
Firstly, faster rockets does not mean less prediction. That just means its a different type of prediction.

The only reason I label your post as wrong, is because your post basically says "elite tfc players are better than all other players cuz their rockets are slower"

Then you go and explain why, with crappy reasons like "tfc players block players", "tfc players use grenades", "tfc players use their shotguns".

Any half decent soldier knows how to do at least one of those. Those skills are absolutely necessary to practice and learn in order to improve your play. NO MATTER WHAT FORTRESS MOD YOU PLAY.

I am in no way saying Q3f/ETF players are more or less skilled than tfc'ers, however I am saying that q3f/etf players are more skilled in q3f/etf than tfc'ers, vice versa. Its just how the game plays.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 04-08-2006 at 05:11 AM.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:07 AM   #32
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Tyrus is making the most sense here :P

Old 04-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #33
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

All other things being equal, it takes more prediction skill to hit players with slower rockets. Luck only gets you so far.

All other things, however, are not equal: Comparing "skill" across TFC and ETF is silly, because they're different games (different player movement, movement speeds, firing during reloading, etc)
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2006, 05:48 AM   #34
o_tyrus

One thing I forgot to mention though...of which is coming from experience.

ETF/Q3F has totally different rocket speeds than RA3 (rocket arena 3). Ok, after playing ETF for 5 hours straight and then hopping right into an RA3 server your aim might be "a little off", but only for a few minutes. These different rocket speeds are very easy to adjust to. To any good player, making the adjustment of their aim to match the games necessity, rocket speed or any other weapon, is a very minor change.

Similarly, when getting a new mouse, its usually very hard to match the exact same sensitivity you once had on a different mouse. I, instead of going through the headache of trial and error over and over, just pick a fairly reasonable sensitivity and adjust. (totally off note, but its related and shows a point)

Last edited by o_tyrus; 04-08-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #35
o_kam

slower rockets = bigger learning curve imo

Old 04-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #36
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
do hitscan weapons require prediction?
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #37
o_jarek

i didn't mean TFC players are better in Quake, i was trying to say it is harder to use slower rockets effectively, as someone on the first page of the thread said otherwise. slower rocekts effect a lot more strategy wise than you may think, which is what i was trying to say in my first post

i have played TF, but i was never really a fan of it. when i first tried TFC soldier i abandoned it because you couldn't hit half the shots you could in TF so you had to start using your RPG in a different manner, one that i was not attuned to. (mind you i was a hardcore HLDM player for a good amount of time before i converted to TFC)

Old 04-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #38
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
ETF had less of a learning curve than TFC to me. Dead by Dawn started in ETF with almost zero QWTF/Q3F/ETF experience and did very well..

Ask Wheaties about demo heheh.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #39
o_-uk-juggernaut

Well im kinda new to TFC almost 1 year, i usually play Soldier, im not the greatest but i can do some damage..anywayz i was wondering if anyone would be so kind in telling me how to get a copy of the game portrayed on the video.

thanx
o_-uk-juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #40
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicker
Slower rocket speed = more skill to get air shots imo.

BTW, check out this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=tfc&pl=true

It is loaded with air shots and juggling and it is pretty obvious how premeditated it is (and not blind luck as the OP suggested).
why do people incessantly make videos of themselves over their favourite music to make their e-penis bigger? :/

yeah, tutorials i can understand, but that video is one big gloat ffs........