Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Rawd

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The more I play TF2.. The more I appreciate FF.

I am a bit sad. I really wanted TF2 to be more than it is. But could you guys imagine if thats all we had right now? I was SOO happy to be able to come back into an FF server. I feel like Im moving underwater while playing TF2, and I hate the FOV set to 75.. It's like holding your hands up to the sides of your face..No periferal vision. When I came back to an FF server, I felt as though my vision had cleared, and I had taken off the 50 pound ball and chain.

I appreciated FF before yesterday, but now I am even more pleased that it was made. If it weren't for you guys, it would be a sad day for Fortress fans.
Rawd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
groovyf
In the clouds

I've just had a similar coming back from playing around 3-4 hours this afternoon of TF2 and playing some FF. I can definitely say FF's style suits me much more than TF2
groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawd
I am a bit sad. I really wanted TF2 to be more than it is. But could you guys imagine if thats all we had right now? I was SOO happy to be able to come back into an FF server. I feel like Im moving underwater while playing TF2, and I hate the FOV set to 75.. It's like holding your hands up to the sides of your face..No periferal vision. When I came back to an FF server, I felt as though my vision had cleared, and I had taken off the 50 pound ball and chain.

I appreciated FF before yesterday, but now I am even more pleased that it was made. If it weren't for you guys, it would be a sad day for Fortress fans.
ill go on a stretch and say regular TFC is better then TF2 i cant get into the beta at all, i played a few rounds and find it horrible
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Aside from the FOV 75 I quite like TF2.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I wish they had let the demo.....excuse me.... "beta" loose to everyone for a day, to see if we like it. I have been tempted to give it a try....but my problem is that the more I hear about it....the less I seem to like it. I seriously don't want to drop all that money for the package, but if I felt it was worth it.......

Bah, the hell with it. I have TFC, a few really good servers/communities, and I have Fortress Forever. What more can a guy ask for? (Alright, leave women/men/goats/etc.... out of this, ya sickos!)
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 AM   #6
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Its fun Iggy, but if you like the fast paced fun of FF, you would feel completely hindered by how slow TF2 is. I don't like the speed, no nades, spawn timer, no good movement methods and the way that you can tag a medic to anyone and become the god duo from hell.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
Abjure
Follower of the Occult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Yeah at first it was a little disorienting but I quickly grew used to it.
Abjure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 AM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Same, now.

We need to play together sometime, for serious.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #9
nataskaos

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
must be nice.
I am dealing with valve's newest bug.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=598745

awesome sauce.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #10
Abjure
Follower of the Occult

Quote:
Same, now.

We need to play together sometime, for serious.
Fo realz.
Abjure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #11
mogge

after giving tf2 another shot from last night, it is pretty fun, however i still enjoy ff's gameplay better.

although i found it funny that dustbowl looks a tad close to FF's, spy has cloak, and i believe spy has a sabotages too?
mogge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #12
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
that same.

first thing i did was try to change the fov and it said "SORRY BTICH."

you slowly get used to it.
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 AM   #13
jaguax

I don't know how you people call it slow, a scout can zip between both battlement towers in 2fort within seconds. A 3 point CTF match in 2fort can be over within the span of 10 minutes with a good scout and offense. I wouldn't call that slow. Halo is much slower.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 AM   #14
Kao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogge
after giving tf2 another shot from last night, it is pretty fun, however i still enjoy ff's gameplay better.

although i found it funny that dustbowl looks a tad close to FF's, spy has cloak, and i believe spy has a sabotages too?
Not sabotage, but similar...

He can put what's called the Electrosapper (sp?) on enemy SGs/Dispensers that drain health until the SG/Dispenser blows up. However, the Electrosapper can be removed by an Engineer with his wrench if he is handy to the SG/Dispenser.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
EngeeMan
Banned

TF2 is very good. Everything is very polished and I have seen every class being used to fill gaps and be useful (pyro the least so, but at least he does a lot more damage than he did in TFC).

The only thing I don't dig 100% is that spies can place sappers with no downtime between placements on as many structures as they want instantly. If a spy gets near you and you don't have anyone around to attack him you will have to spend most of your time beating with your spanner to get the sappers off while he just keeps placing them. If you change weapons and shoot at him you will likely lose something that was sapped.

Other than that I love everything.

Demoman's bombs are big, heavy, and fat. They feel satisfying when they blow up on people.

Being a medic is a LOT of fun! There is more strategy than you think to avoiding getting stabbed from behind by a spy or flanked by a pyro. Plus making the Ubercharge is very satisfying.
EngeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #16
phroztbyt3

considering i found out about FF exactly the same day as I bought TF2, yes I feel exactly the same. FF is for TFC lovers, TF2 is for people who wanted something different form there TFC experience. Im fine with the old, and a few spruces... plus with source it looks sexilicious.
phroztbyt3 is offline   Reply With Quote